Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
WVU @ ECU game
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
WVU @ ECU game
Well since noone reads the WVU forum 03-melodramatic

Our site still has it as TBD and when I went to WVUs same thing. Anyone know?
09-08-2006 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

The rumor mill has been saying noon.....but have not heard anything official

Jackson
09-08-2006 12:39 PM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Hopefully we should know something in the next week to week and a half. Its all up to ESPN at this point. I dont know if id like a noon game, the atmosphere would be 10 times better for a night game. Just looked at ESPN schedule for the 23rd and there are quite a few TBA games around the country. The biggest one is Penn State and Ohio State so that one might get the prime time spot. As for the other dont know. I dont think anyone knows. I need to know so I can make plans accordingly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?...groupId=80
09-08-2006 01:59 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

pirates4life Wrote:Hopefully we should know something in the next week to week and a half. Its all up to ESPN at this point. I dont know if id like a noon game, the atmosphere would be 10 times better for a night game. Just looked at ESPN schedule for the 23rd and there are quite a few TBA games around the country. The biggest one is Penn State and Ohio State so that one might get the prime time spot. As for the other dont know. I dont think anyone knows. I need to know so I can make plans accordingly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?...groupId=80

WORD!

IN anticipating a night game ... I work open -4p... man i hope I can go
09-08-2006 04:02 PM
SCMountaineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I answered on the WVU board but, as you said......

TV has up until 12 days prior to the game to make a decision. Count back 12 and circle the calendar. Of course, it could come earlier.
09-08-2006 04:54 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

What happened against Navy. I thought for sure you guys would have won that one. They were one of your more winnable games on the schedule right? I hope you guys have a heck of a season from here on out.
09-08-2006 05:08 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

09-11-2006 03:36 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Pirates stomped Memphis 35-20 tonight.

I watched your execution of that team this week on Thu night OMG you guys were unstoppable.

This game could go either way.... baing it off the game last year and how the pirates looked at home.

I am worried you will run on us but I will tell you our passing game is awesome. And if we can run like we did tonight against Memphis maybe we can also do something on that front against you.

How many WVU fans are coming down to Greenville?
09-16-2006 10:47 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

4:30 ESPN2
09-16-2006 10:55 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

WVU82 Wrote:4:30 ESPN2

that doesn't answer how many WVU fans are coming to Greenville.

Someone on our post game call in show said around 7K fact or fiction?
09-16-2006 11:02 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:Someone on our post game call in show said around 7K fact or fiction?

Fact, maybe more...huge contingent of Mountaineers in that area...arrrgghhh
09-16-2006 11:40 PM
Advertisement

Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
lost your mind
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:Pirates stomped Memphis 35-20 tonight.

I watched your execution of that team this week on Thu night OMG you guys were unstoppable.

This game could go either way.... baing it off the game last year and how the pirates looked at home.

I am worried you will run on us but I will tell you our passing game is awesome. And if we can run like we did tonight against Memphis maybe we can also do something on that front against you.

Have you lost your mind? Do you really think East Carolina has a snowball's chance in Greenville of beating West Virginia? You fans shouldn't get cocky just because you beat a Memphis team that no longer has DeAngelo Williams there anymore. Last year's game was before White and Slaton were playing regularly and, most importantly, West Virginia still got by you. Now since White and Slaton started starting, West Virginia has had one of the most explosive offenses in the whole nation. There is no way a bunch which lost to Navy and UAB is going to be able to shut down such a powerful West Virginia offense.
09-17-2006 03:17 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Re: lost your mind
Lolly Popp Wrote:

Have you lost your mind? Do you really think East Carolina has a snowball's chance in Greenville of beating West Virginia? You fans shouldn't get cocky just because you beat a Memphis team that no longer has DeAngelo Williams there anymore. Last year's game was before White and Slaton were playing regularly and, most importantly, West Virginia still got by you. Now since White and Slaton started starting, West Virginia has had one of the most explosive offenses in the whole nation. There is no way a bunch which lost to Navy and UAB is going to be able to shut down such a powerful West Virginia offense.

I dont think you are going to find too many ECU fans who think we are going to beat WVU. Number one we have only done it twice in the entire series so it is always hard for us to beat WVU. Number two WVU will come into Ficklen a legitimate Top 5 team which is the highest ranked team to ever enter Ficklen and we have had Miami,FSU,VT etc come.
ECU fans will be excited and the place will be sold out. I am sure WVU will bring 7k+. I still remember the year WVU brought close to 10k fans when Major Harris was QB and they went on to play for the National Championship.
Skip Holtz is building something good at ECU but we are nowhere near what WVU is right now. With that said we have not laid down for anybody this year and have beat ourselves the two games we lost so I look for ECU to fight to the end and give WVU a good game, certainly a better game then Maryland gave them.
09-17-2006 06:04 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

WVU82 Wrote:
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:Someone on our post game call in show said around 7K fact or fiction?

