Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#OccupyStanford
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
#OccupyStanford
http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-footbal...-12comment

Funny stuff happening in the comments section of an ESPN blog devoted to a school with, ummm, questionable public support, in support of a certain BCS conference that appears to actually have public support but whose blog was deleted by Disney's sports media company today.
07-01-2013 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: #OccupyStanford
The team that is truly being overlooked is UCLA, not Stanford.
07-01-2013 09:39 PM
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
I figure this is the best place for me to mention that the #AskAresco twitter question session went exactly how you'd expect it to. Some funny stuff.
07-01-2013 09:55 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(07-01-2013 09:39 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  The team that is truly being overlooked is UCLA, not Stanford.

If you're really dying for more UCLA news 03-yawn , ESPN has a UCLA blog page on their "ESPN LA" section. "Enjoy". http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/ucla/
07-01-2013 10:16 PM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Fresno State
(07-01-2013 09:39 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  The team that is truly being overlooked is UCLA, not Stanford.

@Nebraska
@Oregon
@Stanford
@UofA
@Southern Cal

Unless their secondary is a disaster, I think the Bruins should be pretty damn good this year. They're going to lose some games with that road schedule though. Could look like a step back even if they have a good year.

Pac12 schedule is very kind to Southern Cal this year though. No Nike and no UW.
07-01-2013 11:17 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
The #OccupyStanford movement isn't a trend it's a lifestyle. Screw ESPN.
07-02-2013 12:12 AM
Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
#OccupyStanford is my fav occupy movement...
07-02-2013 02:21 AM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Welcome to the Kiddie Table boys.

- The Rest of the G5
07-02-2013 10:44 AM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(07-01-2013 11:17 PM)CPslograd Wrote:  

@Nebraska
@Oregon
@Stanford
@UofA
@Southern Cal

Unless their secondary is a disaster, I think the Bruins should be pretty damn good this year. They're going to lose some games with that road schedule though. Could look like a step back even if they have a good year.

Pac12 schedule is very kind to Southern Cal this year though. No Nike and no UW.

Depends on Hundley's development. They lost a lot of talented guys with both CB's, TE Fauria, RB Franklin, DL Jones, and a WR.
07-02-2013 10:46 AM
Advertisement

Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
I don't see this going anywhere, ESPiN is still posting stuff as if nothing happened.
07-02-2013 11:53 AM
Blackhawk-eye Offline
1st String

I Root For: B&G Hawks
(07-02-2013 10:44 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Welcome to the Kiddie Table boys.

- The Rest of the G5

That's exactly right. Unfortunately for Cincy, USF, UConn and even Temple, they are all back in the have-nots camp. It's just a simple reality and I'm surprised some folks around here are shocked by this recent, substantially low-profile maneuver.

Sure the American will have its AQ bid this season, but those who are interested/invested should prepare themselves for the inevitable dismissive attitude ESPN will have toward the AAC beginning with week 1 of the season.

The American will be treated like a season long BCS Buster for the 2013 season.
07-02-2013 12:45 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
The point is to raise a stink now, because if you let them take something small with no fight they'll continue to take more and more until there's nothing left.
07-02-2013 12:49 PM
Blackhawk-eye Offline
1st String

I Root For: B&G Hawks
Good luck guys and give'em hell.
07-02-2013 12:56 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners

07-02-2013 01:16 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
its not like bball where you have a bajillion conferences, why can't they cover all 10 conferences? I guess that's the problem with being a small start up company like ESPN, they just don't have the resources.
07-02-2013 01:45 PM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
It isn't just about the take over of blogs either. I know more than a few people posting with insider accounts/ESPN the Mag subscriptions saying they were going to cancel. I called earlier today and did the same. Got my refund for this year's annual subscription. Let them know if they didn't feel covering my alma mater was important, than clearly my money wasn't important either. I've been getting the Magazine for 6 years and wouldn't have canceled otherwise.

Honestly, considering the bloggers they were using on the blog were doubling up on their duties (AA also did ACC, Fortuna also did ND), they literally aren't saving hardly anything by doing this. Does anyone think the cost of that blog was even more than a pebble's worth of time at all?

I just don't see this as a smart business decision, especially if there are others like me who are switching sports magazines. Hello Sports Illustrated for me.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 01:55 PM by stxrunner.)
07-02-2013 01:54 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(07-02-2013 12:49 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  The point is to raise a stink now, because if you let them take something small with no fight they'll continue to take more and more until there's nothing left.

Where was this energy when they eliminated the NAQ blog several years ago??
07-02-2013 01:54 PM
Advertisement

Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies

- The Rest of the G5

Beating the AQ 8 times in a year is a sure way to get attention (NIU BCS bowl bid) Even the Eastern Sports Propoganda Network can't ignore that.

That's all that we can do folks, beat'em on the field. College football starts 8 weeks from the 4th of July Holiday. 02-13-banana
07-02-2013 06:07 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
(07-02-2013 12:45 PM)Fireman451 Wrote:  

- The Rest of the G5

That's exactly right. Unfortunately for Cincy, USF, UConn and even Temple, they are all back in the have-nots camp. It's just a simple reality and I'm surprised some folks around here are shocked by this recent, substantially low-profile maneuver.

Sure the American will have its AQ bid this season, but those who are interested/invested should prepare themselves for the inevitable dismissive attitude ESPN will have toward the AAC beginning with week 1 of the season.

The American will be treated like a season long BCS Buster for the 2013 season.

Yep it will happen just like it already happens to the Belt, CUSA the MWC & the MAC. If it weren't for the 8 wins MAC teams had over AQ teams last year the conference would have been ignored as it almost always is. Beat a big $ team 8 times and you get some positive publicity but that's what it will take.
07-02-2013 06:11 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(07-01-2013 11:17 PM)CPslograd Wrote:  

@Nebraska
@Oregon
@Stanford
@UofA
@Southern Cal

If Coach Mora can continue to get those kids to buy in, he will continue to surprise everyone and I don't see why its not possible this year. He made studs out of duds last year, he can do it again.

At Nebraska? That may not be all that tough of a game.

At Oregon? Team full of studs but we will see how the coaching regime change affects their performance.

At Stanford? Tough game indeed, if Mora can pull that one off it will be a big deal.

At Arizona? Meh.

At USC? Same city and USC has a penchant for not playing to their potential. I blame their coach. I think Mora pulls this one out. It takes a strong coach at USC to mold all those studs into an actual team. Their current coach doesn't seem to have the moxie to be able to do it.

They may only lose two of those five. They may not lose any but I think winning 3 of 5 will be enough for a massively successful season for UCLA and personally I think it is possible. UCLA is going to rise to the top of the PAC under Mora.
07-02-2013 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.