Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
U. Miami Player Shot & Killed
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
U. Miami Player Shot & Killed
The season of turmoil gets worse with a horrible shooting tonight. Starting SR D tackle Bryan Pata of the Canes was shot and killed tonight.

Story is starting to slowly come out.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_311202255.html
11-07-2006 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

03-no
11-07-2006 09:04 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

That's horrible.

Prayers for him and his family.
11-07-2006 09:05 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Terrible news.

Prayers go out to his family.
11-07-2006 09:12 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

The sick thing is that there are some idiots on message boards (a few claim to be West Virginia fans, I wouldn't claim them if I was WVU) who was blaming the university, Coker and others for the kid being killed. They even blame the player saying that it was Pata's fault no matter what. He either caused the shooting because he is from Miami and he is a "thug", or he shouldn't have put himself in position to be involved in a random shooting (how the hell do you avoid a random shooting!?) Now this kid may have been at fault, we'll see. But the REASONS he should be blamed are stupid. People are taking this "Miami is a thug university" thing WAY to far. As far as I'm concerned, those people pieces of sh*t, and trash and if I saw them in the street I would spit in their face and then tell them why I did it.
11-08-2006 06:45 PM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

If this happened at any other college, the college would not be blamed, but Miami has problems drawn to it. Even if the shooting has nothing to do with 'da U,' it still will be semi-blamed because of what has happened this year.
11-08-2006 09:47 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
One Of The Good Guys
The really tragic thing is, according to all of the interviews with administrators and fellow students, Bryan Pata was one of the good guys. My condolences go out to all of his family and friends. There is way too much senseless violence in the world.
11-08-2006 11:50 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.