Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Speculation on the Miami boards that Coker is...
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Speculation on the Miami boards that Coker is...
going to step down and that Rutgers Greg Schino will be offered the job.

Anyone think he'd turn them down?
09-19-2006 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12

I think Butch Davis might be the choice here, should Coker leave volumtarily, or otherwise.
09-19-2006 08:41 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I have not seen the quotes myself...but I have seen RU fans saying that Schiano made quotes about wanting to be the Paterno of Rutgers etc...I think he is from Jersey so that helps....I hope this isn't one of those situations that hangs over a program all yr...Best think he can do for RU(if he really wants to stay) is say that he has no interest in the job and his happy where he is. This could really turn into a distraction if not. Has anyone ever seen a more lame duck Head Coach then Cooker is right now?

Jackson
09-19-2006 08:50 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Jackson1011 Wrote:I have not seen the quotes myself...but I have seen RU fans saying that Schiano made quotes about wanting to be the Paterno of Rutgers etc...I think he is from Jersey so that helps....I hope this isn't one of those situations that hangs over a program all yr...Best think he can do for RU(if he really wants to stay) is say that he has no interest in the job and his happy where he is. This could really turn into a distraction if not. Has anyone ever seen a more lame duck Head Coach then Cooker is right now?

Jackson

My guess the next HC at Miami will be a old Miami coach in Paul (Butch) Davis. Ole Frank Boyles will be pissed because he did not make that move last year to get him.
09-19-2006 09:07 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Re: Speculation on the Miami boards that Coker is...
L-yes Wrote:going to step down and that Rutgers Greg Schino will be offered the job.

Anyone think he'd turn them down?

It will certainly be an interesting see to what happens right after the regular season is over (many coaches are fired right after the regular season...and many new coaches, even if their team is playing in a bowl game, accept a new position ASAP so they can get a jump on recruiting).

I think Miami will have the CA$H and will make VERY strong offers to any that are interested.

Will be interesting to see who finally takes the bait (CA$H).

KL
09-19-2006 09:07 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Still think it will be Butch Davis.
09-19-2006 09:08 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

I kinda doubt Greg is going back down south. Greg is from NJ, born and raised here. His family is here. (His family are actually good family friends of my family.) His kids are young and in school and I doubt he wants to move them from our good school systems or at this age. He is gaining legendary status here. The upside to our job is much greater than that of Miami's with the kind of media attention one can attract being in the middle of the New York-Philadelphia metroplex. Plus money isn't everything, I think his preference is to be at home just like he's trying to convince NJ's top talent to do the same. Be the Joe Paterno of the closest 1-A school to New York City or be just another coach who will constantly have a target on the back of his head at Miami. I think that choice is pretty easy.

All that said stranger things have happened! But I know me 1.2 million to work in the Northeast Corridor or 1.9ish to work in Florida, sign me up to be where I like it best, where I grew up, and where my family and friends are.
09-19-2006 09:33 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.