Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC Posters be Cray Cray
Bookmark and Share
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
SBC Posters be Cray Cray
You know what I'm talking about....LOL. I should say poster in the title.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 03:43 PM by Curtisc83.)
02-25-2015 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: SBC Posters be Cray Cray
(02-25-2015 03:35 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  You know what I'm talking about....LOL. I should say poster in the title.
Curtis, it's been pretty much you and I countering these bigoted statements made by a certain posters on the SBC board. I hit the roof when he said it. What galls me now is he is squirming now saying it was just to poke at we LU fans, when in fact it was said with conviction and passion not with sarcasm and humor. This is one unhappy fellow with lots of pent up frustration and anger.
02-25-2015 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I don't want to characterize all Sun Belt posters so I won't. Every team has their crazy fans and we are not immune. I just try to avoid taking the bait. I tried to get back on subject to no avail.
02-25-2015 03:51 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2015 03:48 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 03:35 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  You know what I'm talking about....LOL. I should say poster in the title.
Curtis, it's been pretty much you and I countering these bigoted statements made by a certain posters on the SBC board. I hit the roof when he said it. What galls me now is he is squirming now saying it was just to poke at we LU fans, when in fact it was said with conviction and passion not with sarcasm and humor. This is one unhappy fellow with lots of pent up frustration and anger.

It was pretty extreme but we will get plenty of folks that come out of the wood works that will do the same moving forward. I just have to brush it off and hope folks that read it see it for what it really is. Its not like we are on here preaching about baby jesus or being bigots so its pretty uncalled for....but it happens.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 04:00 PM by Curtisc83.)
02-25-2015 03:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2015 03:51 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I don't want to characterize all Sun Belt posters so I won't. Every team has their crazy fans and we are not immune. I just try to avoid taking the bait. I tried to get back on subject to no avail.

LU TO THE BIG12!!!!
02-25-2015 03:58 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

There is wisdom in being silent when times demand that. It's another matter to take action and respond when needed. This was one of those times when counter responses likely displayed support of LU fans and school in a better light. Silence on our part after his despicable comments would have shown weakness on our part.

There is no how to manual on the best method to respond/reply to posters like geauxcajuns. He is now trying to make light of his comments when he knows, and everyone else, that he went well over the edge in civil discourse.
02-25-2015 04:02 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

You can be calm and respond in a controlled manner or you can lash out and look silly. It isn't wrong to be defensive with your passions but responding the same way as he did is just as bad.
02-25-2015 04:10 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2015 04:02 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  There is wisdom in being silent when times demand that. It's another matter to take action and respond when needed. This was one of those times when counter responses likely displayed support of LU fans and school in a better light. Silence on our part after his despicable comments would have shown weakness on our part.

There is no how to manual on the best method to respond/reply to posters like geauxcajuns. He is now trying to make light of his comments when he knows, and everyone else, that he went well over the edge in civil discourse.

Yeah but you have to know when to stop. If you keep on with the back and forth with geauxcajun the entire thread will be buried in the smack board. That means no one would see his crazy comments. So if you want to make an impact to other posters you should stop. We both said what needed to be said and replied when needed anything more is our pride getting in the way.
02-25-2015 04:11 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

There is one upside to all of this, there are a lot more people on the SBC board who are agreeable to LU joining the SBC. If anything, geauxcajuns, has helped us with his extreme, volatile views. His example of one being uncontrollable in spewing hate alienates those reasonable SBC posters.
02-25-2015 04:12 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 04:11 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 04:02 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  There is wisdom in being silent when times demand that. It's another matter to take action and respond when needed. This was one of those times when counter responses likely displayed support of LU fans and school in a better light. Silence on our part after his despicable comments would have shown weakness on our part.

Yeah but you have to know when to stop. If you keep on with the back and forth with geauxcajun the entire thread will be buried in the smack board. That means no one would see his crazy comments. So if you want to make an impact to other posters you should stop. We both said what needed to be said and replied when needed anything more is our pride getting in the way.
Tis true Curtis. It is time to move on. We have made our point.
02-25-2015 04:13 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-25-2015 04:12 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  There is one upside to all of this, there are a lot more people on the SBC board who are agreeable to LU joining the SBC. If anything, geauxcajuns, has helped us with his extreme, volatile views. His example of one being uncontrollable in spewing hate alienates those reasonable SBC posters.

Message board posters have no control over who is invited into a conference. While it is nice to have brownie points it really doesn't mean anything.
02-25-2015 04:18 PM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2015 04:18 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 04:12 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  There is one upside to all of this, there are a lot more people on the SBC board who are agreeable to LU joining the SBC. If anything, geauxcajuns, has helped us with his extreme, volatile views. His example of one being uncontrollable in spewing hate alienates those reasonable SBC posters.

Message board posters have no control over who is invited into a conference. While it is nice to have brownie points it really doesn't mean anything.

We don't know that. All the posters could very well be the SBC Presidents...LOL
02-25-2015 04:24 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Guys, I just went over and read all of that dialogue, I care not to speak about all of the dialog. However, I am inquisitive about something, Jerry Jr. and Jonathan.

I have attended Jonathan's services 3 or 4 times and have nothing but praise for him. He appears to be the real deal and very modest. I think he even took one of his kids to my sister-in-law's home several years ago for some activity she was having for my niece and/or nephew. He pulls up and is just about as normal of a fellow as there is, greets my in-laws, drops off his kid, and leaves. Certainly not a person who was looking for any more attention than any other parent.

