Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PITT FB RECRUITING/2006+
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
PITT FB RECRUITING/2006+
PITT FOOTBALL RECRUITING:

This is an update of my opinions as of May 8. My primary basis of information is Dokish http://pantherrants.blogspot.com/ and scout.com http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=141&p=9&c=4...07&pid=10.

It's actually Doke's article that spurs me to write this. He breaks down many players into the categories of likely to sign by percentage. I found it to be an excellent prospect chart.

First, let's look at the 100% category.

Chris Jacobson, OG
Chris Jacobson
(Keystone Oaks HS)
Pittsburgh, PA 6-3/275/5.00 Verbal Yes Committed to Pittsburgh

This is the kind of player Burghers will love: aggressive and hard -working. I'd like to see 5 or 6 OL this year, and we couldn't have a better start.

Pat Bostick, QB

Pat Bostick
(Manheim Twp HS)
Lancaster, PA 6-3.5/220/4.80 High Yes Pittsburgh, Louisville, Michigan, Connecticut, Maryland, Penn State

One of the five best QB's in the country. Wanny is flying to Lancaster Thursday. Bostick is announcing Friday. This could be the start of something BIG.

Now, on to the over 50% category. I sure hope Doke is right on this. I'd like them all, but odds say we get at least half. Let's hope.

Jordan Mabin HB/CB
Jordan Mabin
(Nordonia HS)
Macedonia, OH 5-11/185 Med Yes Indiana, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Florida

Mabin is best known as a RB in Ohio, but most college coaches would like to see him at CB. His 3 top teams are OSU, Pitt, and Mich. in no particular order. He is proud to be an Ohio kid and will probably take OSU if given the offer. Pitt has already offered and he has family in Pittsburgh. Dorin Dickerson is his cousin.

Henry Hynoski, FB
Henry Hynoski
(Southern Columbia Area HS)
Catawissa, PA 6-2/243/4.65 Med Yes Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia

I really want this kid. He's good enough to be a featured back (TB), but his speed would indicate that at the college D1 level, that would only occur inside the 10 or 20 yardline. Yet, if he were to become a great blocker, he has the size and speed to become an all-American at FB. I like his attitude too. Although he lives in Penn State territory, Pitt has a realistic shot.

Nick Sukay, WR
Nick Sukay
(Greensburg Central Catholic HS)
Greensburg, PA 6-2/195/4.49 Med Yes Georgia Tech, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia

Sukay is an athlete. Whether he ends up at WR, CB, or S, he will be a wonderful recruit.

Donny Barclay, OT
Donny Barclay
(Seneca Valley SHS)
Harmony, PA 6-5.5/280/5.10 Med Yes Akron, Boston College, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia

I am so happy Pitt offered Barclay. Everyone knows we need OT's, and this guy's going to be a good one for whoever gets him.

Brandon Lindsey, LB
Brandon Lindsey
(Aliquippa SHS)
Aliquippa, PA 6-2/220 Med Yes Pittsburgh

I'll admit I had to look this one up. I no longer live in the Burgh, so I'm not that up with the HS kids. I'm impressed that Pitt is his only choice. I did notice that he Earned All-WPIAL honors as a junior. Add to that the fact that he's from Aliquippa, and it sounds good to me.

Dom DeCicco, LB
Dom DeCicco
(Thomas Jefferson HS)
Clairton, PA 6-3/195/4.65 Med Yes Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia

I will admit that I had difficulty finding Dom as a LB. Most have him listed as a CB. However, I can understand why some would project him elsewhere due to his speed. If accurate, 4.65 won't cover most D1 WR's. I was even more surprised that the projection didn't move him to safety. I rationalize that coaches might look at that height and figure they could bulk him into a LB. Regardless, he's a super athlete who will work out wherever they put him.

Jared Williams, CB
Jared Williams
(Perry Traditional Academy)
Pittsburgh, PA 5-10/190 Akron, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia

For anyone who had trouble finding Williams in your research, that's understandable. He's a RB in the Pittsburgh city league. His speed isn't listed. If Wanny's interested, he's a burner.

