Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Those who predicted doom for Big East football
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Those who predicted doom for Big East football
Probably feel as foolish as those who predicted doom for Boston College in the ACC.
02-15-2007 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: Those who predicted doom for Big East football
3601 Wrote:Probably feel as foolish as those who predicted doom for Boston College in the ACC.

Or vag tech. The old line acc members are probably feeling a little bit humiliated right now being that their football sucks and their vaunted basketball conference is being dominated by Big East also rans.
02-15-2007 09:52 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

L-yes Wrote:
3601 Wrote:Probably feel as foolish as those who predicted doom for Boston College in the ACC.

Or vag tech. The old line acc members are probably feeling a little bit humiliated right now being that their football sucks and their vaunted basketball conference is being dominated by Big East also rans.

I'd be more embarrassed about losing to a Seth Greenberg coached team.
02-15-2007 10:06 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
3601 Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:

True.

I think Seth was 'out of his league' in CUSA. If you look back on his time at USF he recruited some fine basketball players but he just couldn't get it done. I really don't understand how he's done what he's done at Tech.
02-15-2007 10:16 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

L-yes Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:

True.

I think Seth was 'out of his league' in CUSA. If you look back on his time at USF he recruited some fine basketball players but he just couldn't get it done. I really don't understand how he's done what he's done at Tech.

I don't either. I couldn't believe it when VaTech hired him. I thought he always underperformed at USF. He had some very talented players (BB Walden, Chucky Atkins, Alton Jackson, etc.) and Memphis was going through some very lean years while he was at USF, but we he was still 2-12 against Memphs. I thought he was about to get fired by South Florida when the Hokies hired him.

However, I've got to give him credit. He's doing a pretty good job now.
02-15-2007 11:04 AM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:Probably feel as foolish as those who predicted doom for Boston College in the ACC.

-- Hey BC still can't pay their coaches a competitive wage and big bowls still won't touch them with a 10ft pole......Its like they never left ;-)

Jackson
02-15-2007 02:01 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:Probably feel as foolish as those who predicted doom for Boston College in the ACC.

-- Hey BC still can't pay their coaches a competitive wage and big bowls still won't touch them with a 10ft pole......Its like they never left ;-)

Jackson

I expect sour grapes out of a lot of folks, but not you Jackson.
02-15-2007 02:22 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Always living in ND's shadow! lmfao lmfao lmfao
02-15-2007 02:22 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Wilkie01 Wrote:Always living in ND's shadow! lmfao lmfao lmfao

I'm a typical ND subway alumnus, but I've never thought that.
02-15-2007 02:27 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:I expect sour grapes out of a lot of folks, but not you Jackson

-- Sorry to disappoint, but I expected more from a founding member of the league and founding member of the football conference. At the very least Boston College lied to the Big East about there intentions, at worst they plotted against the league for a number of years. However when push came to shove, and it was obvious Syracuse was staying, they still tied themselves to Miami instead of the schools that they had broken bread with for a generation.

Jackson
02-15-2007 02:48 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Jackson1011 Wrote:

-- Sorry to disappoint, but I expected more from a founding member of the league and founding member of the football conference. At the very least Boston College lied to the Big East about there intentions, at worst they plotted against the league for a number of years. However when push came to shove, and it was obvious Syracuse was staying, they still tied themselves to Miami instead of the schools that they had broken bread with for a generation.

Jackson

You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.
[Image: 250px-Santino_corleone_2.jpg]
02-15-2007 03:34 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
3601 Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:

True.

I don't either. I couldn't believe it when VaTech hired him. I thought he always underperformed at USF. He had some very talented players (BB Walden, Chucky Atkins, Alton Jackson, etc.) and Memphis was going through some very lean years while he was at USF, but we he was still 2-12 against Memphs. I thought he was about to get fired by South Florida when the Hokies hired him.

However, I've got to give him credit. He's doing a pretty good job now.

wow, you summed Seth up pretty good.

He still runs the same offensive (street ball) sets.

He was definately looking to leave USF. The year before he left he interview for the UMiami job. Many of us (Alumni, fans & Season ticket holders) wished he would have gotten the Miami job the year before. When he went to Va Tech he had one year left on his contract and knew that he would not be renewed.

P.S. Va tech's Director of Basketball operations is Brad Greenberg, his brother (you are correct the ex-GM of the Philadelphia 76ers) who held the same position at USF.

IMHO Seth is a "used car" salesperson
02-15-2007 03:47 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

lmfao lmfao lmfao
02-15-2007 04:03 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.

-- Love the reference! Anyway, just because the move was better for business doesn't mean ethics should be thrown out the window, especially since we are talking about a Roman Catholic institution. No one has hard feeling over he way Va Tech left. They seemed to be honest from the get-go. Ditto for Syracuse if they had gone. However, simply judging by the quotes league and school officials have made to the media Boston College did not do that. To the contrary, it seems that they outright lied to league officials on occasion. That is where the hard feelings come from

Jackson
02-15-2007 05:12 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

The same Boston College that has gone to minor bowls after being considered a BCS bowl contender?
02-15-2007 05:48 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

3601 Wrote:
Jackson1011 Wrote:

Jackson

You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.

It's ironic that you claim sour grapes and people taking things personally. Didn't you throw a hissy fit a few months ago because someone on here was posting good news about Big East football? ;-) Not ripping you, but you fall into the same category.
02-15-2007 05:49 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.

-- Love the reference! Anyway, just because the move was better for business doesn't mean ethics should be thrown out the window, especially since we are talking about a Roman Catholic institution. No one has hard feeling over he way Va Tech left. They seemed to be honest from the get-go. Ditto for Syracuse if they had gone. However, simply judging by the quotes league and school officials have made to the media Boston College did not do that. To the contrary, it seems that they outright lied to league officials on occasion. That is where the hard feelings come from

Jackson

I don't think remaining CUSA teams hold as much anger, but that situation is similar to what happened in CUSA. People want to get on UofL, USF, & UC but they were upfront. TCU left much later in the game after appearing as if they were staying and having an impact on which new members would be added.
02-15-2007 05:56 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

CatsClaw Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Jackson1011 Wrote:

Jackson

It's ironic that you claim sour grapes and people taking things personally. Didn't you throw a hissy fit a few months ago because someone on here was posting good news about Big East football? ;-) Not ripping you, but you fall into the same category.

1. Half of what I post is a joke.
2. No, I don't ever remember getting upset because someone posted good news about the Big East. That wouldn't make sense, would it?
3. I do, however, remember you throwing a lot of "hissy fits" for no good reason.
02-15-2007 06:19 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Jackson1011 Wrote:

Jackson

I'm just messing with you. I know that you have a sense of humor and a thick skin unlike some folks with the initials CC.
02-15-2007 06:21 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

CollegeCard Wrote:I don't think remaining CUSA teams hold as much anger, but that situation is similar to what happened in CUSA. People want to get on UofL, USF, & UC but they were upfront. TCU left much later in the game after appearing as if they were staying and having an impact on which new members would be added.

Who? 03-yawn

I'll admit I was happy when they joined the league, but after the way they left, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
02-15-2007 06:25 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.