SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut
BC Reportedly Offers Coaching Job To Jagodzinski
C Reportedly Offers Coaching Job To Jagodzinski
[Image: d8m472no2.jpg]

POSTED: 3:17 pm CST December 18, 2006
UPDATED: 3:32 pm CST December 18, 2006

BOSTON -- Boston College has offered the job of head football coach to Packers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski to replace Tom O'Brien, who left to coach at North Carolina State, a source told The Associated Press on Monday.

Athletic Director Gene DeFilippo would not comment but an official close to the program told the AP on the condition of anonymity that Jagodzinski had been offered the job and was expected to be introduced at a news conference on Wednesday.

Jagodzinski was the offensive coordinator and coached the offensive line in 1997 and 1998 for the Eagles.

Jagodzinski confirmed late last week that he had a "very, very positive interview" with BC officials but refused to say more.

Jagodzinski's offenses at BC averaged more than 400 yards per game and allowed the fewest sacks in the Big East. He also worked with future Packers and Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck during his senior season in 1997.

Jagodzinski, from West Allis, Wis., is in his first season at the Packers' offensive coordinator.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
12-18-2006 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

That seems like an odd hiring....a lot of people seemed to think the former Umass and current Steeler QB coach was a shoe in

Jackson
12-19-2006 08:52 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Jackson1011 Wrote:That seems like an odd hiring....a lot of people seemed to think the former Umass and current Steeler QB coach was a shoe in

Jackson

Unless he looked at the situation and decided that he didn't want it.
12-19-2006 09:58 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Jagodzinski is a good hire for BC. But He'll find that fans are disinterested in college football in New England for the most part. I wonder how long they'll keep him before he moves on.
12-19-2006 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Jagoffski and BC a match made in heaven lmfao
12-19-2006 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
GunnerFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: GT, Cuse

bitcruncher Wrote:Jagodzinski is a good hire for BC. But He'll find that fans are disinterested in college football in New England for the most part. I wonder how long they'll keep him before he moves on.

The more I think about this the more I think that at the least, BC's support will not grow any worse and could improve.

- For one, this is the same general audience UConn (and to some degree, Rutgers and Syracuse) is counting on. Thus, if UConn is able to make headway then BC will gain at least some residual attention since they are 1-A, BCS, etc.

- They've not had, to my knowledge, that truly fantastic year to galvanize their support much like Rutgers is doing now. A couple 9-win seasons including bowl wins, but nothing to spike the interest. Let's see how Rutgers does in holding onto their fan base to see if change truly is possible.

- If the theorized changes to A/AA ever happen then the role of big time college football will grow and again BC will be in the middle of it. Even with a UMass on board.

Not predicting a new Notre Dame or anything, but I think like many programs BC has potential. It'll be interesting how the new coach plays off UConn's emergence.
12-19-2006 03:19 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.