Thread Closed 
Big Ten Moderator Nominations/Election
Bookmark and Share
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Folks, we've been given the go-ahead to elect a second Big Ten moderator. The selected individual will be a moderator throughout the Big Ten section with me. We have to figure out if they will be on CS/CR as well.

Here are the rules:
1) You cannot nominate yourself.
2) Its going to be an open election. Meaning you can nominate more than one person.
3) We're putting a time limit on this. I'm thinking by 11:59 PM, Sunday January 24th. At that time I'll lock the thread and we'll total things up. If we can close it sooner we will, but I'll give 24 hours notice. Leading us to rule 4.
4) The existing team of admins, mods and super mods will vet the top voted candidates as the final step of the process. This may seem a little anti-democratic, but from past moderator elections across this site its been the process that's been used and has worked rather well.
5) The overwhelming majority of the decision is on you guys. So choose wisely and seriously. Make sure its someone you want to represent you and work with.

Have at it!
01-15-2016 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
RE: Big Ten Moderator Nominations/Election
So would we have to study and know the whole AUP to be a Mod?
01-15-2016 05:33 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-15-2016 05:33 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  So would we have to study and know the whole AUP to be a Mod?

It's more like Pirates of the Caribbean with regard to AUP, "They are more or less ....guidelines!"
01-15-2016 06:25 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
07-coffee3
01-17-2016 01:41 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
Short answer...H1, Ohio or Dexter.
01-17-2016 07:08 AM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline

Donators
(01-15-2016 06:25 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(01-15-2016 05:33 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  So would we have to study and know the whole AUP to be a Mod?

It's more like Pirates of the Caribbean with regard to AUP, "They are more or less ....guidelines!"

As JR has said. Best way to describe it is being there to keep the peace.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 02:12 PM by brista21.)
01-17-2016 02:11 PM
Jimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

DexterDevil seems to be organized and cares. So, DexterDevil would be my nominee.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 12:06 PM by Jimmy.)
01-18-2016 12:06 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

Sometimes a Mod that people dont like can be the best mod. H1 for president.
01-19-2016 07:20 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
I too nominate Dexter if he wants it.
01-19-2016 10:08 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
If my opinion mattered, ohio1317 gets the nod and if ohio1317 doesn't want it, then I nominate dexter.
01-20-2016 07:43 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-20-2016 07:43 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  If my opinion mattered, ohio1317 gets the nod and if ohio1317 doesn't want it, then I nominate dexter.

Nothing personal but I don't think we someone chiming in whom is a supermoderator of the particular conference in question which continues to turn Big Ten threads on the main forum into opportunities to badger on about how their conference has done better in realignment.

I am sure you would love to have another moderator that is the epitomy of polite but...that is part of the current problem. Our mods have been polite while all other mods get emotionally invested when they take part.

What we want is equality.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016 11:46 PM by He1nousOne.)
01-20-2016 11:46 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(01-20-2016 11:46 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(01-20-2016 07:43 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  If my opinion mattered, ohio1317 gets the nod and if ohio1317 doesn't want it, then I nominate dexter.

Nothing personal but I don't think we someone chiming in whom is a supermoderator of the particular conference in question which continues to turn Big Ten threads on the main forum into opportunities to badger on about how their conference has done better in realignment.

I am sure you would love to have another moderator that is the epitomy of polite but...that is part of the current problem. Our mods have been polite while all other mods get emotionally invested when they take part.

CP has always been one of the few mods that have helped this board (The B1G Time) in my opinion. But you are right, we need someone who can call it down the middle, while equalizing the powers that are the modding team.
01-21-2016 12:15 AM
brista21 Offline

Donators
Well since I get a vote as well, I nominate Ohio and Dexter.

On another note, we're going to close this later this weekend, so if you're out there and haven't chimed in, please do so.
01-21-2016 10:08 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Re: RE: Big Ten Moderator Nominations/Election
(01-20-2016 11:46 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

That's fair. I wouldn't want a puppet either. I'd want someone that can come to me and say _____ needs to chill out in the same fashion he'd tell you or a B1G fan to chill out. So yea, wanting equality is a fair request.

