Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

FREE SEASON TICKETS Challenge for Out of Town Alumni
Bookmark and Share
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
FREE SEASON TICKETS Challenge for Out of Town Alumni
I was a season ticket holder for football and basketball since I graduated in '93.

Moved 3 yrs ago and of all the things I miss about Memphis the most it's attending home football games.

I thought I would miss basketball more but since the Bball team is always on TV I still feel connected.

Plus there was just something really cool about going to our football games. Yes the actual games could be very frustrating but it was way more than a game.

Miss my tailgate and the fun time with friends and family.

Being a part of the Tommy West bowl run was such a great time. I feel blessed to have been such an active fan at the time. I never missed one bowl game and I vow to never miss any future bowl games.

All this said here's my challenge to out of town fans that have the means to do so....

I think we should all buy a pair of Season Tickets and ask the local board posters to identify people to give them to.

If there are folks that would love to go but can't afford tickets I would love to see them get a pair of season tickets.

So I am asking any local Memphis poster on the board to send me a PM if they or anyone they know would be interested in a pair of season tickets.

For our out of town alums I believe it's important that we still buy football tickets to support the program. It's only $110 which is basically one dinner out with the family.

So if you will sponsor a pair of tickets please reply to this post offering anyone to send you a PM so you can connect with a local poster to coordinate.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 11:25 PM by Nobody4Prez.)
08-20-2014 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

yakko Offline
More than meets the eye!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGDonators
RE: Challenge for Out of Town Alumni
I did that for the first 5 or so years after I moved, but it became a hassle to deal with and coordinate so I dropped them. :(
08-20-2014 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2014 09:00 AM)yakko Wrote:  I did that for the first 5 or so years after I moved, but it became a hassle to deal with and coordinate so I dropped them. :(

P4P is steeping up to make it easier. 04-cheers
08-20-2014 10:05 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2014 09:00 AM)yakko Wrote:  I did that for the first 5 or so years after I moved, but it became a hassle to deal with and coordinate so I dropped them. :(

I've done that for years. I try to attend 2-3 home games & 1-2 away games (like UCLA & Tulane this year). The exciting thing going forward is the ability to transfer tickets online. My brother, who is still in the Memphis area, has 2 season tickets too & usually uses my two tickets for friends when I can't make it but now, I can transfer online, no hassle. So sign up, no coordination issues anymore.
08-20-2014 10:06 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(08-20-2014 07:15 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  I was a season ticket holder for football and basketball since I graduated in '93.

Moved 3 yrs ago and of all the things I miss about Memphis the most it's attending home football games.

I thought I would miss basketball more but since the Bball team is always on TV I still feel connected.

Plus there was just something really cool about going to our football games. Yes the actual games could be very frustrating but it was way more than a game.

Being a part of the Tommy West bowl run was such a great time. I feel blessed to have been such an active fan at the time. I never missed one bowl game and I vow to never miss any future bowl games.

All this said here's my challenge to out of town fans that have the means to do so....

I think we should all buy a pair of Season Tickets and ask the local board posters to identify people to give them to.

If there are folks that would love to go but can't afford tickets I would love to see them get a pair of season tickets.

So I am asking any local Memphis poster on the board to send me a PM if they or anyone they know would be interested in a pair of season tickets.

For our out of town alums I believe it's important that we still buy football tickets to support the program. It's only $110 which is basically one dinner out with the family.

So if you will sponsor a pair of tickets please reply to this post offering anyone to send you a PM so you can connect with a local poster to coordinate.

I have kept my tickets since moving in 2003 and they get used

Must be nice being "away" in Rosemary Beach. One of our favorite places.
08-20-2014 12:29 PM
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

(08-20-2014 12:29 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 07:15 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  I was a season ticket holder for football and basketball since I graduated in '93.

I have kept my tickets since moving in 2003 and they get used

Must be nice being "away" in Rosemary Beach. One of our favorite places.

As I tell my friends...It Doesn't Suck living here.

