Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
The Rolling Stones just got done playing at Churchill Downs
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
The Rolling Stones just got done playing at Churchill Downs
From what I've heard/read it was a hell of a show, the stage and churchill together make a really cool setting.
09-29-2006 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Unbelievable show, best concert I've ever been to!
09-29-2006 11:40 PM
stevej5
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

CollegeCard Wrote:Unbelievable show, best concert I've ever been to!

i saw the stones in 81 and in 89. 81 show was labored, 89 was awesome. since i thought those guys were old in 81 and ancient in 89, can't imagine what they look like now ...
09-30-2006 06:07 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

stevej5 Wrote:

i saw the stones in 81 and in 89. 81 show was labored, 89 was awesome. since i thought those guys were old in 81 and ancient in 89, can't imagine what they look like now ...

The nice thing about being Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is they haven't gotten any uglier as they've aged. They were already maxed out.
09-30-2006 10:42 AM
Advertisement

stevej5
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ultraviolet Wrote:
stevej5 Wrote:

The nice thing about being Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is they haven't gotten any uglier as they've aged. They were already maxed out.

lmfao
09-30-2006 11:51 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Those old guys make you feel aright about growing a little long in the tooth. 60 somethings running around the stage rocking it out 04-rock . I could hear the whole concert from my front porch like I was standing in front of the stage.....what a sound system. I should have recorded it and sold copies of Rolling stones live.
09-30-2006 12:43 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Keith Richards looked the worst. He smoked for much of the show, which I'm sure isn't helping! Largely unknown trivia here, but Richards is playing Captain Jack Sparrow's father in the 3rd edition of Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't think he'll have to act much, as he had pirate-like braids in his hair and a scruffy voice (Sang one song to give Mick a break).

Jagger looks 2nd worse, but looks to actually be in shape. I won't say he doesn't use any "substances" anymore, but I really don't think he uses near as much as they used to and that helps. Plus his personal trainer that travels with the Stones was on the radio the other day and said he takes Mick on an 8 mile run three days a week. I doubt he could have done that in the 80's, despite the younger age!

Ron Wood isn't looking so hot himself, but Charlie Watts actually looks the best even though he's the oldest.

Getting down to what matters though, they still can put on a great show, despite the Senior Citizen discounts they can now get!

-------------------------------

The stage was unbelievable. 90 feet tall, 300 tons, 50 foot video screen that puts any football jumbotron I've ever seen in person to shame!

The tongue is actually a giant inflatable that came out of the screen area during one of the songs.
[Image: rollingstones.jpg]
10-01-2006 01:11 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.