Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What grade do you give Liberty for the McKay hire?
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Grade the McKay hire
Bookmark and Share
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Grade the McKay hire
Since we live in a society that immediately makes up their minds then let's all give a grade on what we think about the Richie McKay hire as our new men's basketball coach.
04-02-2015 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Highlander84 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Liberty
RE: Grade the McKay hire
Bright future for the Men's basketball @LU
04-02-2015 10:56 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
I think it's a solid long term hire. It's not like he quit before and moved to TX he just starting working at UVa. Also his daughters go to LU so he's pretty planted in VA.
04-02-2015 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
I will fully support him and wish him the best. He will alter my outlook on him once he has 1) elevated the program and 2) has tenure beyond 2 years, and 3) does not depart again for another personal reason.
04-02-2015 05:21 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
It wil be tough for him to not elevate the program. He certainly did so in brief stint the first time. I am not at all worried about him running off anytime soon. Count me among those considering this a strong A hire.
04-03-2015 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
Even though only 12 have voted so far on grading McKay, the results seem representative. 50% grade him an A. 25% a B, 16.67% a C, and 8.33% a D.

We can expect this to shift with his first recruiting class and transfers he is able to nab.
04-07-2015 09:03 PM
LUOrange Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU & Syracuse
"But we have to give them something that’s worthy of rooting for. We’ve got to give them the right representation on campus. Our student body has to feel like our guys are a part of them, not above them. We’ve got to give them a good product on the floor." -Coach McKay

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libert...4e5c9.html
04-11-2015 11:35 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

04-12-2015 07:52 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Grade the McKay hire
The Assistant Coaches don't seem very flashy, but that doesn't mean they are bad hires. Hopefully it's a great team that works well together and recruits hard.
04-14-2015 05:19 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(04-14-2015 05:19 PM)army56mike Wrote:  The Assistant Coaches don't seem very flashy, but that doesn't mean they are bad hires. Hopefully it's a great team that works well together and recruits hard.

They are the same coaches McKay had the first go around and it worked for two years. Let's hope round two works as well.
04-14-2015 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.