Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who will win the BE championship this year?
This poll is closed.
Louisville 30.77% 16 30.77%
West Virginia 38.46% 20 38.46%
Pittsburgh 3.85% 2 3.85%
South Florida 7.69% 4 7.69%
Rutgers 5.77% 3 5.77%
U Conn 5.77% 3 5.77%
Cincinnati 7.69% 4 7.69%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
WHO WILL WIN THE BIG EAST IN FOOTBALL?
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
WHO WILL WIN THE BIG EAST IN FOOTBALL?
I'm a homer, but one with a good chance. I think Louisville will win it.
I didn't leave Syracuse off on purpose. I don't know what happened. Sorry Orange. I can't imagine you would have gotten a vote though.
04-09-2006 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I am a Cardinal homer, also. However, if its not Louisville it will be West Virginia.
04-09-2006 12:33 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

West Virginia
04-09-2006 01:19 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

WVU and Louisville are the only legitimate contenders for the Big East crown. West Virginia has the Big East crown at the moment, but Louisvile has the home field advantage. We'll see what happens as the season progresses.

Anyone voting on Cincinnati, Connecticutt, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, or South Florida are living in fantasy land. The only race the other schools are in is to see who will qualify for a bowl game. The Big East championship is a bit beyond them at the moment.

I probably would have left all of them out except for Louisville and WVU, so I hope all you Syracuse fans don't feel too bad.
04-09-2006 06:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I could easily see UL or WVU winning it, and Pitt wouldn't shock me.
04-09-2006 08:09 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Re: WHO WILL WIN THE BIG EAST IN FOOTBALL?
army56mike Wrote:I'm a homer, but one with a good chance. I think Louisville will win it.
I didn't leave Syracuse off on purpose. I don't know what happened. Sorry Orange. I can't imagine you would have gotten a vote though.

One Write-in Vote for the CUSE!
04-09-2006 10:16 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Re: WHO WILL WIN THE BIG EAST IN FOOTBALL?
TexanMark Wrote:
army56mike Wrote:I'm a homer, but one with a good chance. I think Louisville will win it.

One Write-in Vote for the CUSE!
Now there's a real dreamer. 01-wingedeagle
04-09-2006 10:23 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

My vote to Lul'vulle, provided Brohm's back to form. Speaking of... it's spring workout time of year. What's the latest?
04-09-2006 10:47 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

I'd be absolutely shocked if WVU doesn't win the BE. If they have more than one conference loss, i'd be shocked too.
04-10-2006 08:19 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Prepare to be shocked!
04-10-2006 09:04 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Wilkie01 Wrote:Prepare to be shocked!
The shock is going to come to the fans at Papa John's after Pat White and Steve Slaton finish burning up that field.
04-10-2006 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Let's beat a beer on that!
04-10-2006 09:37 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Wilkie01 Wrote:Let's beat a beer on that!

It usually goes to the team who has the easiest schedule. At this point Louisville has the two teams that beat them last year at home, which is not good news for WVU and especially bad news for South Florida. I know the players have the USF game circled they will be looking for blood in that game. I'd be shocked if we don't throw the book out in the USF game, but I'm trying to think who has the favorable home schedule. Pitt has Louisville and WVU at home. So they could end up being the shocker, and I really believe Rutgers could be the trap game for the ville considering how badly we embarassed them last year. WVU has to go on the road to Louisville and Pitt, certainly not friendly environments. I wouldn't be shocked at to many outcomes this year because homefield advantage is such a useful tool in football. WVU had a ready made schedule last year, I would have to say Pitt has the best schedule this year "if" they can some how shock Louisville and WVU. USF goes on the road to Louisville and WVU "ouch" and Cincy goes on the road to Louisville and WVU another "ouch". The carrier dome is always a tough place to play, its definitly going to be a fun fun year. I"m just glad we don't have the target on our back this year. I believe WVU will get everybody's best game. Slaton and White won't suprise any teams this year.
04-11-2006 01:42 AM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I must admit it:
I am a USF homer.... 02-13-banana

if not my Bulls, then WVU or ULville.....

I think that USF will be 5-0 in conference when we hit the last two game conference stretch of at WVU and L'ville. Scary games, both games are away and in COLD weather.....
04-11-2006 08:35 AM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

Lemmiwinks Wrote:My vote to Lul'vulle, provided Brohm's back to form. Speaking of... it's spring workout time of year. What's the latest?

He is participating in the passing drills which is a huge plus. He can plant on his leg and throw. He will not participate in the spring game so he wont take hits in the spring which is understandable. I guess the first real test will be in Sept 2nd (or 3rd) when he takes his first hits against UK. But overall it is a great deal of improvement that he is even in the passing drills right now.
04-11-2006 10:13 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Wilkie01 Wrote:Let's beat a beer on that!
Even though I don't drink ... you're on!
04-11-2006 10:18 AM
Advertisement

SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut

Would it be better for another team other than Louisville or West Virginia win the Big East this year? Let Louisville or West Virginia be the second BCS team from the BE. Now you would have three and maybe four top-25 from the Big East.
04-11-2006 11:33 AM
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

I'd say SU can do it too. We won the Big East in 2004 at 6-5 (should have gone to BCS over Pitt) beat BC and Pitt that year.
04-11-2006 01:43 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Not to be TOO offensive, but, I just can't believe anyone would seriously say Syrupcuse or Cincy have a shot at the conference championship this year. The closest they will be is there 0-0 record at the beginning of the season. It takes a little longer to get up that hill and you're no superman who can do it in a single bound.

I am growing less worried about the WVU game. We gave the game away last year and should have won (but we didn't) and we will be at home with Brohm at QB.
04-11-2006 03:27 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:I am growing less worried about the WVU game. We gave the game away last year and should have won (but we didn't) and we will be at home with Brohm at QB.
Considering your road games against UK and USF last year, I'm more inclined to say you suck on the road than say you are good at home.

By all means, though, overlook us. We are nothing to worry about.

:cookiemonster:
04-11-2006 03:38 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.