Key is creating your own job because that's the only way to success.
08-21-2014 11:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I think it's a great idea.....

unfortunately, I am ruled out, because I'm not an alum

out of towner, yes
08-21-2014 11:29 PM
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

The response to this challenge was sad. No wonder we are a 3rd rate football program.

Free freakin season tickets.....crazy.
08-22-2014 12:25 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(08-20-2014 10:06 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  

I've done that for years. I try to attend 2-3 home games & 1-2 away games (like UCLA & Tulane this year). The exciting thing going forward is the ability to transfer tickets online. My brother, who is still in the Memphis area, has 2 season tickets too & usually uses my two tickets for friends when I can't make it but now, I can transfer online, no hassle. So sign up, no coordination issues anymore.

I am glad they have this know. It was a hassle last year when I was mailing tickets that I was not able to use. One pair never made it to the guy and his kid.
08-22-2014 08:28 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Don't you actually have to attend the university to be an alumni?
08-22-2014 11:05 AM
MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
(08-22-2014 11:05 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Don't you actually have to attend the university to be an alumni?

Alumni yes. Alumni member, no
08-22-2014 11:06 AM
Advertisement

homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
(08-22-2014 11:05 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Don't you actually have to attend the university to be an alumni?

Self Appointed Ambassador doe
08-22-2014 11:06 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards

I knew some folks who "attended" the UofM in the very loosest interpretation of the word.
08-22-2014 11:16 AM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(08-22-2014 12:25 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  The response to this challenge was sad. No wonder we are a 3rd rate football program.

Okay, out of town alumni here - 2 tickets purchased.

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

First one to respond claiming them, I'll send you a PM with the tickets. Obviously, if you can afford your own tickets, don't respond. Please let them go to someone that would otherwise not be able to attend.
08-22-2014 11:34 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(08-22-2014 11:34 AM)John44932 Wrote:  
(08-22-2014 12:25 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  The response to this challenge was sad. No wonder we are a 3rd rate football program.

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

First one to respond claiming them, I'll send you a PM with the tickets. Obviously, if you can afford your own tickets, don't respond. Please let them go to someone that would otherwise not be able to attend.

If no one responds, don't forget about the Youth Villages option. Tax deductible and goes to a very good cause.
08-22-2014 11:37 AM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(08-22-2014 11:37 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

If no one responds, don't forget about the Youth Villages option. Tax deductible and goes to a very good cause.

Our program has been lowered to 4th rate now. Can't even give away tickets. 03-banghead
08-24-2014 01:22 PM
Advertisement

MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
(08-24-2014 01:22 PM)John44932 Wrote:  

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

Our program has been lowered to 4th rate now. Can't even give away tickets. 03-banghead

so our program is 4th rate because a random generic-named message board user can't give away a couple season tickets on a message board which represents an extremely small percentage of the fan base, from a post buried in a thread who's title has no hints at all it has anything to do with football tickets; when people on the site know that tickets and other things for sale / for free have a specific sub-forum where they are supposed to be posted?

that's some interesting requirements for being a good program.
08-25-2014 07:32 AM
aardWolf Online
Heisman

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

I have a couple of sets of friends that have a hard enough time buying gas. I've already got my tickets, but one of the couples would certainly enjoy and use them. We all used to go to the games together when we were in school.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 08:43 AM by aardWolf.)
08-25-2014 08:42 AM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(08-25-2014 07:32 AM)MemTigerFan Wrote:  
(08-24-2014 01:22 PM)John44932 Wrote:  

Funzone L 127 9 1-2

so our program is 4th rate because a random generic-named message board user can't give away a couple season tickets on a message board which represents an extremely small percentage of the fan base, from a post buried in a thread who's title has no hints at all it has anything to do with football tickets; when people on the site know that tickets and other things for sale / for free have a specific sub-forum where they are supposed to be posted?

that's some interesting requirements for being a good program.

Jeez, I was joking.
08-25-2014 10:48 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(08-21-2014 11:29 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  I think it's a great idea.....

unfortunately, I am ruled out, because I'm not an alum

out of towner, yes

alum/fan, whatever it takes
08-25-2014 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.