Fact, maybe more...huge contingent of Mountaineers in that area...arrrgghhh

West Virginia has sold out their allotment. I don't know what that number is but is probably 4000.
09-17-2006 08:55 AM
RaliLlama Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia

Last year ECU gave the Mountaineers their toughest game except for Va. Tech and Georgia.

Congrats to ECU's victory over Memphis, but this year I believe that WVU will hang 400 + rushing yards and 50 + points on the Pirates. It's only been two years since Kay Jay Harris ran for 330 + at ECU. Navy was 70/403 two weeks ago. I don't see ECU stopping the Mountaineers, however the WVU secondary appears vulnerable. If any one beats them they will have to out score them. I don't think any team can stop their offense.

Go Mountaineers.
09-17-2006 10:00 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

There are a handful of teams right now that I would send into the opposing team's building, a lesser opponent, let that lesser opponent give them their best shot, and feel confident that that teams will eventually hammer that lesser opponent. Ohio State is one team. USC is another. West Virginia is another. West Virginia is going to decimate East Carolina. ECU is improved, but West Virginia is not only fast and physically tough, they're also mentally tough.
09-17-2006 10:11 AM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

RaliLlama Wrote:Last year ECU gave the Mountaineers their toughest game except for Va. Tech and Georgia.

Congrats to ECU's victory over Memphis, but this year I believe that WVU will hang 400 + rushing yards and 50 + points on the Pirates. It's only been two years since Kay Jay Harris ran for 330 + at ECU. Navy was 70/403 two weeks ago. I don't see ECU stopping the Mountaineers, however the WVU secondary appears vulnerable. If any one beats them they will have to out score them. I don't think any team can stop their offense.

Go Mountaineers.

That was a COMPLETELY different West Virginia team then the one that is playing now. Even a completely different team from the ECU game to the Louisville game. Superior personnel, mental and physical toughness and team speed. The coaching has improved dramatically as well.
09-17-2006 10:12 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

CatsClaw Wrote:
RaliLlama Wrote:Last year ECU gave the Mountaineers their toughest game except for Va. Tech and Georgia.

Go Mountaineers.

That was a COMPLETELY different West Virginia team then the one that is playing now. Even a completely different team from the ECU game to the Louisville game. Superior personnel, mental and physical toughness and team speed. The coaching has improved dramatically as well.

Well FTR ECU '05 and WVU '05 are different from their '06 versions. We played WVU real tough last year and the game was what... 5 point loss @ WVU (?). Now this year it is a home game for the Pirates... wich schould make it as close. It ought to be a good game. While I think WVU will probabbly win it.... ECU still has a shot to win or make it real close.

OMG I can't wait. DF better be SOLD OUT!!!
09-17-2006 10:34 AM
RaliLlama Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Go Mountaineers.

Well FTR ECU '05 and WVU '05 are different from their '06 versions. We played WVU real tough last year and the game was what... 5 point loss @ WVU (?). Now this year it is a home game for the Pirates... wich schould make it as close. It ought to be a good game. While I think WVU will probabbly win it.... ECU still has a shot to win or make it real close.

I know you love your team, but have you seen WVU play since we met on the field last year? I don't think any amount of improvement on your part will be that much of a factor. We weren't using Slaton or White much at that point last year. Honestly, I was hoping that ECU was 3-0 at this point. I root for all of our opponents every season. If we beat them it makes us look better if they have winning records. The Marshall and Maryland boardaholics were saying the same thing as you about your team. There have been times in the past when I deluded myself into thinking that this was the year we would beat (insert name of Pitt-Penn State-Syracuse or Miami or all of the above depending on the season), only to have my dreams crushed 45-14 or by some other similar type score. Last year I would never thought of thumping my chest, but this year the Mountaineers are one of the "baddest" kids on the block and there is nothing that ECU can do about it this season. Maybe next year. Anyway, good luck. I could always be wrong, but I don't think so.
09-17-2006 01:43 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Go Mountaineers.

WV will beat ECU by at least 3 touchdowns. Cut and paste this post. You beat WV by 5 at Mountaineer Field. WV beat SU by 7 at the Carrier Dome. Look how our season ended last year. It means absolutely nothing that you lost a close game.
09-17-2006 02:09 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.