Big East=Basketball Power Conference?
01-23-2007 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Re: Big East=Basketball Power Conference?
KState1125 Wrote:http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html
I don't know about that

Apparently the Big 12 isn't either since they are behind the MVC as well.

Seriously, 1125, I like you but this is nothing but you trying to pick a fight here. Everyone knew that this year would be a down year for the Big East due to the talent that left the conference after last season (the top 12 scorers just to start). The conference has a ton of very young talent, next year the conference will move back up to a top 3 conference.
01-23-2007 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

I am not picking a fight. I didn't realize how low the BE was this year. I just heard all the hype of how it is the best basketball conference in the nation. Just doesn't reflect that as of now. I know the Big 12 isn't doing so hot either.
01-23-2007 10:38 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

KState1125 Wrote:I am not picking a fight. I didn't realize how low the BE was this year. I just heard all the hype of how it is the best basketball conference in the nation. Just doesn't reflect that as of now. I know the Big 12 isn't doing so hot either.

Last year the Big East was easily the best conference in the nation. This year they are very young (as I stated before), I've seen nobody on this board say anything about the basketball conference being no. 1. Next year and the following year the conference will be back and be as good as they were last year.
01-23-2007 10:42 AM
GunnerFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: GT, Cuse

Success is cyclical and tempermental. In basketball many power teams are one injury away from becoming below average.
01-23-2007 10:45 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Wow, it looks like a poser clown who tried to make people think he was ever a true UC fan found the Big East board!

How about not being so fair weather you change team affliation due to 1 coaching move and then come back to tell us what you think.
01-23-2007 10:51 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

KState1125 Wrote:I am not picking a fight. I didn't realize how low the BE was this year. I just heard all the hype of how it is the best basketball conference in the nation. Just doesn't reflect that as of now. I know the Big 12 isn't doing so hot either.

Just go ahead and adnmit it, you were trying to start something here clown. Just look at the title of the thread that you started, which is basically asking how can the Be be a power conference. Whenever the Big 12 can command the amount of respect that the BE has gotten this decade, you can come back and talk some smack, ok?
01-23-2007 11:41 AM
GunnerFan Offline
1st String

Villanova 76
Texas 69

Next...
01-23-2007 12:51 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

GunnerFan Wrote:Villanova 76
Texas 69

Next...

What does that mean?

Texas already lost to Michigan St, Gonzaga (not nearly as good this year as last), Tennessee, Oklahoma St and now to 'Nova on the road.

Next what?

Next Texas lost?
01-23-2007 01:08 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

The Big East is the best basketball conference in the nation in terms of having the most programs with the most history...yes...its a down yr but that should really change as soon as next yr

-KState1125...just out of curosity would you be a WVU fan now if Huggins had gone back to Morgantown a few yrs back?

Jackson
01-23-2007 01:26 PM
GunnerFan Offline
1st String

KnightLight Wrote:
Texas 69

Next...

What does that mean?

Texas already lost to Michigan St, Gonzaga (not nearly as good this year as last), Tennessee, Oklahoma St and now to 'Nova on the road.

Next what?

Next Texas lost?

*sigh*

Facting: A slang term referring to the use of simple truths and/or data to prove the value of one's argument or detract from that of an opponent.

Example 1: A messageboard thread's author is making a veiled attempt to criticize the strength of a particular athletic conference. Shadenfreude, if you will, taking pleasure in the supposed demise of said conference. One effective form of retort, then, is to provide factual evidence to contradict the original assumption, and/or provide evidence that said athletic conference might actually be superior to that which is suported by the original author.

The term "Next" is often used in debates and arguments to suggest a point has been closed and it's time to move on. Modern popularity probably stems from pick-up-ball where the winning team, having dismissed one or more opponents, would look to the remaining foes and invite the next challenge.

Placed all together in this context and you get:

Big 12 fan: "The Big East sucks!"
BE fan: "Look who's talking? Unranked BE team beats Ranked Big 12 team 76-69. So what's your next point?"

03-melodramatic
01-23-2007 01:52 PM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

There's this thing called the second season, the big dance, the biggest show on earth, the tournament....I'll really be interested in seeing how the Big East fairs there this year. Strange things happen at tournament time.
01-23-2007 01:53 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

cardtopper Wrote:There's this thing called the second season, the big dance, the biggest show on earth, the tournament....I'll really be interested in seeing how the Big East fairs there this year. Strange things happen at tournament time.

Speaking of the Big 12:

I remember Syracuse biotch slapping 4 Big 12 teams enroute to winning the National Championship in 2003:

In order-->OSU, OU, UT, KU

KState Fan nice try
01-23-2007 02:05 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

TexanMark Wrote:
cardtopper Wrote:There's this thing called the second season, the big dance, the biggest show on earth, the tournament....I'll really be interested in seeing how the Big East fairs there this year. Strange things happen at tournament time.

Speaking of the Big 12:

I remember Syracuse biotch slapping 4 Big 12 teams enroute to winning the National Championship in 2003:

In order-->OSU, OU, UT, KU

KState Fan nice try

Yeah that was great. Cuse didnt win the BE tourney that year, but they won the NC and the Big 12 tourney. lmfao lmfao
01-23-2007 02:11 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: Big East=Basketball Power Conference?
KState1125 Wrote:http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html
I don't know about that

Hey it's our favorite bandwagon fan! I'm curious, did you post stats showing how crappy the Big 12 was on the Big 12 board?
01-23-2007 02:53 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

KnightLight Wrote:
Texas 69

Next...

What does that mean?

It means don't talk smack if your conference is getting b*tch-slapped on a regular basis. Why is a C-USA fan defending the Big 12!?
01-23-2007 02:54 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Yep, ask the SEC.
01-23-2007 02:55 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

CatsClaw Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:
Texas 69

Next...

What does that mean?

Why is a C-USA fan defending the Big 12!?

That guy will defend any conference if it means that he can make the BE look not so good. He's taken up for the acc, the SEC and now the Big12. Whats next, the Sunbelt? 01-wingedeagle
01-23-2007 03:26 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

KSU 55
Rutgers 40

next
01-23-2007 04:01 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

B12>>>BE

IMO 02-13-banana
01-23-2007 04:02 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.