Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Do you follow your schools FB team more, BB more, or equal?
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
Do you follow your schools FB team more, BB more, or equal?
Just curious.
12-15-2006 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

I am the exception at UC. Season ticket holder for FB and attend several BB games a year. FB 1st for me.
12-15-2006 10:24 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

I started out as a UC basketball fan, slowly started following UC football, now I think football is # 1 and basketball is a close 2nd. I just like college football a little more than college basketball.
12-15-2006 10:27 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

bearcatfan Wrote:I started out as a UC basketball fan, slowly started following UC football, now I think football is # 1 and basketball is a close 2nd. I just like college football a little more than college basketball.

Ditto for me 'cept I follow Cuse.
12-15-2006 10:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Football fan 1st. Although I follow BB closely as well, I just can't get into Morgantown for all the BB games. Living in the D.C. area, it's just not feasible.
12-15-2006 11:01 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

I am a Football First guy but of course as a Louisville fan I follow the Cards Basketball very very closely.
12-15-2006 11:15 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Though I appreciate the importance of my school's (Memphis) basketball program, I enjoy football, baseball and basketball, in that order. I care nothing about pro sports whatsoever, though I will sometimes attend our triple-A baseball games to enjoy beer, peanuts and relaxation.
12-15-2006 11:42 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Gray Avenger Wrote:Though I appreciate the importance of my school's (Memphis) basketball program, I enjoy football, baseball and basketball, in that order. I care nothing about pro sports whatsoever, though I will sometimes attend our triple-A baseball games to enjoy beer, peanuts and relaxation.

Are you still living in PC? I miss living on the gulf coast (Niceville). It did suck for air travel and freeway access though.
12-15-2006 11:46 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I would say I like Louisville basketball and football equally. However, it is easier for me to like football a little more because it isn't as demanding. There are only 12 games to follow as opposed to 30.
12-15-2006 11:47 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

army56mike Wrote:I would say I like Louisville basketball and football equally. However, it is easier for me to like football a little more because it isn't as demanding. There are only 12 games to follow as opposed to 30.

Sums it up for me as an RU fan of course.
12-15-2006 11:52 AM
djaphone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC Bearcats

I would say I follow Cincy football and basketball equally. I definitely started off as a basketball fan but during my stay at UC went to every home football game and traveled to the Motor City Bowl one year.
12-15-2006 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I follow both football and bball games closely...but I have season tickets for football and like to attend at least one away or bowl game everyear if possible...for bball...I may only make 2 or 3 games a season and have never been to a road/tourney bball game in my life

Jackson
12-15-2006 03:09 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

I used not care about college football at all. I only watched UCONN basketball. Since UCONN joined D1A, I started watching UCONN and college football. I guess I am equally basketball and football fan now. Before I used to watch NFL, now I only watch it to see how my fantasy players are doing.
12-15-2006 03:47 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Growing up, I
12-15-2006 08:46 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Football was my favorite sport that I played in high school and it remains my favorite Louisville sport. I would never miss a football game but I have missed basketball games. Also, I have 7 season tickets for football and none for basketball.
12-15-2006 08:50 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

Grew up a Syracuse fan when Billy Owens was there, then picked up football towards the end of the Marvin Graves era. Follow both from a distance, but lately my focus has been with basketball since they've been better.

I forget who they played, but the first college basketball game I ever watched on TV was an ABC telecast of a Louisville game (I think Pervis Ellison was a senior), so I had a tiny soft spot for the Cardinals when Denny Crum was there.
12-16-2006 12:06 AM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

nm
12-16-2006 12:09 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I follow BOTH and like basketball since thats the main sport USF had when i went to school there. BUT this is the state of Florida so it is FOOTBALL that really matters.
I have season tickets and make at least two aways, i now go to maybe one or two basketball games. Its more difficult since games are on weekdays and i dont live in Tampa.
But definetely is football first
12-16-2006 08:28 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

I used to watch basketball more, though I was a big football fan. Over the last 4 or 5 years I have followed them equally and have consistently gone to a number of UC football games, something I had never done before.
12-16-2006 08:57 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

I've always followed both, but my father covered Mountaineer sports for years. Morgantown is a football town. Basketball is a distant second.
12-16-2006 09:34 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.