Around 50%

Toney Clemons, WR
Toney Clemons
(Valley SHS)
New Kensington, PA 6-3/185/4.40 Med Yes Miami (Fl), Michigan, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Penn State

One of the most talented receivers to ever come out of our area. He's a New Ken kid, and it would be a shame to lose him. OSU and Michigan will be major foes in this battle. I believe 2 of his sisters competed for Pitt, but he's from a very athletic family and had a cousin who was a superstar at Michigan. Good news is he attended the Pitt camp last week vs, the larger combine at PSU.
Jon Ditto, WR
Jon Ditto
(Gateway SHS)
Monroeville, PA 6-4/215/4.60 Med Yes Georgia Tech, Louisville, Mississippi, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse

Tweener--a very good WR who might become a TE. He did choose pSU's camp over Pit's this past weekend. I think we need to show more love to the incoming Gateway recruit we have.
WR 52 Aaron Smith
(Gateway SHS)
Monroeville, PA 6-0/185/4.60

was a great recruit, and people are not showing enough love. Think about it.

Maurice Williams, WR
Maurice Williams
(Strong Vincent HS)
Erie, PA 6-3/190/4.45 Med Yes Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia

If my memory serves me right, this young man is a very athletic QB. Look at the height and speed--definitely worth the position change gamble.
Andrew Devlin, TE
Andrew Devlin
(Mt Lebanon SHS)
Pittsburgh, PA 6-6/255/4.75 Med Yes Connecticut, Iowa, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford, West Virginia

No one knows where Devlin will end up--TE or OT. Common denominator is that everyone agrees he will be good.
Dan Matha, OT
Dan Matha
(McDowell SHS)
Erie, PA 6-7/310/5.25 Med Yes Iowa, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia

I love Erie. This kid is already a man. Have I mentioned that Pitt needs OT's.
Josh Marks, OT
Josh Marks
(Southern Columbia Area HS)
Catawissa, PA 6-4/285/5.30 Med Yes Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Temple, West Virginia

1A HS players are finally getting some love. Lots of people say pSU will get him. We've got a chance, and I sure do want this man.

Evan Blankenship, OG
Evan Blankenship
(Center Area SHS)
Monaca, PA 6-3/300/5.10 Med Yes Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Kentucky

I heard somebody say the other day that he didn't think this kid was so good. Believe me, when OSU offers a lineman that early, he's good. This is another kid we need to keep home. We're probably second on his list behind OSU. Maybe he'll want to block for Bostick!!!
Gino Gradkowski, C/OG
Gino Gradkowski
(Seton-Lasalle HS)
Pittsburgh, PA 6-4/275/5.20 Med Yes Michigan State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Toledo, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Wonderful OL talent from the Burgh. If the previous coaching staff didn't sour his family too much, maybe he'll stay home. I wouldn't count on it, but I'd like this kid at Pitt.
Myles Caragein, DT
Myles Caragein
(Keystone Oaks HS)
Pittsburgh, PA 6-3/260/4.80 Med Yes Indiana, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Toledo

I like Miles at DE, which is where some project him. However, everyone says he's tough, the kind of defensive guy you want going after people. I like that. Don't ask me where his high school is. It's actually a code incorporating the names of 3 Pittsburgh cities by insinuation. Really, I do know, but I'm not going to give it away because it's like a trivial pursuit question in the WPIAL.
Cameron Heyward, DT/DE
Cameron Heyward
(Peachtree Ridge HS)
Suwanee, GA 6-6/270/4.90 Med Yes Florida, Georgia, LSU, Pittsburgh, Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi

Yes, yes, yes. His father was loved in Pittsburgh. Many of us would have liked to see Ironhead play some defensive reps.
Steve Paskorz, RB/LB
Steve Paskorz
(Hampton HS)
Allison Park, PA 6-2/220/4.50 Med Yes Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Virginia, West Virginia

This is another guy we don't want to let get away. He's probably going to be a great LB. Eevn if he isn't, he'll be a very good RB instead. Talent, athleticism, and head for the game. He must be a Panther.

I hope I added a little to what others have already said. The Panthers have one now, and the snowball is about to start rolling downhill.
05-08-2006 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.