Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How is Souther Miss 0-10??
Bookmark and Share
10miners Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP
I haven't been following c-usa or even much of college football this season,since Utep is doing bad. But wow Southern Miss is even worst than UTEP?? What did I miss? Do they have some major injuries,, what happened?
11-16-2013 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: How is Souther Miss 0-10??
[Image: 22550d1381890705-ford-dealers-blow-fry-c...7e8642.jpg]
11-16-2013 09:03 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2013 08:55 PM)10miners Wrote:  I haven't been following c-usa or even much of college football this season,since Utep is doing bad. But wow Southern Miss is even worst than UTEP?? What did I miss? Do they have some major injuries,, what happened?

They are actually 0-22 over the last two seasons…Looks like all the coaching changes along with injuries and an inexperienced team have take their toll on the USM program. No doubt it is puzzling how fast and far their program has fallen. No only are they losing but they are getting pummeled on a weekly basis.
11-16-2013 09:05 PM
CheeseSndwch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Univ. Houston
(11-16-2013 08:55 PM)10miners Wrote:  what happened?

Coach Bower was fired.
11-16-2013 09:06 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Well, this year we currently have 17 players on the two-deep from week one who have been injured or remain injured. It's wild. Today we had 15 players in jerseys and wind pants. Can't have a rebuilding year when you are playing a frosh qb and your second string.
11-16-2013 09:08 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2013 09:08 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Well, this year we currently have 17 players on the two-deep from week one who have been injured or remain injured. It's wild. Today we had 15 players in jerseys and wind pants. Can't have a rebuilding year when you are playing a frosh qb and your second string.

Why do you think you are having so many injuries?? Is it a S&C problem or are they having spring ball type of practices?? I know a lot of coaches will take a spring ball approach to in season practices when they know the season is pretty much a loss.
11-16-2013 09:13 PM
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
We have just as many (if not more) injuries. The pillow fight rivalry at the end of the season's gonna be off the chain!
11-16-2013 10:22 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(11-16-2013 09:06 PM)CheeseSndwch Wrote:  

Coach Bower was fired.

The mistake wasn't firing Bower. The mistake was firing Bower and then not sticking to the plan for life after Bower.

Fedora was a $1,000,000-per-year coach. We've tried to replace him with two $750,000-per-year coaches and it hasn't worked.

The same AD hired both of these bargain basement coaching staffs. He also advocated for staying in CUSA, and for letting LA Tech into CUSA, so that we could save on gasoline. That's what Bama does, right?

This is not a difficult problem to explain. In theory, it's not a difficult problem to solve. We need to spend more money. We've tried the alternative, and we can't afford it. As much as we can't afford road trips to Temple, AAC entrance fees, or Larry Fedora, we can afford 9,000-person crowds for games against FAU even less.

Here's a novel fund-raising idea: ask people for money. "Send us money and we'll win football games" is not a letter that's hard to write. I'm still waiting to receive it.

Say what you want about our financial situation, but neither Jeff Hammond nor Bill McGillis has ever sent me a letter, or, better yet called me on the phone and flat-out asked for money. And yet we hear no end of complaints from the athletic department about our low budget.

If I got a letter from Bill McGillis asking for $1,000, he'd probably get it. If I got a letter from Bill McGillis asking for $1,000 to hire Bobby Petrino and join the AAC, he might get $2,000.

Instead, I get robo-calls from a dead-sounding John Cox offering to let my kid into our blowout vs. FAU for free. I don't want that. I want to take my kid to our home victory against Louisville, Boise State, or UH, and I don't mind paying for the privilege.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. At a certain point, you just have to conclude that the athletic department is just flat-out lazy. They don't want to be Boise or Louisville because they'd get annoying phone calls. The stadium would just be crowded if we expanded it. Better recruits might not listen to the coaching staff.

We cry "poor" but sometimes I think we just mean "lazy".
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 12:20 AM by AndreWhere.)
11-17-2013 12:16 AM
ODUwildman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SCSU
Then why haven't they tried to schedule Georgia State?
11-17-2013 03:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Funslinger Offline
All American

(11-16-2013 09:06 PM)CheeseSndwch Wrote:  

Coach Bower was fired.