I do not know Jerry Jr. at all, but he too seems very content with just being a person who is trying to run a university the best way he knows and doing pretty well at it.

My question, neither seems to have inherited their father's passion for publicity. Do you agree? Can you elaborate on your answer.
02-25-2015 05:07 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2015 05:07 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  Guys, I just went over and read all of that dialogue, I care not to speak about all of the dialog. However, I am inquisitive about something, Jerry Jr. and Jonathan.

I have attended Jonathan's services 3 or 4 times and have nothing but praise for him. He appears to be the real deal and very modest. I think he even took one of his kids to my sister-in-law's home several years ago for some activity she was having for my niece and/or nephew. He pulls up and is just about as normal of a fellow as there is, greets my in-laws, drops off his kid, and leaves. Certainly not a person who was looking for any more attention than any other parent.

I do not know Jerry Jr. at all, but he too seems very content with just being a person who is trying to run a university the best way he knows and doing pretty well at it.

My question, neither seems to have inherited their father's passion for publicity. Do you agree? Can you elaborate on your answer.

I don't know them like that but one of the Falwell's bent over backward helping me get info for my class ring. And Jerry Jr. seems exactly like you said he just wants to run a school and do it well.
02-25-2015 05:35 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Expecting anyone regardless of relation to have a Jerry Falwell type of personality is foolish. Love him or hate him, he was a dynamic individual. Both of his sons have a great deal of confidence like their father but have probably learned some strong lessons through observing how their father was received. And for the record, I had classes with their sister when I was in school. She is now a brilliant surgeon.
02-26-2015 09:56 AM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
I'm not a Falwell apologist. Of course I don't agree with every comment he made, but those calling him a crook or bigot obviously didn't know the man. I got to know him a little while at liberty and I was always amazed at how personable he was.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-26-2015 10:36 AM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 05:07 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  Guys, I just went over and read all of that dialogue, I care not to speak about all of the dialog. However, I am inquisitive about something, Jerry Jr. and Jonathan.

As an observer for many years of the school, and little or none of the church, Jr. seems to be much wiser in actions he takes and places importance in how he is perceived. He seems to be a really bright guy who generally has made good decisions for the school. Exceptions to that are hiring former Va gov Bob McDonald and Matt Staver as law school dean. He seems to steer clear of controversial social and political issues which is wise.

I very much like the proactive, overt, publicly stated desire to move to FBS. Having the college prez in unison with the AD in wanting to be FBS is such an advantage for Liberty. There are a few LU fans on our board, that believe we may be many years from FBS inclusion, and some may even believe we're destined for FCS. They may not realize or comprehend the strong intent Jr. the AD have for FBS membership.

Jr. and AD Barber I believe are doing their best to achieve FBS memership. It's a hot topic that the JMU posts are screaming about now in the lack of school and athletic leadership. That seems to be LU's best asset.
02-26-2015 11:37 AM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-26-2015 11:37 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

As an observer for many years of the school, and little or none of the church, Jr. seems to be much wiser in actions he takes and places importance in how he is perceived. He seems to be a really bright guy who generally has made good decisions for the school. Exceptions to that are hiring former Va gov Bob McDonald and Matt Staver as law school dean. He seems to steer clear of controversial social and political issues which is wise.

I very much like the proactive, overt, publicly stated desire to move to FBS. Having the college prez in unison with the AD in wanting to be FBS is such an advantage for Liberty. There are a few LU fans on our board, that believe we may be many years from FBS inclusion, and some may even believe we're destined for FCS. They may not realize or comprehend the strong intent Jr. the AD have for FBS membership.

Jr. and AD Barber I believe are doing their best to achieve FBS memership. It's a hot topic that the JMU posts are screaming about now in the lack of school and athletic leadership. That seems to be LU's best asset.

Barber was hired during Jerry Falwell Sr.'s watch. Falwell the elder was a huge advocate for the advancement of Liberty athletics and strongly wanted FBS.
02-26-2015 12:44 PM
knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Wouldn't it be funny if the smaller conferences continued to cut off their noses despite their faces , and LU did end up in a larger conference in a few years. I still say sbc fans are scared of what LU football, baseball and women's bball could do in the short term in a division with App, ga st , ga so, troy, and USA.
02-26-2015 01:42 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-26-2015 01:42 PM)knucklehead Wrote:  Wouldn't it be funny if the smaller conferences continued to cut off their noses despite their faces , and LU did end up in a larger conference in a few years. I still say sbc fans are scared of what LU football, baseball and women's bball could do in the short term in a division with App, ga st , ga so, troy, and USA.
Those SBC posters who dish LU would never admit it, but it is true. LU has a greater upside than any of the current schools in the SBC. Those SBC naysayers get caught up with their extreme views and are unable to see the bigger picture of the potential of LU. I fully expect LU to get an invite or become independent, have a noticeable level of success after a period of years, improve their national awareness and appeal, and move beyond the entry level SBC or indy status. Should we take an SBC invite if offered? Absolutely. Is that the long term, answer all conference, no. We will gain FBS entry, have a level of success that makes us more attractive and then we'll be noticed as those leaving the SBC, C-USA, Big East and the ACC for better venues. It is going to happen in time.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 02:47 PM by NewTimes.)
02-26-2015 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.