I Root For: Cincinnati
Larry Davis cleared to play, but didn't

03-08-2007 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation

i think it was a good choice on his/his team's part.... no need to risk a career ending injury

03-08-2007 12:43 AM
BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

huggybear4life Wrote:i think it was a good choice on his/his team's part.... no need to risk a career ending injury
True but not getting to play his senior year means he is going to be really inexperienced and there is still a question of how good his knee is. If Cronin needs to get rid of a player Davis might be a good candidate for a red shirt year. Don

03-08-2007 08:23 AM
Mr Happy
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mc72642 Wrote:
huggybear4life Wrote:i think it was a good choice on his/his team's part.... no need to risk a career ending injury
True but not getting to play his senior year means he is going to be really inexperienced and there is still a question of how good his knee is. If Cronin needs to get rid of a player Davis might be a good candidate for a red shirt year. Don

Get rid of a player?

My opinion is that the kid should transfer to Harmony.........for the sole purpose of practicing/playing a season on his rebuilt knee to both strengthen it, and rebuild confidence in his game. If he is still healing or lacks experience, a season at UC could be a total waste.

03-08-2007 08:32 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people

I could see a possible red shirt if he shows up way behind. Mick did say on the coach's show that Larry has tremendous upside and they're looking for him to grow a few inches since his dad is 6'7". Made it sound just a little like they were looking for him to be a contributor down the road as opposed to right away. But that was just a sense I got from the way Mick talked about him. He in no way said he's not going to play much or he'll redshirt. It was more the way coaches talk about a recruit that they don't expect much from right away.

03-08-2007 08:48 AM
BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

Murph29 Wrote:I could see a possible red shirt if he shows up way behind. Mick did say on the coach's show that Larry has tremendous upside and they're looking for him to grow a few inches since his dad is 6'7". Made it sound just a little like they were looking for him to be a contributor down the road as opposed to right away. But that was just a sense I got from the way Mick talked about him. He in no way said he's not going to play much or he'll redshirt. It was more the way coaches talk about a recruit that they don't expect much from right away.
I only said that because it looks like if everybody shows up Mick could have 14 or 15 scholarship players and something has to happen. Don

03-08-2007 08:54 AM
Advertisement

BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

Murph29 Wrote:I could see a possible red shirt if he shows up way behind. Mick did say on the coach's show that Larry has tremendous upside and they're looking for him to grow a few inches since his dad is 6'7". Made it sound just a little like they were looking for him to be a contributor down the road as opposed to right away. But that was just a sense I got from the way Mick talked about him. He in no way said he's not going to play much or he'll redshirt. It was more the way coaches talk about a recruit that they don't expect much from right away.
I only said that because it looks like if everybody shows up Mick could have 14 or 15 scholarship players and something has to happen. Don

03-08-2007 08:55 AM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

mc72642 Wrote:

True. But I think they're more likely to move a player like Crowell off scholly than they are to redshirt Davis. But that said, if Davis shows up in the summer league and looks way behind to where he aint getting on the court this year, maybe Mick tells him to redshirt and get a year practicing with the team and getting used to playing again. But who knows what goes on in the mind of the little redhead (there I did it for you!).

03-08-2007 09:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Red shirts still count against the total # on the roster. Betcha Timmy - already submitted his FAFSA to pay for in-state tuition. I just hope McClain decides to come here so it is at least an issue.

03-08-2007 09:27 AM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

arn't you still using a scholly if you redshirt though? I could be mistaken but I believe it still counts towards our scholarship count.

BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

Murph29 Wrote:
mc72642 Wrote:

True. But I think they're more likely to move a player like Crowell off scholly than they are to redshirt Davis. But that said, if Davis shows up in the summer league and looks way behind to where he aint getting on the court this year, maybe Mick tells him to redshirt and get a year practicing with the team and getting used to playing again. But who knows what goes on in the mind of the little redhead (there I did it for you!).
You can't say little redhead because people would assume he has hair and Mick doesn't. Little baldy discribes him better. Little doesn't really get it either. Midget is better. ;-) Don

Advertisement

OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators

Murph29 Wrote:
mc72642 Wrote:

I dated a little redhead for a while, and was she a cute little wing nut. lmfao

I would bet Davis goes to redshirt.

