Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UofL -Orange, WVU-Gator
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
UofL -Orange, WVU-Gator
Rutgers to Texas Bowl?

Man, the Scarlet Knights deserve better.
05-mafia
12-02-2006 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

bad call cost them the touchdown on the fumble..
12-02-2006 11:50 PM
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

Bearcat T Wrote:bad call cost them the touchdown on the fumble..
Big East conference needs another "Premier" bowl possibly on New Years Day. Rutgers at 10-2 deserves a NYD bowl, heck PSU at 8-4 will get an Outback bowl just for finishing 4th in Big 10
12-02-2006 11:54 PM
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI

Despite what the announcers said his hip might have been down. It might not have been reversed.
12-03-2006 12:00 AM
Advertisement

TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT

The way our league reviews things, its a crapshoot every time
12-03-2006 12:03 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

When I was in CUSA I was sure they had the worst refs in the nation. Now, I don't think the Big East refs are much, if any, better. The PAC-10 sure doesn't instill any confidence in their ability. Refs miss calls all the time.

It is disconcerting when they don't even replay. Tonight they weren't allowed due to the whistle. I am not crying over spilled milk, but tonight's game was also just like last year's WVU-UofL game where the refs missed a call and the team on the losing end ended up with the L. However, both teams had tons of time to adjust and win the game after the call. Neither got it done.
12-03-2006 12:14 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

Its a shame that in an up year, we had administration who goofed and allowed Navy that Meineke Bowl. Even if its just playing the ACC No. 6, a 10-2 Rutgers vs. an 8-4 Maryland/Clemson or 9-3 Boston College would have been worthwhile and a solid matchup this year.

The Meineke comes back to us next year, we need to keep up the work so we can continue having a strong tie-in with that bowl.
12-03-2006 12:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

mattsarz Wrote:Its a shame that in an up year, we had administration who goofed and allowed Navy that Meineke Bowl. Even if its just playing the ACC No. 6, a 10-2 Rutgers vs. an 8-4 Maryland/Clemson or 9-3 Boston College would have been worthwhile and a solid matchup this year.

The Meineke comes back to us next year, we need to keep up the work so we can continue having a strong tie-in with that bowl.

You're right Matt, playing a team like Maryland or Clemson would be better over KSU in Houston. Rutgers also likely brings thousands more fans to Charlotte over Houston due to proximity.
12-03-2006 12:30 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

This season, losing the Meineke also kept Pitt at home. The bowl matchups for the BEast might have looked like this:

BCS - Louisville vs. Wake Forest
Gator - WVU vs. Georgia Tech OR Sun - WVU vs. Oregon St.
Meineke - Rutgers vs. Boston College
Texas - USF vs. Oklahoma St.
PapaJohns - Cincy vs. ECU
International - Pitt vs. WMU
12-03-2006 12:33 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

The Rutgers-BC matchup is an old rivalry. There should be plenty of interest for fans of both programs. BC had the advantage, since Rutgers was college football's doormat for so many years. But I think they can take it to the Eagles and win this year.
12-03-2006 08:38 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

LaRue777 Wrote:
Despite what the announcers said his hip might have been down. It might not have been reversed.

That was a fumble.
12-03-2006 08:40 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
A Plethora Of Complaints And A Lack Of Attendance
People need to stop complaining about the bowls. Buy your tickets and go enjoy the game. A plethora of complaints and a lack of attendance are what placed the Big East in this situation with the bowl line-up. Better bowls require better attendance.

That means Rutgers fans need to attend the Texas Bowl, Cincinnati fans need to attend the International Bowl, and South Florida fans need to attend the Papa John's Bowl. As many as can actually make it anyway. The line-up will improve next year.

I do not think anyone should complain about a 6-6 Pitt team that ended the season with a five-game losing streak being left home. It would embarrass the league if they made a bowl, got pounded, and finished 6-7 like some ACC and SEC teams will.
12-03-2006 10:20 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Dropped TD pass cost them game.
12-03-2006 11:37 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

Lou. Courier-Journal reported tonight that UofL has already sold 17,500 tickets to the Orange Bowl through pre-sales. That's a nice start.
12-03-2006 11:58 PM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

CollegeCard, I hope your Cards don't take Wake lightly. They have a very good defense & a great field goal kicker. Their misdirection offense might give Louisville's aggressive defense problems. I think it will be a good game. Good Luck!
12-04-2006 09:26 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

Brick City Pirate Wrote:CollegeCard, I hope your Cards don't take Wake lightly. They have a very good defense & a great field goal kicker. Their misdirection offense might give Louisville's aggressive defense problems. I think it will be a good game. Good Luck!

Well I hope the team doesn't take them lightly either. What I think won't affect the team however. I respect their defense. However, I also see that UofL's D gave up a whopping 3 more yards per game, and only 2 more points per game....against a tougher schedule.

WF's kicker is also definitely in the top tier. However, UofL's kicker, Art Carmody, is better in my opinion. The facts back me up. Swank @ WF made 21 of 28 field goals. Carmody for UofL made 20 of 23. Of the 3 missed kicks, 2 were blocked on broken line plays. Of course UofL gets zero points whether its blocked or just shanked, but he only miskicked 1 field goal all year. That's why he's 1 of 3 finalists for the Lou Groza Award.

As for their offense, they will try and use superior UofL speed against the Cardinals with reverses and such. Hopefully Petrino has guys stay in their spots.
12-04-2006 11:35 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.