Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFP Rankings
Bookmark and Share
07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
CFP Rankings
Alabama, Notre Dame get that big name bump. Memphis got screwed unsurprisingly
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 07:27 PM by 07owl.)
11-03-2015 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: CFP Rankings
(11-03-2015 07:25 PM)07owl Wrote:  Alabama, Notre Dame get that big name bump. Memphis got screwed unsurprisingly

How did Memphis get screwed exactly. They ranked them 13th. Also Temple 22, Toledo 24 and Houston 25. As long as this system is in place a NP5 school will probably get no higher than 10-12 until the last week of the rankings.
11-03-2015 08:06 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Notre dame being 5th is a joke. And memphis didn't get screwed at all. They set them up to be able to actually make a 4 team playoff if those top guys lose 1 and they go undefeated.
11-03-2015 08:08 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-03-2015 08:08 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  They set them up to be able to actually make a 4 team playoff if those top guys lose 1 and they go undefeated.

This well never happen until a school in the NP5 was to go 12-0, Beat their opponents heads in by 50 each game and keep most of the other guys off the score board.

Even then they would have most likely had to have started ranked somewhere around 15 or so.
11-03-2015 08:20 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
If you notice the panel of "experts" continues to dwindle without replacements and nobody says a word.

Roy Kramer continues to laugh at all of us.
11-03-2015 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
No non so called "power" 5 school will ever get into the 4 team playoff. If you actually think ni that then you are a moron to the core. 8 team playoff is our best hope.
11-03-2015 08:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
How in the heck is Alabama ranked no. 4? Maybe I could see it if they had already beat LSU but they lost to Ole Miss who lost to Memphis. This committee and their eye test criteria is a complete joke and worse than the BCS system.
11-03-2015 10:08 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-03-2015 10:08 PM)winston70 Wrote:  How in the heck is Alabama ranked no. 4? Maybe I could see it if they had already beat LSU but they lost to Ole Miss who lost to Memphis. This committee and their eye test criteria is a complete joke and worse than the BCS system.

This system was set up to get the same 8-12 programs in each year with a wildcard in every so often. Clemson is this weeks wildcard.
11-03-2015 10:18 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Everyone in the cartel needs a nice warm glass of c@ck to chug! What a big circle jerk. Anyone ever read "Animal Farm"?
11-03-2015 10:34 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
No surprises.....Time for the IRS to step in....
11-03-2015 10:38 PM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
Really isn't about who Alabama lost to, it's about how they're playing right now basically. Same way Ohio State lost to a weak VT last year and ended up winning out.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 10:56 PM by AlwaysSunny.)
11-03-2015 10:55 PM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

But it would have been who Memphis lost to if that was the senario. Not fooling anyone there Alwayssunny...
11-03-2015 10:59 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(11-03-2015 10:55 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  Really isn't about who Alabama lost to, it's about how they're playing right now basically. Same way Ohio State lost to a weak VT last year and ended up winning out.

So if LSU loses a close game to Bama Saturday then they should drop no more than down to number 4 and Bama moves up to number 2? I guess I just don't understand the committee's logic and letting the computers settle things would be more fair to everyone. I tend to doubt being fair is what the NCAA is looking for when it comes to FBS football.
11-03-2015 11:11 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
It's clear bias. Certain teams get the benefit of the doubt when winning OR losing and G5 teams will always have arguments against them when winning OR losing a game.

Not the CFP poll, but look at how Ole Miss literally took Alabama's top 4 spot in the coaches/ap polls after beating them that specific week while these same polls give Alabama the benefit of the doubt since they "beat themselves". You can't have it both ways. They reward the win and reward the loss to these big programs/and or their conference mate who beat them to make their loss look better. It's a joke.

edit: Calling it now: If Alabama beats LSU by less than 7 points in a close game, both schools stay in the top 4.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 02:07 AM by Shrack.)
11-04-2015 02:05 AM
keebler645 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
I don't agree with it, but if you're going to put Alabama and Notre Dame ahead of that many undefeateds because of SOS, fine. But you have to be consistent. And Ohio State at #3 isn't consistent. They haven't played anybody in the top 25 and only one game against any of the 38 teams receiving AP votes (#31 Penn State). Not to mention they've struggled heavily against some really average teams.

And how is Alabama that far ahead of Florida? Florida eviscerated Ole Miss at home while Bama lost at home to the Rebels. Florida's loss was a close road loss to #2 LSU. Both survived Tennessee at home and both massacred Georgia. Bama's wins over meh Wisconsin and A&M can't account for that much of a difference.
11-04-2015 02:55 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(11-04-2015 02:55 AM)keebler645 Wrote:  I don't agree with it, but if you're going to put Alabama and Notre Dame ahead of that many undefeateds because of SOS, fine. But you have to be consistent. And Ohio State at #3 isn't consistent. They haven't played anybody in the top 25 and only one game against any of the 38 teams receiving AP votes (#31 Penn State). Not to mention they've struggled heavily against some really average teams.

And how is Alabama that far ahead of Florida? Florida eviscerated Ole Miss at home while Bama lost at home to the Rebels. Florida's loss was a close road loss to #2 LSU. Both survived Tennessee at home and both massacred Georgia. Bama's wins over meh Wisconsin and A&M can't account for that much of a difference.
I agree, you can't tell me that Alabama's reputation doesn't help keep them higher than they should be. Baylor's schedule is close to Ohio State's and they have been crushing teams, why not Baylor up there?
11-04-2015 06:07 AM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Its unreal. This biased system. SEC teams just swap positions when they play each other and beat each other. They are assumed to have the best SOS because they are in the SEC, which is a double whammy. Big 12 continues to get screwed because of not having a title game.

G5 teams get no respect, however, Memphis at 13 with 2 too 25 games left, have a chance if others lose. And even if they don't, if they go undefeated, and end up 7th or 8th, thatll stir the 8 team expansion pot. I cant wait to see what happens when 6 teams end undefeated lol
11-04-2015 09:46 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Simulated BCS rankings http://www.colleyrankings.com/curBcsLike.html Should have just kept this formula rather than putting it in the hands of a committee.
11-04-2015 09:58 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(11-03-2015 10:08 PM)winston70 Wrote:  How in the heck is Alabama ranked no. 4? Maybe I could see it if they had already beat LSU but they lost to Ole Miss who lost to Memphis. This committee and their eye test criteria is a complete joke and worse than the BCS system.

Strength of schedule....

Here's the question.. Look at the eye test between Alabama and Florida.

Both are 7-1, Alabama lost to Ole Piss
Florida lost to LSU.

How is Alabama #4 and Florida #9???
I do think Memphis should be a little higher though.. top 6? Nope.. maybe like 7th or 8th.

And I do believe Ohio State is NOT a top 4 team right now.

If I had to choose: 1) Clemson 2) LSU 3) Baylor (but they have a lousy SOS) 4) Notre Dame (Only loss is to a 2pter to Clemson).

Alabama, Ohio State, Memphis, Iowa and Florida can all make arguments for being in the top 10.,. but not the top 4
11-04-2015 10:01 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2015 10:55 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  Really isn't about who Alabama lost to, it's about how they're playing right now basically. Same way Ohio State lost to a weak VT last year and ended up winning out.

Barely beat Tennessee at home is impressive?
11-04-2015 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.