We won 12 games four years after firing Bower. We never would've won that many under Bower. Firing him wasn't the problem.

The problem: a high level booster who is friends with Johnson got him the job over other more qualified applicants. He also managed to get him a sweet contract which allowed him to receive full compensation if fired. So he coached for one year and gets four years worth of salary. On top of that, Johnson squandered one of our more talented teams last season, winning zero games.

Plus, he hired an absolutely horrendous strength & conditioning coach. And he didn't recruit worth a damn. So Monken inherited a talent-depleted team that has suffered a few season-ending injuries and a plethora of injuries that have kept some key players sidelined. We can thank last season's S & C coach for that problem.

To make matters worse, Monken appears to be a bad coach at the moment so we are getting blown out instead of losing relatively competitive games. We are stuck with Monken as we don't have the budget to fire a coach two seasons in a row. I hope Monken learns fast how to be a head coach or we may never climb out of this hole.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 04:52 AM by Funslinger.)
11-17-2013 04:50 AM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!
You don't need to pay a coach 1million/year to win a football game each season.

I don't know what has happened to USM, but I feel for them. They are playing the worst D1 football I have ever seen.
11-17-2013 05:03 AM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2013 05:03 AM)marshallisqbu Wrote:  You don't need to pay a coach 1million/year to win a football game each season.

I don't know what has happened to USM, but I feel for them. They are playing the worst D1 football I have ever seen.

It certainly helps if you have $250k+ for OC and DC and can pay the position coaches decent money.

It is always a roll of the dice when you hire a successful OC or DC from a P5 team to be a Head Coach. Sometimes they are magic...see Fedora and sometimes they are tragic....see the last two Southern Miss coaches.

Southern Miss has a proud tradition and while it might take them some time to fix their current train wreck, they will fix it.
11-17-2013 06:58 AM
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers
I feel bad for USM. I admired their program as a kid. I remember when they would consistently have one of the best defensive units in the country and would give SEC teams fits. Looks like the Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere Golden Eagles are a thing of the past.
11-17-2013 11:30 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

Every program eventually has a trainwreck. USM finally has theirs. We had 18 winning seasons in a row before this. We also hadn't had back-to-back losing seasons since the 1930s. Get your licks in while you can. We'll be back, and we'll remember.
11-17-2013 11:38 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(11-17-2013 03:38 AM)ODUwildman Wrote:  Then why haven't they tried to schedule Georgia State?
Actually Georgia State might not be a good idea. They have improved drastically as the season has progressed. 03-shhhh
11-17-2013 12:15 PM
ODUwildman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SCSU
it's still Georgia State. They'll find a way to blow it.
11-17-2013 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
its karma pointed toward usmbacker for being such a mean spirited conferencemate to Tulane all of these years.
11-17-2013 01:23 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2013 01:23 PM)pablowow Wrote:  its karma pointed toward usmbacker for being such a mean spirited conferencemate to Tulane all of these years.

Do you notice that backer has disappeared from this board?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 03:39 PM by nastybunch.)
11-17-2013 02:30 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

People at Southern Miss love playing prostitution games and claiming that Bower needed to go. It has definitely comeback to bite us in the buttocks
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 03:40 PM by nastybunch.)
11-17-2013 02:32 PM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
(11-17-2013 02:30 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(11-17-2013 01:23 PM)pablowow Wrote:  its karma pointed toward usmbacker for being such a mean spirited conferencemate to Tulane all of these years.

Do you notice that backed has disappeared from this board?

In his hole. It's a lessen to all of us in our our houses how we should handle ourselves. I find it hard to believe a true saints fan and a tulane fan will ever bully another school for at least a generation. Hope he stays there(underground)even when USM rights the ship. And you guys will do that. Too much good history to build on.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 02:52 PM by pablowow.)
11-17-2013 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.