Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jordan Shepherd
Bookmark and Share
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Jordan Shepherd
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/sport.../76360590/

Apparently it's down to JMU and DePaul for this 2016 PG prospect. The only thing that worries me is that he visited JMU last weekend during a poor showing at the Men Against Breast Cancer tourney. Would be a good get for JMU with the final scholarship (at this point) for 2016.
11-26-2015 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

s2dsayer Offline
All American

I Root For: Duuuuukes
RE: Jordan Shepherd
I think we have the edge...he already plays in the "CAA"! 02-13-banana
11-26-2015 12:37 PM
JMU13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
The environment was great for the FIU game...hopefully he was there for that.
11-26-2015 01:26 PM
Dukes 92 Offline
Water Engineer

New arenas have a huge impact on college athletics,” said Leitao who coached the Blue Demons to the NCAA tournament and a pair of NIT appearances in 2002-05 before moving on to Virginia. “It’s kind of like an arms race. You want to be on the cutting edge of facilities for your student-athletes to be successful.

“I was an assistant coach at Connecticut when they built a new building which has been the springboard for success ever since. I was the head coach at Virginia when a new arena was such a big deal that it put a new face on the program.

Catholic university with new 10,000 seat state of the art basketball arena coming online 2017-2018 season. We may be the underdog for this kid...
11-27-2015 09:59 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

You would think so- Harrisonburg is closer to home (Asheville NC) and from what I've heard of Asheville the Burg will feel more like home as well- not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Also FWIW his feed is full of a couple of tweets that comment on how two mid major guards are leading the NBA in scoring (Curry and Lillard). Wouldn't consider DePaul a mid major- JMU clearly is one.
11-27-2015 11:30 AM
GoJMUDukes Offline
Special Teams

Does he have a decision date set?
11-27-2015 11:39 AM
Advertisement

UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
Would be a heck of a get without COA to offer.
11-27-2015 03:15 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Phenom Hoops has him rated 15 or 16 overall for state of North Carolina and no. 4 point guard. Three ahead of him going to ACC. Dondre Griffin is 22 overall or thereabouts. Lehigh guard on Portland also doing well.
11-27-2015 03:24 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

He's going to announce on Friday....JMU is in his top 4.
01-05-2016 03:49 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2016 03:49 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  He's going to announce on Friday....JMU is in his top 4.

Nice- the others are DePaul, Southeast Missouri and Duquesne. I notice that the Dukes often recruit against DePaul (Leitao) and Murray State for prospects.
01-05-2016 04:05 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

Who would want to play for Leitao, that guy is a 'tool'
01-05-2016 04:23 PM
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Leitao seems to have some connections to the area still- his son was a recruit a few years ago (JMU was involved) that dropped off the map.

If I'm Shepherd and looking at the 4 schools it comes to down to this.

JMU is the closest to home (family could drive to his games) and offers the combination of a chance for immediate playing time for a program that is having some success and plays in a solid conference. At a minimum next years team with him on it will be good with everyone who is coming back. He's a PG prospect and can easily see that the two PG's the he follows (Moore and Curry) both enjoyed a high level of success in the system.

Southeast Missouri State plays in the OVC and isn't very good so I am discounting them.

DePaul and Duquesne play in better conferences obviously but I think that in both cases that's not a good thing as I don't see either competing for NCAA bids due to the competition in their conferences anytime soon. If you look at both rosters he would have competition at PG either in his recruiting class or the year ahead of him (DePaul has another PG commit for 2016, Duquesne has a red shirt sophomore PG from Nebraska sitting out).

DePaul and Duquesne both pay COA though. Here's hoping all the positives of JMU can overcome the COA here.
01-06-2016 07:07 AM
JMU13 Offline
Special Teams

Listen guys,

We need this recruit. We saw how much of an impact commenting/tweeting about College Gameday did...why not do the same thing for Shepherd? Blow up his twitter telling him to come to JMU? Most of these guys want to feel like a star..and will go where they are loved.
01-06-2016 08:40 AM
jmu98 Offline
All American

(01-06-2016 08:40 AM)JMU13 Wrote:  Listen guys,

We need this recruit. We saw how much of an impact commenting/tweeting about College Gameday did...why not do the same thing for Shepherd? Blow up his twitter telling him to come to JMU? Most of these guys want to feel like a star..and will go where they are loved.

Not sure if you are joking or not, but that would be an NCAA violation. Boosters may not have contact with recruits other than normal pleasantries or it can result in a violation.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 09:06 AM by jmu98.)
01-06-2016 09:05 AM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Jordan Shepherd
(01-06-2016 09:05 AM)jmu98 Wrote:  

Not sure if you are joking or not, but that would be an NCAA violation. Boosters may not have contact with recruits other than normal pleasantries or it can result in a violation.

While that only applies to persons who have donated to the Duke Club now or in the past, overall, I would say that the twitter thing is in poor taste. Even if you have never donated to JMU, it opens the school up to a lot of scrutiny from the NCAA as they would be worried of violations.
01-06-2016 05:03 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

(01-06-2016 05:03 PM)CISDuke2014 Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:05 AM)jmu98 Wrote:  

While that only applies to persons who have donated to the Duke Club now or in the past, overall, I would say that the twitter thing is in poor taste. Even if you have never donated to JMU, it opens the school up to a lot of scrutiny from the NCAA as they would be worried of violations.

The definition of booster is wider than just donating dollars and includes anyone who has in any way promoted University athletics which can be looked at broadly.
01-06-2016 05:10 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
He just committed to JMU
01-08-2016 01:53 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

Excellent news!!!
01-08-2016 02:02 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

Yes it is....I really like this kid.
01-08-2016 02:31 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

I guess he missed the Elon loss :)
01-08-2016 02:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.