Anyway, I doubt if Mick would drop someone unless they were aware going in that it could happen. You just cannot afford to upset an AAU coach, a high school coach or just as bad, have recruiters telling prospects that UC doesn't honor scholarships.

Likely prepared to move off scholarship since before they signed their commitment letter. Someone with excellent grades or parent who can afford the tuition, helped by the kid having declared in-state status.
;-)

03-08-2007 10:20 AM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

OneUChoopsfan Wrote:I dated a little redhead for a while, and was she a cute little wing nut. lmfao
;-)

Is it true what they say, "red in the head, fire in bed"? :tasha: :kobe:

And Don please don't chime in about your personal experience with an 85 year old red headed sugar momma you dated last year or I'll 03-puke

03-08-2007 11:15 AM
Mr Happy
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

It's funny how Don can call Mick insulting names, but if I were to refer to Huggs as "that alcoholic" or "that womanizer".......I'd get banned.

I think Don needs to quit with the insults regarding Mick's appearance. It's getting old.

03-08-2007 12:12 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators

bearcat1965 Wrote:It's funny how Don can call Mick insulting names, but if I were to refer to Huggs as "that alcoholic" or "that womanizer".......I'd get banned.

I think Don needs to quit with the insults regarding Mick's appearance. It's getting old.

Chatter, your "I'd get banned for saying that", are equally old. In just this post, you have taken 2 more shots at Huggs. You never miss a chance.

03-08-2007 01:19 PM
bobstheman3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC

ctipton Wrote:
bearcat1965 Wrote:It's funny how Don can call Mick insulting names, but if I were to refer to Huggs as "that alcoholic" or "that womanizer".......I'd get banned.

Chatter, your "I'd get banned for saying that", are equally old. In just this post, you have taken 2 more shots at Huggs. You never miss a chance.
And you never miss a chance to fly to the rescue for your old buddy. Don's bashing of Mick's appearance is very old. If you want to bash him for his coaching go for it.

03-08-2007 01:32 PM
Advertisement

Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I think with Don its become a running joke. I think with the Huggins detractors its honest to goodness hatred. I also think its a little different to call someone a sawed off little redhead and to call someone an alcoholic. Nevertheless, maybe we can all try to avoid name-calling.

03-08-2007 01:35 PM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:

but to be honest, (and I was / am a Huggs fan) he was / is a womanizer, and was (maybe still is) quite liberal in alcohol consumption, Just as Mick is short, redheaded, and balding.

and again, (and I am a Huggs fan), the slams on Mick's appearence are not things he can control whereas the slams on Huggs, well, they are 100% of his control....

I always liked Huggs in comparison to Bobby Knight because I felt that Huggs was fair in that he demanded respect but also showed it, whereas Knight demands it but doesn't give it to anyone.

But in another respect, Huggs demands discipline and personal accountability in his players, yet he has a few very significant issues in his character that show a lack of discipline and accountability....

03-08-2007 01:44 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators

bobstheman3 Wrote:
ctipton Wrote:

And you never miss a chance to fly to the rescue for your old buddy. Don's bashing of Mick's appearance is very old. If you want to bash him for his coaching go for it.

And you never miss a chance to come to the rescue of anyone I am having a discussion with and let me know that Don is my OLD buddy. Some day, with some luck, you may get some years on you.

03-08-2007 01:47 PM
bobstheman3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC

ctipton Wrote:
bobstheman3 Wrote:
ctipton Wrote:

And you never miss a chance to come to the rescue of anyone I am having a discussion with and let me know that Don is my OLD buddy. Some day, with some luck, you may get some years on you.

Don's a big boy, I don't see why you jump in every chance you can to defend him.

Don you had a few nice posts there in a row with no Mick comments and I was impressed. Guess it couldn't last.

03-08-2007 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.