We ran Texas out of Louisville!

08-09-2013 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalZen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: 1993 Football - #24 Louisville vs Texas - Full Game
This game is interesting to watch. Sponsors had ads touting their fundraising for the new stadium, and there were fundraising goal updates. They even showed a stadium concept drawing which has no relation to the one finally built.

Fun game! Blast from the past.

The Fiesta victory against Bama, and this victory over Texas did much to get that stadium built. Schnelenbeger is the man!
08-09-2013 11:42 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(08-09-2013 11:42 AM)CardinalZen Wrote:  This game is interesting to watch. Sponsors had ads touting their fundraising for the new stadium, and there were fundraising goal updates. They even showed a stadium concept drawing which has no relation to the one finally built.

Fun game! Blast from the past.

The Fiesta victory against Bama, and this victory over Texas did much to get that stadium built. Schnelenbeger is the man!

Spot on!
08-09-2013 12:54 PM
Advertisement

CardinalZen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Here's a 2005 magazine article about Schnellenberger at UofL. It was published in Louisville magazine.

The following year, during halftime of the UofL vs. FAU game, it was unveiled that the football campus had been named the Howard L. Schnellenberger Football Complex in his honor.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 09:22 AM by CardinalZen.)
08-10-2013 09:22 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Looking @ the old Cardinal Stadium to the current Papa John's Cardinal Stadium...we come a lllloooonnnngggg way....04-cheers
08-10-2013 08:15 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I was there and remember seeing Bevo leaving early. Texas fans were stunned but were good natured afterwards. one of the highlights of the Schnellenberger era.
08-10-2013 09:40 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Thx for posting these video's Wilkie. I'm a little disappointed I don't remember UL being good back in 93. I was 11 and was getting into college ball big time.
08-11-2013 12:28 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Lee Corso had Our program looking good in the early '70's then went to IU. Had a couple of coaches between Lee and Howard Schnellenberger from the Miami NCAA Championshipteam after leaving them for the USFL. We lost Howard to Oklahoma after CUSA was anounced and the "forerunner" to Kragthorpe, Ron Cooper came calling and set Us back a few Years. In came Jurich, Out went Cooper, in came John L. Smith and We climbed back up. He left for Mich.St, and in came Bobby Petrino, He went to the Atlanta Falcons and Fame, Krackhead came in, set Us Way back, Fired Him and brought in Charlie Strong and looking Bright. Been some Great Years and some Very Bad Years along the way.
08-11-2013 02:07 PM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(08-11-2013 02:07 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Lee Corso had Our program looking good in the early '70's then went to IU. Had a couple of coaches between Lee and Howard Schnellenberger from the Miami NCAA Championshipteam after leaving them for the USFL. We lost Howard to Oklahoma after CUSA was anounced and the "forerunner" to Kragthorpe, Ron Cooper came calling and set Us back a few Years. In came Jurich, Out went Cooper, in came John L. Smith and We climbed back up. He left for Mich.St, and in came Bobby Petrino, He went to the Atlanta Falcons and Fame, Krackhead came in, set Us Way back, Fired Him and brought in Charlie Strong and looking Bright. Been some Great Years and some Very Bad Years along the way.

In a backhanded way the Kragthorpe disaster was a blessing...ad we continued with our success we would now be in the Bevo League under the thumb of Texas. Luckily we hired the real right guy, a couple of breaks we ended up in a much better place in the ACC & with the right person leading the program in Coach Strong.
08-11-2013 10:10 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(08-11-2013 12:28 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Thx for posting these video's Wilkie. I'm a little disappointed I don't remember UL being good back in 93. I was 11 and was getting into college ball big time.

Your welcome. These films show how hard Louisville worked to get PJCS built and how hard we had to work to get our program strong. I have been donating and support the football program since 1971. And I am so proud to be an ACC member in 2014! 04-rock
08-18-2013 09:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.