Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next Two Big Ones
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Next Two Big Ones
Next week @ S. Illinois and the following week @ Georgia St.

I know we can win both of them. However road games are tough and we could be up for a let down after the big win this week.

I don't think we've played our best game yet and are still winning. But there is always a chance for that annual clunker loss.

I am hoping we take them both. It would show great maturity and heart.
09-20-2015 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: Next Two Big Ones
I thought we played JMU this week? 05-stirthepot
09-20-2015 04:01 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
A let down is an area of concerns with so much hype around the Montana game. Even though So. Illy is winless, they are a member of the strong Missouri Valley conference. As LU can be expected to move into the top 10, the Salukis will likely look at Liberty as we looked at Montana, a needed statement win for 2015.

Just 3 games into the season, there seems to be a mindset and confidence around the 2015 Flames. The progression seems to be this:
- lost to Coastal at LU in 2013 on blocked kick, cost LU bid/invite
- lost to Richmond in 2014, perception LU still cannot win a big game
- win at Coastal in 204, gets monkey off back and 1st auto bid
- win at JMU in 2014 playoffs huge, perception begins to change about LU's mental toughness
- loss against Nova, against arguably the best QB in FCS, in a close, away game builds thirst and desire to equal and exceed beyond 2nd round of playoffs
- win against Montana, a win where LU never trailed and played, at times, superb defense, will gain further national attention for the LU program, and land LU in new top ranking Monday.
09-20-2015 04:45 PM
army56mike Offline

Next Two Big Ones
The thing that gives me hope is that I don't believe we have fired on all cylinders yet. Once we hit our potential... look out!
09-21-2015 07:48 PM
Advertisement

LUOrange Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU & Syracuse
Our defense was lights out in the 4th quarter and especially in the red zone. The O line needs to improve drastically. Woodrum is getting pressured way too much, which is the main reason his passes gets tipped alot and why our RB's didn't do as well. Obviously, we can't take too much away from the Grizzly DL, but still way too many tipped passes and rushes on Woodrum.
09-21-2015 09:45 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(09-21-2015 09:45 PM)LUOrange Wrote:  Our defense was lights out in the 4th quarter and especially in the red zone. The O line needs to improve drastically. Woodrum is getting pressured way too much, which is the main reason his passes gets tipped alot and why our RB's didn't do as well. Obviously, we can't take too much away from the Grizzly DL, but still way too many tipped passes and rushes on Woodrum.
Agree 100%. The "D" played really well, especially in the 4th quarter. We had not allowed a QB sack until the Montana and I believe we allowed 5. That's an adjustment the OL, and coaches need to make sooner to keep Woodrum healthy. And as LUO said, to many tipped and batted down passes and QB hurries.
09-22-2015 09:35 AM
army56mike Offline

Next Two Big Ones
The defensive backs made some clutch plays. I was very pleased.
09-22-2015 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.