ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bobby Wilder on Nick Cattles Show today ESPN
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
If this is true it will be the first time I have listened to the Christmas Cow Show in maybe 6 months.

Nick Cattles ‏@NickC941 · 56s
Today 4p-6pm: Bobby Wilder @ 437 Talks @ODUFootball
08-26-2014 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUR8R Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
Last three questions will be about MMA, Big Papi and the Patriots.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-26-2014 02:46 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

RE: Bobby Wilder on Nick Cattles Show today ESPN
(08-26-2014 02:46 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Last three questions will be about MMA, Big Papi and the Patriots.

04-cheers He is gonna ask Wilder if he would ever consider the New England job haha
08-26-2014 02:57 PM
GO_MONARKS Offline
1st String

He is also likely to ask about how ODU would handle a case like Aaron Hernandez...
08-26-2014 03:05 PM
Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

Reports are that he will be on at 4:30

08-26-2014 03:23 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(08-26-2014 02:46 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Last three questions will be about MMA, Big Papi and the Patriots.

03-lmfao You hit that nail on the head. I hope he ask Bobby a few questions about ODU football. Again, it is sad; we may get approximately a one hour interview to cover an entire Monarch Football Season. Naturally Squeezed in between the Miami Dolphins and the ever import” Cattle Calls Show: about the dentist who thought he could…. I doubt Nick Cow-paddy could find his way to Forman Field. If he did he would choice to leave because he was looking for the New England Patriot Stadium. Yep, the local Hampton Roads ALL SPORTS STATION ......well the “Nick’s World All NFL” in my basement to entertain me ...YES..."Nick Cattles" radio network.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 03:46 PM by ODU Oldtimer.)
08-26-2014 03:40 PM
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

You guys can complain about his show, but if you don't think this is 10000000x better than hearing Mercurio do "High, Low", talk about the 1957 St. Louis Hawks, or leer at his female staffers when doing shows from the road I don't know what to tell you.

For instance, Cattles gets an NFL guest on from every NFL city (beat writer, etc.) and asks questions, and you can tell he did some research.
08-26-2014 03:40 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(08-26-2014 03:40 PM)ODU Oldtimer Wrote:  

03-lmfao You hit that nail on the head. I hope he ask Bobby a few questions about ODU football. Again, it is sad; we may get approximately a one hour interview to cover an entire Monarch Football Season. Naturally Squeezed in between the Miami Dolphins and the ever import” Cattle Calls Show: about the dentist who thought he could…. I doubt Nick Cow-paddy could find his way to Forman Field. If he did he would choice to leave because he was looking for the New England Patriot Stadium. Yep, the local Hampton Roads ALL SPORTS STATION ......well the “Nick’s World All NFL” in my basement to entertain me ...YES..."Nick Cattles" radio network.

WOW........7 minuets. I thought we would get an hour, the hour must be for the entire season, excuse me! Well thanks Bobby, I have to to say good by "I" NICK CATTLES, well "I" have an NFL interview. What a surprise....
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 03:59 PM by ODU Oldtimer.)
08-26-2014 03:57 PM
Monarch Maniac 10 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
(08-26-2014 03:40 PM)djnva Wrote:  You guys can complain about his show, but if you don't think this is 10000000x better than hearing Mercurio do "High, Low", talk about the 1957 St. Louis Hawks, or leer at his female staffers when doing shows from the road I don't know what to tell you.

For instance, Cattles gets an NFL guest on from every NFL city (beat writer, etc.) and asks questions, and you can tell he did some research.

Don't waste your time. Many folks on here are so used to having their ODU fancy tickled by Mercurio there's no possible way they could accept Cattles. That's their right, I guess...but I can tell you he is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Like him or not, it isn't changing anytime soon.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 04:10 PM by Monarch Maniac 10.)
08-26-2014 04:09 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-26-2014 04:09 PM)Monarch Maniac 10 Wrote:  
(08-26-2014 03:40 PM)djnva Wrote:  You guys can complain about his show, but if you don't think this is 10000000x better than hearing Mercurio do "High, Low", talk about the 1957 St. Louis Hawks, or leer at his female staffers when doing shows from the road I don't know what to tell you.

