I Root For:

Congrats Cuban!
11-25-2006 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: Bulls 24 West Virginia 19
Cubanbull Wrote:How bout them Bulls!!!!!!!!!

Yup cost each BE team about $300,000
11-25-2006 03:26 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

What the Bulls will be getting in terms of recognition is way more than money can buy.
Today USF has opened alot of recruits and fans eyes in our state and across the Nation.
11-25-2006 03:29 PM
stevej5
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Cubanbull Wrote:What the Bulls will be getting in terms of recognition is way more than money can buy.
Today USF has opened alot of recruits and fans eyes in our state and across the Nation.

Yes, a fantastic win on the road by our Bulls!

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
11-25-2006 03:29 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: Bulls 24 West Virginia 19
TexanMark Wrote:
Cubanbull Wrote:How bout them Bulls!!!!!!!!!

Yup cost each BE team about $300,000

They made up for it by improving their recruiting.
11-25-2006 03:33 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Congrats to USF! Its amazing how different teams are from week to week. I didn't think there was much chance of an upset after seeing the Bulls in person last week but they really came to play today.
11-25-2006 03:36 PM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

Just think how pissed the rest of the WAC would feel if Nevada beats Boise State. Some teams just match up better with others not matter their record. Beating West Virginia should definitely help USF with recruiting, but it might hurt the Big East schools that rely heavily on Florida talent, since USF might get some of those blue chippers that might have gone to other Big East programs.
11-25-2006 03:39 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Brick City Pirate Wrote:Just think how pissed the rest of the WAC would feel if Nevada beats Boise State. Some teams just match up better with others not matter their record. Beating West Virginia should definitely help USF with recruiting, but it might hurt the Big East schools that rely heavily on Florida talent, since USF might get some of those blue chippers that might have gone to other Big East programs.

Hey, a lot of Big East schools recruit Ohio (Rutgers, West Virginia, Pitt, etc.). If UC and USF can pick up enough talent to be Top 25 programs all the better for the Big East! We know that Louisville and West Virginia will remain Top 20 programs. And Rutgers recruits in their own backyard so our success doesn't hurt them on the recruiting trail.
11-25-2006 03:41 PM
All American

I Root For:

CatsClaw, I think the Big East will be just fine with a strong Cincy & USF. To me it's much more fun to play in a conference that has balance. I remember when FlaSt. joined the ACC. It had to suck for the football fans of all the other ACC schools to know that the best their team could do was second place every year. Is everyone going to be pissed at Pitt if they upset Louisville? If Rutgers beat West Virginia & Louisville wins out, doesn't Louisville have a chance for an atlarge BCS bid? Will everyone be pissed at West Virginia if they beat Rutgers? The SEC complains that it's not fair to their schools since they have such a hard conference schedule. Well, it appears to me that the Big East can say the same.

P.S.I know Rutgers has a lot of good recruits in New Jersey, but I heard today that they have 25 Florida players on their roster.
11-25-2006 03:59 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

USF, major congratulations on becoming the 2nd best football program in Florida. Hopefully you'll be able to stay above Miami and FSU in the future.

Why isn't Leavitt part of the Miami rumors? Already doing a great job in the state of Florida and now has marquee wins in back to back bowl seasons.
11-25-2006 04:03 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Brick City Pirate Wrote:CatsClaw, I think the Big East will be just fine with a strong Cincy & USF. To me it's much more fun to play in a conference that has balance. I remember when FlaSt. joined the ACC. It had to suck for the football fans of all the other ACC schools to know that the best their team could do was second place every year. Is everyone going to be pissed at Pitt if they upset Louisville? If Rutgers beat West Virginia & Louisville wins out, doesn't Louisville have a chance for an atlarge BCS bid? Will everyone be pissed at West Virginia if they beat Rutgers? The SEC complains that it's not fair to their schools since they have such a hard conference schedule. Well, it appears to me that the Big East can say the same.

P.S.I know Rutgers has a lot of good recruits in New Jersey, but I heard today that they have 25 Florida players on their roster.

I agree 100%. The Rutgers thing, wow, I didn't realize that. They were one of the schools pushing for South Florida to get into the Big East the time (the others being Pitt, West Virginia, Louisville and Cincinnati), so Florida is definitely playing a big part in the development of the Big East!
11-25-2006 04:05 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

RealDeal Wrote:USF, major congratulations on becoming the 2nd best football program in Florida. Hopefully you'll be able to stay above Miami and FSU in the future.

Why isn't Leavitt part of the Miami rumors? Already doing a great job in the state of Florida and now has marquee wins in back to back bowl seasons.

Definitely don't want him to go to Miami, but that is puzzling. Didn't he get a pretty good pay package from USF? I'm not sure, I might be confusing him with somebody else.
11-25-2006 04:07 PM
All American

I Root For:

CatsClaw, I remember the two years ECU had John Thompson as our head coach. He recruited Florida very hard so I kept up with the recruits we were after. I soon noticed that Rutgers, of all schools, was getting a ton of Florida players. I posted a few times back then that I thought Rutgers would improve. I remember wondering how in the world Rutgers got all those Florida players to go to New Jersey? That's when I discovered that the Rutgers coach used to coach in Florida. I think it's a great blend for the Scarlet Knights.
11-25-2006 04:13 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Just got back from the game.

First off, congrats to South Florida. You guys came to play and deserved to win, absolutely. Grothe played a tough game, and he's going to be a beast. USF will be a major player for the BE championship in the next 3 years.

Slaton and White were unable to get on track all day. White looked confused and tentative, and Slaton wasn't able to even sniff daylight. We had some opportunities early and failed to take advantage - the fake field goal for zippy, and two short field goals that should have been touchdowns. How often do you see it - - a team that doesn't take advantages of opportunies early ends up getting beat. Today was a perfect example.

The USF defense played tough and kept us off balance, and our defense - suspect most of the year - couldn't come up with the big stops when we needed them.

Kudos to USF and best of luck in your bowl game. Hopefully now our guys will stop spending time reading their press clippings and will be ready next week to actually play their opponent.

Let's see if Pitt can pull through for us and maybe at the end we'll have a 3-way tie scenario. That's the best WVU can hope for at this point.

As for the Big East, it's great to have nice depth in the conference. I hope USF goes out and wins their bowl game. They are a dangerous team when they are playing well, and they certainly played well today.

Actually, I'm inclined to blame the weather. ;-) Where was the cold weather we usually have at Thanksgiving?!?!?!?!?!

Ah well.
11-25-2006 04:15 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

That's interesting. Doesn't ECU recruit Florida hard as well? UCF probably helps, but ECU would probably get the pick of the litter if they were in the Big East.
11-25-2006 04:15 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

West Virginia isn't even gonna see a New Years day Bowl game now. Wow. Looks like Texas for WV.
11-25-2006 04:31 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:West Virginia isn't even gonna see a New Years day Bowl game now. Wow. Looks like Texas for WV.

If West Virginia beats Rutgers next week they're likely going to the Gator Bowl vs Virginia Tech on New Year's. If not, it's the Sun Bowl on New Year's Eve. Still a lot for West Virginia to play for. One of those bowls and a piece of the Big East championship is on the line at Mountaineer Field next week.
11-25-2006 04:44 PM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Holy crap - serious congrats to USF for that one! 04-bow
11-25-2006 06:27 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

WOW!!!

And where are the UCF trolls????? 02-13-banana
11-25-2006 06:28 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.