If I ever used my supermod status to push any B1G fan around, I'll apologize.
01-21-2016 11:53 AM
brista21 Offline

Donators
Since there's not a ton of activity on this, we're going to close this a day earlier. 11:59 PM EST on Saturday. I said if we had changes I'd announce at least 24 hours in advance and this serves as that notice. So get in there if you haven't yet.
01-21-2016 01:55 PM
He1nousOne Offline

Seriously though, the last thing we need is another pushover or someone that is going to cut and run when they find themselves the odd man out in the moderator ranks.

If it isn't me then I would put my vote in for Dexter. At least he shows some balls when it comes to standing up to all the bull**** people spout about the Big Ten AND Big Ten posters. I don't want to see us get a moderator that turns into a puppet for the ACC and SEC mobs just like how the PAC mod has. He actually tells ACC folks on the board when posts have and havnt been reported on. It's gotten that ridiculous around here.

Give us a passive mod that gets walked over, like the last one, and nothing changes. Don't even know why I am bothering. The Supermod and our "supposed" mod have already made it clear that they are railroading this.

This is only f'n happening because I brought it up. That's what these Supermods and mods aren't telling you guys. I made the effort to do something to try to help. Otherwise this wouldn't even be happening. It is called "coopting". So sorry, I am not going to stay quiet about it even after you pick your sanitized poster that isn't going to do a god damned thing around here to actually help and speak up for Big Ten posters when ACC and SEC posters are mobbing up with their non truth based garbage and their mods that selectively cut and delete posts of the people responding to said mobs.

That's why they set this up in the fashion that they did so that a person couldn't sell themselves to the people who would actually vote. That's probably why we don't have very much participation. What's the point? You got mods and supermods all over the thread basically saying who they are going to pick.

I'm telling you folks, I have been a moderator before. I have seen the boatload of **** that immediately gets dumped on your feet. It isn't just **** that you want to deal with, its **** you don't want to deal with and a lot of it. These guys are keeping you in the dark big time.

The last guy that they picked in this manner ran off and our current mod can only spend a couple months a year with us because of this. They want you to pick ignorantly. Well, sorry, I don't play by rules that are made simply in order to railroad.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 08:15 AM by He1nousOne.)
01-21-2016 06:22 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(01-21-2016 06:22 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Seriously though, the last thing we need is another pushover or someone that is going to cut and run when they find themselves the odd man out in the moderator ranks.

If it isn't me then I would put my vote in for Dexter. At least he shows some balls when it comes to standing up to all the bull**** people spout about the Big Ten AND Big Ten posters. I don't want to see us get a moderator that turns into a puppet for the ACC and SEC mobs just like how the PAC mod has. He actually tells ACC folks on the board when posts have and havnt been reported on. It's gotten that ridiculous around here.

Give us a passive mod that gets walked over, like the last one, and nothing changes. Don't even know why I am bothering. The Supermod and our "supposed" mod have already made it clear that they are railroading this.

This is only f'n happening because I brought it up. That's what these Supermods and mods aren't telling you guys. I made the effort to do something to try to help. Otherwise this wouldn't even be happening. It is called "coopting". So sorry, I am not going to stay quiet about it even after you pick your sanitized poster that isn't going to do a god damned thing around here to actually help and speak up for Big Ten posters when ACC and SEC posters are mobbing up with their non truth based garbage and their mods that selectively cut and delete posts of the people responding to said mobs.

That's why they set this up in the fashion that they did so that a person couldn't sell themselves to the people who would actually vote. That's probably why we don't have very much participation. What's the point? You got mods and supermods all over the thread basically saying who they are going to pick.

I'm telling you folks, I have been a moderator before. I have seen the boatload of **** that immediately gets dumped on your feet. It isn't just **** that you want to deal with, its **** you don't want to deal with and a lot of it. These guys are keeping you in the dark big time.

The last guy that they picked in this manner ran off and our current mod can only spend a couple months a year with us because of this. They want you to pick ignorantly. Well, sorry, I don't play by rules that are made simply in order to railroad.

Well at least that Nebraska fan hasn't been nominated 03-lmfao it'd be game over for us all.
01-22-2016 09:16 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.