19. Tennessee 2-1 376 17
20. California 2-1 366 21
21. Boston College 3-0 348 25
22. Alabama 3-0 314 24
23. Clemson 2-1 283 NR
24. Nebraska 2-1 167 19
25. Boise State 3-0 139 NR

Dropped out

No. 15 Miami (Fla.) (1-2, lost to then-No. 12 Louisville 31-7), No. 22 Texas Tech (2-1, lost to then-No. 20 TCU 12-3).

Others receiving votes

Penn State 138; Miami (Fla.) 81; UCLA 60; Rutgers 43; Texas Tech 38; Michigan State 37; Georgia Tech 14; Texas A&M 9; Wisconsin 9; Missouri 7; Purdue 5; Maryland 3; Washington 3; Arkansas 2; Southern Mississippi 1; Texas-El Paso 1

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/f...atpoll.htm
09-17-2006 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

Beat you Maize. 02-13-banana
09-17-2006 12:21 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX

Bad news, TCU raked 15th. There one VT lose from being in BCS
09-17-2006 12:23 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

templefootballfan Wrote:Bad news, TCU raked 15th. There one VT lose from being in BCS

Why, good for TCU-(they are our former brothers from C-USA). What the MWC does right now has no effect on the Big East or any other BCS League.
09-17-2006 12:25 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

templefootballfan Wrote:Bad news, TCU raked 15th. There one VT lose from being in BCS
We'll try to take care of that next week 04-rock
09-17-2006 12:29 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Maize Wrote:

Why, good for TCU-(they are our former brothers from C-USA). What the MWC does right now has no effect on the Big East or any other BCS League.

Technically, it could. If one believes the Big East has a shot at getting two teams into BCS Bowls this year.

Since I don't think this is going to happen this year, good for TCU.

But recognizing that there is the possibility of the BE getting two teams to BCS Bowls - I can understand the opposite point of view. Because if TCU makes it to a BCS Bowl, that means there will only be 3 at-large slots instead of 4, decreasing the chances BE #2 will be selected for one of those slots.

And wouldn't it be great if the BE got two BCS Bowl teams in the same year before the ACC? 05-stirthepot ;-) 02-13-banana lmfao

Cheers,
Neil
09-17-2006 12:36 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX

ND takes another spot. Flip side love to see TCU in BCS. I was talking BE chances are less with 2 spots open
09-17-2006 12:56 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

templefootballfan Wrote:ND takes another spot. Flip side love to see TCU in BCS. I was talking BE chances are less with 2 spots open

I would not be surprised if Notre Dame doesn't lose 2 to 3 more times. Michigan State has their number and they are not going to beat USC.
09-17-2006 12:57 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

omnicarrier Wrote:But recognizing that there is the possibility of the BE getting two teams to BCS Bowls - I can understand the opposite point of view. Because if TCU makes it to a BCS Bowl, that means there will only be 3 at-large slots instead of 4, decreasing the chances BE #2 will be selected for one of those slots.

And wouldn't it be great if the BE got two BCS Bowl teams in the same year before the ACC? 05-stirthepot ;-) 02-13-banana lmfao
I certainly think there's a good chance of it happening. Key will be in the WVU-UL game. If it becomes an "instant classic" or something along those lines, there'll be enough national interest in both teams. Ranking wise, I suppose a WVU win will provide a more likely scenario for getting both teams in, as WVU has the weaker overall schedule, and UL may be able to survive a loss.

Let's look at the conferences:

SEC will probably send two (champ of each side)
Big Ten could send two (OSU/Mich)
Pac Ten could send two (USC/Oregon) but most likely one
Big 12 probably one (Texas/OU/NU)
ACC only one 03-nerner
TCU may get there

That leaves 1-2 for the BE.

Need to root for Texas to run the Big 12 table IMO, and knock OU and NU out of contention.

Pac Ten will sort itself out, as USC has all its toughest opponents at home.

I don't see ND getting there unless they somehow run the table from here on out. Although an easy schedule overall, two of their road games are at their toughest two remaining (MSU, USC). 9-2 probably. 8-3 no.

TCU plays at Utah this year, so keep that in mind.

I have to believe either UL and WVU would get the nod over Oregon for an at-large bid, unless Oregon beats USC.
09-17-2006 01:18 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

It's WAY to early to predict how many BCS teams a conference could send. Upsets happen, injuries happen, and bad days happen.
09-17-2006 04:03 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Analysis Of Coaches Poll
Some analysis. I am pleasantly surprised that the coaches did not try to sneak Florida or Michigan into the #4 spot and screw West Virginia. I also had a suspicion that they would try to stick Virginia Tech above Louisville but that, thankfully, did not happen either.