Don't waste your time. Many folks on here are so used to having their ODU fancy tickled by Mercurio there's no possible way they could accept Cattles. That's their right, I guess...but I can tell you he is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Like him or not, it isn't changing anytime soon.

I'd rather listen to a three-hour loop of Emergency Alert System tests than the Baloney Mecurio Show.
08-26-2014 06:22 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

We went from one horrible extreme to the other.
08-26-2014 06:24 PM
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

(08-26-2014 03:57 PM)ODU Oldtimer Wrote:  WOW........7 minuets. I thought we would get an hour, the hour must be for the entire season, excuse me! Well thanks Bobby, I have to to say good by "I" NICK CATTLES, well "I" have an NFL interview. What a surprise....

You don't think that the length of the interview had more to do with Wilder's schedule?

He's essentially "in season" right now. He'll do his hour for his contractually obligated show, but not every time.
08-26-2014 07:27 PM
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

Not sure Cattles could spell ODU if u gave him all 3 letters. Because there is no U in New England Patsies.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 07:31 PM by ODU True Blue.)
08-26-2014 07:30 PM
TedHead Offline
1st String

Don't forget the weekly call in by George "Has Been" Allen and his Nascar predictions.
08-26-2014 08:41 PM
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

Cattles is terrible, and local shows shouldn't just be a rehash of everything ESPN talks about for 18 hours a day. For those of you defending him, go to Raleigh, Charlotte, Richmond and listen to their shows. They talk local sports. They talk ACC. And they don't run away from college sports like they are something only dirty southerners pay attention to. I could understand if the complaints were that he is talking too much ACC, but nobody cares about his take on Boston sports. He has been here long enough. Its time to get out there and be a part of the Hampton Roads sports scene, and that means a lot more local, state, ACC, and college sports talk, and a lot less Big Papi.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 10:36 PM by Monarchblue.)
08-26-2014 10:34 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

Monarchblue has it correct. We are blessed in Richmond with two very viable afternoon sports talk hosts on 910 and 950. Local sports are highlighted, and good interaction occurs with callers and hosts......just too bad they are NOT talking about ODU.

Mercurio was a bloated arseclown. Cattles wants to be a New England Colin Cowherd. Both suck balls. And Hampton Roads deserves so much better.
08-26-2014 10:41 PM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Wes McElroy, 910 here in Richmond, had Bobby Wilder on yesterday...for a lot more than 7 minutes.
04-rock
08-26-2014 11:14 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2014 11:14 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  Wes McElroy, 910 here in Richmond, had Bobby Wilder on yesterday...for a lot more than 7 minutes.
04-rock
04-cheers Couldnt find yesterdays interview with Wilder on 910 but found this from Aug, 21
http://www.sportsradio910.com/media/podc...-25195700/
08-27-2014 08:16 AM
Monarch Maniac 10 Offline
1st String

Because there's so much ODU news all the time that hasn't been rehashed over and over. LOL

To each their own. Personally, I don't get the opportunity to listen to the Nat'l shows during work hours, so it's nice to have it on the evening commute. Then mix in a little ODU here and there, which is the way it should be. We are not worthy of our own dedicated news cycle. If you want 24-7 ODU banter, that's what these boards are for.
08-27-2014 08:19 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

The rare occasion I'm in Richmond I listen to their local radio. They are all in on VCU (which doesn't appeal to me) but it shows a local connection. They interviewed bracketologists about all of the Virginia teams chances on getting into the tournament. That sadly would never happen here. Instead we would get 12 minutes on how the Arizona Cardinals are utilizing Patrick Peterson in 2014 and other questions that make the host feel like a national guy.

Here's another little thing that bothers me. Michael Sam and DJ Morrell were both up for cuts with the Rams this week. ESPN 94.1, a station that states this is where we should go for ODU coverage (their words NOT mine) reported about Sam but no mention of Morrell. That's a disconnect.

It's not that I think his prep is bad, he will probably be pretty good in about five years when he gains better perspective.
08-27-2014 08:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.