Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What Danny Needs
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
What Danny Needs
IMO we are currently having oncourt problems because of rebounding and FT's. But the real glaring problem I see is the latter. We simply don't or can't get enough boards to win or counter a poor shooting night. I've seen us try to pull the opponents posts away from the bucket when our skilled posts try to hit the 3 ball. That occasionally has to fail.

But I see this as a recruitng problem.

The thing DM brought to the program was that he was a good big man developer and I thought that would be a plus for us. But as it has worked out, we aren't very big or very tough inside - at least at this point. But I think we have a recruiting problem in that we haven't recruited good posts who can alter shots, get contested offensive and defensive boards. We are basically a small team overall. We are forced to play 6-4 players at the 4 and 6-3 kids at the 3. We just do not have any inside heft other the "big E" who is redshirting. Evans is obviously not 6-10 as advertised and Wright is under his listed 6-9.

So in the end, we have got to recruit bigs and perhaps make that our #1 priority. That way, DM will be able to develope them and we at least will have a decent chance on the boards. Remember that TU didn't get really good until they recruited Brandon Kurtz - that gave us the elite eight team and almost a final four.

Recruit "bigs" so DM can develope them!
11-30-2013 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TulsaEye Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa anon
RE: What Danny Needs
The biggest glaring problem the basketball program has is no experienced inside help. Recruiting has to fix this or continue to see the current problems. With the state the entire athletic program is in, not a whole lot of money to throw at it either. This or Danny needs a plum to just fall into his lap. How often does that happen, not often. Team free throw shootings got to get better also, but everyone knows that.
Tulsa no longer has a rep it can depend on like the teams in the 1990's to recruit some decent bigs. Its starting from scratch to build a rep. that bigs will want to take a chance with even though Danny has a national rep for coaching big men. Until Tulsa has some success TU will continue to struggle. Its old chicken or egg question.
Also someone associated with athletic program must also recruit an angel or some corporate types who are willing to invest some major bucks in the athletics. Or Tulsa will go into the AAC next year and fall into a black hole and not recover for some years maybe. You must have money to recruit or fall behind everyone.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 09:12 AM by TulsaEye.)
12-03-2013 08:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.