Their old ACC habits still have not died though. BC should be ranked above Clemson who should be ranked above Florida State. I suppose they are voting on "talent" or how they think things will fall by the end of the season but that is not the case at this moment.

Another surprise is their advancing TCU up five spots to #15. Boise State getting in at #25 so early, after a lackluster win, is interesting too. Texas Tech is still receiving the 30th most votes even after a snoozer of a loss? No love for Michigan State after a big win?

Tracking how they treated losing teams ... LSU fell four spots (7 to 11), Notre Dame fell ten spots (3 to 13), Oklahoma fell five spots (11 to 16), Florida State fell seven spots (10 to 17), Tennessee fell a mere two spots (17 to 19), and Nebraska fell five spots (19 to 24).

Continuing with a look at the losses ... Miami fell more than ten spots (15 to NR) and Texas Tech fell more than three spots (22 to NR). How the heck did Maryland get three votes while undefeated league-mate Wake Forest is getting no love whatsoever? So dumb.
09-17-2006 04:20 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Maize Wrote:
templefootballfan Wrote:ND takes another spot. Flip side love to see TCU in BCS. I was talking BE chances are less with 2 spots open

I would not be surprised if Notre Dame doesn't lose 2 to 3 more times. Michigan State has their number and they are not going to beat USC.
I fully expect Michigan State to win. The game is in East Lansing, and ND will still be staggered from the whipping Michigan inflicted on them. Ouch!!!
09-17-2006 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
blueidaho Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Quote:Another surprise is their advancing TCU up five spots to #15. Boise State getting in at #25 so early, after a lackluster win, is interesting too.
Try playing in a Wyoming windstorm against a defense that hadn't given up an offensive TD in their first two games. The ball wouldn't even stay put without blowing away. I'm not talking about it falling off the kicking tee, I'm saying the refs couldn't even spot the ball without it rolling away. So don't read too much into that one. TCU couldn't score a TD on their home field, so what is up with that? I think Boise would wipe their asses with TCU.
09-18-2006 03:39 AM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI

FYI - here's the eligibility and selection rules for the BCS.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

I agree with other posters in that its really early.
09-18-2006 06:02 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Miami fell more spots than anyone. The pollsters had to get them out of the top 25 so the Big East could not boast of any wins against top 25 competition. Therefore taking a little shine off of the WVU/UofL game. Some commentator will be talking about the two teams having no quality wins between them.
09-18-2006 10:39 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

cardtopper Wrote:Miami fell more spots than anyone. The pollsters had to get them out of the top 25 so the Big East could not boast of any wins against top 25 competition. Therefore taking a little shine off of the WVU/UofL game. Some commentator will be talking about the two teams having no quality wins between them.

If Miami isn't 5-2 after their next 4 games, they are much worse than people think they are right now. Home games against Houston, UNC, Florida Int, & a road game @ Duke would be a 4 game winning streak for any team that deserves to be ranked. Win those 4 and they'll be Top 20 (27th currently) again when they head to Georgia Tech in late October.
09-18-2006 10:54 AM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Voters Had No Choice
The voters had no choice but to drop Miami out of the Top 25. What would your reaction be if they were still in the Top 25 with a 1-2 record, Cardtopper, while so many undefeated and one-loss teams were barely getting recognized? People would then complain that Miami gets to stay in the Top 25 because of their reputation while more deserving teams get shafted.

Just as CollegeCard said, if Miami does what they are supposed to do, they will win their next four games to improve to 5-2 and probably return to the Top 25. If that does not do the trick then a win against Georgia Tech would most likely seal the deal just in time to defuse any arguments about who Louisville and/or West Virginia played. November 2 is a long way off.
09-18-2006 11:25 AM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

I agree completely. But I've seen 1-2 teams in the top 25 before early in the season. I really believe Miami is better than they've shown and will return to the top twenty-five just like I believe Kentucky is better than people said they were after the Louisville game and will probably make a bowl. I just know how the national media d**kheads are....and what's up with Corso? He was once the coach here...was it a bad experience cause he seems to hate Louisville.
09-18-2006 12:10 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

I think Corso just hates the Big East. But Herbstreit is on the Rutgers bandwagon that seems to swell larger by the day around here.
09-18-2006 12:16 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

brista21 Wrote:I think Corso just hates the Big East. But Herbstreit is on the Rutgers bandwagon that seems to swell larger by the day around here.

Corso is an idiot. He has his favorites. He has ripped off Dick Vitale's stickk. The only difference is that Vitale has tons of college hoops knowledge. Corso is just playing for ratings.

The only worse TV "homer" is Lou Holtz...... His lips should be brown from kissing ND's rear end......
09-18-2006 02:43 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.