Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
HEAR YE ....... HEAR YE.
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
HEAR YE ....... HEAR YE.
Gather 'round kiddies. The party is about to be over.
10-14-2014 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
RE: HEAR YE ....... HEAR YE.
There's a party?
10-14-2014 01:56 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Oh no.

Never good when these threads are created.
10-14-2014 01:59 PM

I'll go ahead and post up the punishments before I make them for a while to make it abundantly clear this is not acceptable.

Doxing is strictly against the AUP. And you might have gotten away with it if you didn't hint around you were doing it over PM in some of your posts.

In this case, I judge your cooperation with the effort, even if you weren't the one doing it, as guilt. You should have come to me and said this was going on and you know it isn't okay.

oklalittledixie -- This is not your first time doxing. One week ban. +25% warning.
LSU04_08 -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
EverRespect -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
SumOfAllFears -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
BevoTex -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.

Don't bother trying to delete all your PM's gentlemen. I saved a full copy of the database for posterity.

And in case you think I'm just bluffing here ... PM'ing each other personal photos and apartment photos and etc of people you don't like along with the expected "what a HOMO" .... "he has the AIDS" etc (only loosely paraphrasing) is pretty blatantly not OK. You were smart enough to know that was gonna get some blowback if you posted it on the board. You should have been smart enough to know it was also not okay on PM.

The decision is final. If you want to discuss moderation and this affects you, you can PM me. If you gripe on this this thread about it you're subject to more.

This is as much a public warning to everybody else that this is not acceptable as it is notification of the punishment.
10-14-2014 02:15 PM

Next doxing offense by any of the above and it is a one month ban.
10-14-2014 02:18 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Dumb question.. I've never heard of doxing.. What is that?
10-14-2014 02:20 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
For everyone:

Quote:Doxing is an abbreviation of document tracing, the Internet-based practice of researching and publishing personally identifiable information about an individual. The methods employed in pursuit of this information range from searching publicly available databases and social media websites like Facebook, to hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to cyber-vigilantism, hacktivism, and cyber-bullying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing
10-14-2014 02:22 PM

Oh -- and if you are convinced that your political existence here is so persecuted just because we created a political board that has something other than shouty name calling -- by all means take all your political posts over to the "super secret" freeforum.

http:// conservativecave .freeforums .net
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 02:23 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
10-14-2014 02:23 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(10-14-2014 02:23 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Oh -- and if you are convinced that your political existence here is so persecuted just because we created a political board that has something other than shouty name calling -- by all means take all your political posts over to the "super secret" freeforum.

http:// conservativecave .freeforums .net

By all means, please do. LOL
10-14-2014 02:25 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
I thought PMs were for the purpose of privately talking with other members?

What's the purpose of having a PM system when it can be scoured without probable cause? Sometimes people want to share personal business to other members that can give advice.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 02:29 PM by oliveandblue.)
10-14-2014 02:29 PM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
(10-14-2014 02:29 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I thought PMs were for the purpose of privately talking with other members?

What's the purpose of having a PM system when it can be scoured without probable cause? Sometimes people want to share personal business to other members that can give advice.

same question I just e-mailed my brother-in-law lawyer.
10-14-2014 02:31 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
You have no protections on a privately owned site. Just the same with your company's email system (or any information system, for that matter). Pretty basic stuff here.
10-14-2014 02:34 PM

(10-14-2014 02:31 PM)bevotex Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 02:29 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I thought PMs were for the purpose of privately talking with other members?

same question I just e-mailed my brother-in-law lawyer.

Oooooooooo I'm scared. Copypasta from the AUP:

Quote:- You grant CSNbbs indefinite, perpetual, and royalty-free use of any and all content you put on the site including but not limited to posts and messages, private or otherwise.

Binding Arbitration

- By using or even viewing the site beyond the registration screens and this page you agree that any legal action brought, either directly or indirectly, against the website, the parent company, any and all related assets pertaining to the site or the parent company, site owners, site property, and/or third party contractors is subject to binding arbitration in a location of the choosing of the site owner and in a manner prescribed by the site owner.

I'm upgrading your ban now to one month. 04-cheers
10-14-2014 02:35 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU

From the AUP:

Quote: You grant CSNbbs indefinite, perpetual, and royalty-free use of any and all content you put on the site including but not limited to posts and messages, private or otherwise.
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
I wasn't aware talking about stuff through PM was doxing.
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The forum is private property and your PMs are not private. They are as private as GTS wants them to be.
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(10-14-2014 02:15 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'll go ahead and post up the punishments before I make them for a while to make it abundantly clear this is not acceptable.

Doxing is strictly against the AUP. And you might have gotten away with it if you didn't hint around you were doing it over PM in some of your posts.

In this case, I judge your cooperation with the effort, even if you weren't the one doing it, as guilt. You should have come to me and said this was going on and you know it isn't okay.

oklalittledixie -- This is not your first time doxing. One week ban. +25% warning.
LSU04_08 -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
EverRespect -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
SumOfAllFears -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.
BevoTex -- First offense. 48 hour ban. +25% warning.

Don't bother trying to delete all your PM's gentlemen. I saved a full copy of the database for posterity.

And in case you think I'm just bluffing here ... PM'ing each other personal photos and apartment photos and etc of people you don't like along with the expected "what a HOMO" .... "he has the AIDS" etc (only loosely paraphrasing) is pretty blatantly not OK. You were smart enough to know that was gonna get some blowback if you posted it on the board. You should have been smart enough to know it was also not okay on PM.

The decision is final. If you want to discuss moderation and this affects you, you can PM me. If you gripe on this this thread about it you're subject to more.

This is as much a public warning to everybody else that this is not acceptable as it is notification of the punishment.

LULZ, that wasn't doxing, that user posted that link and made it public for the board.
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Ok GTS it's been fun...
10-14-2014 02:36 PM

They started hinting at things in posts. When the SECOND person PM'ed me saying they thought their personal info was getting exchanged then I took a look.

It is a giant PITA for me to sift through millions of PMs to find stuff. There is no "search for PM" interface in the board software. I have to manually query the DB. It takes HOURS. So there has to be a pretty compelling reason for me to do it. The second person complaining sent me searching. And boy oh boy were they right.
10-14-2014 02:37 PM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
Maybe I'm the odd person out here since this didn't involve me but why would anyone be so enamored about anyone on this board that they don't actually know. Once I'm done with this board for the day I don't give any of y'all a second thought.
10-14-2014 02:38 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.