Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TCU Observations - Upper Classmen And Effort
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
TCU Observations - Upper Classmen And Effort
I think we may be at a stage in the season, recognizing our dismal record, where we should begin calling out names - just a bit. Now I don't want to get petty or demeaning about this, but I think we are all seeing some things that we don't particularly like on the court.

First off, I think TU athletics should be an effort driven program in all sports. We are not a school with a large enrollment, but we have some very expensive scholly's to hand out. So IMO the effort has always got to be a top priority.

If I could start at the top of the effort level and work down, some of the players that are getting valuable minutes aren't giving the effort that we need and would be on the bottom of that chart. That starts with the upperclassmen. Now TP is, imo, giving good effort, but is somewhat limited in talent. So imo he needs to be given a bit of a pass on his stat performance.

We also have PS. Well, IMO his minutes are part of the problem. He plays at a much slower rate than some of the others and may not know how to play faster, or may not be able to or even want to. So IMO his minutes need to be cut and I don't care how good a 3 ball shooter he is. Then we have the Junior newcomer from JC, MC, who is evidently injured at this time. Well, I think he also falls into that effort category, but not as much as PS. Both of them were JUCO players. A JUCO is supposed to be able to come in immediately and start, perform and win games. PS has at times been that guy with his 3 ball, but has, at times been a major liability with his effort and lack of ball skills. So IMO, we need to tell both of them to either produce or sit a while and watch the others give the effort required. LE, another JUCO junior is either forced to play out of position or isn't particularly tough. I think its the former. But no matter what, he needs to stick his head in there and battle if he wants to play a post/fw.

So those are our upper classmen right now. They need to lead by example, given the kind of effort that the others look to and immulate. If not, we need to give more experience to the players who will be showing next years freshman class the effort it takes to win.

Yesterday was a winnable game. PS was 1-7 FGs with 3 bad turnovers, LE was 2-6 FGs and one measly rebound and as I said, MC did not participate.

That is revealing IMO
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 01:21 PM by rabidTU2.)
12-22-2013 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TulsaEye Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa anon
RE: TCU Observations - Upper Classmen And Effort
This team lacks leadership and talent. Unfortunately Manning was forced to recruit players with very little time for preparation. It is really showing big time. That one thing could set this program back several years. The players he was forced to take do not necessarily have the talent this program needs. Turnover in the AD position has left the sports program with major needs. It is a chaotic time for football and basketball.
12-22-2013 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.