Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
How much is Louisville paying the officials?
RaliLlama Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia
How much is Louisville paying the officials?
No review on the UL fumble. Then they steal a touchdown from UConn. Did the BE borrow these morons from the Pac-10?
12-02-2006 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Re: How much is Louisville paying the officials?
RaliLlama Wrote:No review on the UL fumble. Then they steal a touchdown from UConn. Did the BE borrow these morons from the Pac-10?

Try and at least get your facts right. I don't have a problem with someone calling it a fumble, but the play was most certainly reviewed. They held the game up, so it wasn't just officials on the field making the call.
12-02-2006 12:30 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

Bias, bias, bias. These refs are jokes. Third freaking week in a row....though admittedly we did get a lot of help in the USF debacle.
12-02-2006 12:49 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

And people here complain about bias officials against UCONN. That was a fumble for UL at 1 yard line and they called Douglas down. Then they took away a TD from UCONN on the other end.

I doubt UCONN has a chance to win, but these calls are outright wrong. BE does not want UCONN anywhere near a victory. They should have paid the refs more money during the RU game to ensure a UL victory too.
12-02-2006 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Husky, quite frankly you lost ALL ability to complain about officiating a few weeks ago. You have absolutely no idea that it was a fumble by UofL at the 1. The only ref with a view of the play (who made the call), was on the other side of the ball from the cameras and the announcers. He was 10 feet from the play and staring right at Douglas as he lept for the end zone, with his right knee down before the ball is out.
12-02-2006 12:54 PM
RaliLlama Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia

It should have at least been reviewed.
12-02-2006 01:42 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

CollegeCard Wrote:Husky, quite frankly you lost ALL ability to complain about officiating a few weeks ago. You have absolutely no idea that it was a fumble by UofL at the 1. The only ref with a view of the play (who made the call), was on the other side of the ball from the cameras and the announcers. He was 10 feet from the play and staring right at Douglas as he lept for the end zone, with his right knee down before the ball is out.

Few weeks ago? You mean against the Cuse? God that game was called so bad those refs should be fired or let go. You mean the TD they took away from UCONN off punt was legit?

It is not about wins or losses, it is about playing it fair and get it right. I don't have a belief that UCONN would beat UL today, but getting the call right is part of fair sportsmanship. The calls during the CUSE game clearly had a major impact on the result. Still, the TD they took away was outright wrong. Karma is a biatch so I hope UCONN will get plenty of homer calls next year cause we already have plenty deposits in that account.
12-02-2006 01:56 PM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

At least the refs got it right overturning the UConn fumble on the KO return - he definitely recovered his own fumble and was down on the ground.

The 1st qtr muff by UofL on the punt return looked like a fumble to me, but it was close.

Ehh, can't get all the breaks I guess. 01-lauramac2
12-02-2006 02:03 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

CollegeCard Wrote:Husky, quite frankly you lost ALL ability to complain about officiating a few weeks ago. You have absolutely no idea that it was a fumble by UofL at the 1. The only ref with a view of the play (who made the call), was on the other side of the ball from the cameras and the announcers. He was 10 feet from the play and staring right at Douglas as he lept for the end zone, with his right knee down before the ball is out.

CollegeCard...believe some UCONN were upset that the possible fumble by UL RB at the 1 yd line wasn't even REVIEWED...not that is was most definitely a fumble or not.

A VERY close play like that right next to the goal line...most would of thought that the replay booth official would at least like to LOOK at that play...considering how close to the goal line that play was.
12-02-2006 02:05 PM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

Not that any of it matters. The inevitable pasting is upon us. 03-weeping

The offseason can't get here fast enough.
12-02-2006 02:41 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

BugsyCT Wrote:Not that any of it matters. The inevitable pasting is upon us. 03-weeping

The offseason can't get here fast enough.

Amen to that. The kids have gave up. Our QB can't even start for a flag football league. You can tell by the body language these kids have gave up. Please let this game end now.
12-02-2006 02:43 PM
Advertisement

WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Louisville has made its point to the BCS. It time for Petrino to call the dogs off and get Brohm out of there.
12-02-2006 02:56 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

We could have scored 21 or 28 more oints in the 4th quarter, if we were running up the score. UConn has a long way to go before they will get better!
12-03-2006 01:12 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

SF Husky Wrote:

Few weeks ago? You mean against the Cuse? God that game was called so bad those refs should be fired or let go. You mean the TD they took away from UCONN off punt was legit?

It is not about wins or losses, it is about playing it fair and get it right. I don't have a belief that UCONN would beat UL today, but getting the call right is part of fair sportsmanship. The calls during the CUSE game clearly had a major impact on the result. Still, the TD they took away was outright wrong. Karma is a biatch so I hope UCONN will get plenty of homer calls next year cause we already have plenty deposits in that account.

Three weeks old waaaah 03-hissyfit
The FG was no good....you might have a point of the fumble. Sh!t happens--move on to BB season.
12-03-2006 01:42 AM
Longstrangetrip Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn

Wilkie01 Wrote:UConn has a long way to go before they will get better!

No not really. You dont know much about our team.
12-03-2006 09:47 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I do not have anything against UConn but your team was worst this year than it was last year when you played Louisville.
12-03-2006 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Longstrangetrip Offline
Special Teams

Wilkie01 Wrote:I do not have anything against UConn but your team was worst this year than it was last year when you played Louisville.

17 injured players and 4 suspensions will do that to you. Would UL still be the same team if that happened to them? And don't tell me you lost Bush and Brohm either. You guys are in decent shape at both positions as you proved.
12-03-2006 10:05 AM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

Give us a team that can actually stay healthy and a 1-A level QB and then we'll see where we're at. Admittedly this year has been a bust but we're not far off from being competetive again.

Bring on next year.
12-03-2006 10:17 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Longstrangetrip Wrote:
Wilkie01 Wrote:I do not have anything against UConn but your team was worst this year than it was last year when you played Louisville.

17 injured players and 4 suspensions will do that to you. Would UL still be the same team if that happened to them? And don't tell me you lost Bush and Brohm either. You guys are in decent shape at both positions as you proved.

That's what depth will do for you. That's a big part of having a solid program. Louisville lost something for sure when it lost Bush. He was one of the most dominating running backs in college football last year and was primed for one hell of a senior season. Its football, everyone has injuries. We had 3 of our best defensive players out to go along with Bush and Brohm for significant segments of the season with bone fractures. Its the nature of the beast I'm afraid.
12-03-2006 10:22 AM
Longstrangetrip Offline
Special Teams

L-yes Wrote:
Longstrangetrip Wrote:

That's what depth will do for you. That's a big part of having a solid program. Louisville lost something for sure when it lost Bush. He was one of the most dominating running backs in college football last year and was primed for one hell of a senior season. Its football, everyone has injuries. We had 3 of our best defensive players out to go along with Bush and Brohm for significant segments of the season with bone fractures. Its the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Agreed L, its part of the business. But to say we are worse than last year, with how this year went, is not accurate. We sucked, I wont argue that point, but with all the injuries, its hard for me as a fan to really guage where we are. We were in games this year we had no biz being in and lost games we shouldnt have.
12-03-2006 10:29 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.