Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT It gets worse at Baylor
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
It looks as though Baylor admins tried to coerce victims with threat of punishment and telling their parents for violating school rules. If true, it makes it actually worse than the cover up/non reporting of Penn State.

http://deadspin.com/report-baylor-coerce...socialflow

*for clarity sake, I believe this would make the cover up worse or equally as horrific.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 10:04 AM by jaredf29.)
07-31-2016 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: OT It gets worse at Baylor
maybe the Big 12 can add 5 and subtract 1.
07-31-2016 11:28 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
If a private, religious Baptist university needs oversight on determining what is ethically and morally right vs. wrong, then perhaps they shouldn't be considered a religious university.

Absolutely shameful.
07-31-2016 11:38 AM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
It's as if no one is the least bit shocked that this happened at a "religious" school.
07-31-2016 12:06 PM
NotANewbie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tennesse, NMSU
(07-31-2016 12:06 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  It's as if no one is the least bit shocked that this happened at a "religious" school.

Maybe I'm not shocked, but certainly chagrined.

Having taught at a couple of religiously affiliated universities, I've seen many cases in which espoused values were not followed in practice. However it still bothers me.
07-31-2016 12:49 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(07-31-2016 12:06 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  It's as if no one is the least bit shocked that this happened at a "religious" school.

Why should we be shocked? I don't expect religious schools to have worse moral character than non-religious ones, but I certainly don't expect them to have better character either.
07-31-2016 01:02 PM
Advertisement

upstater1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(07-31-2016 10:02 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  It looks as though Baylor admins tried to coerce victims with threat of punishment and telling their parents for violating school rules. If true, it makes it actually worse than the cover up/non reporting of Penn State.

*for clarity sake, I believe this would make the cover up worse or equally as horrific.

The real surprise is that people believe this doesn't happen regularly. It happened at Tennessee recently, a few other schools, like BYU, and it even happened years ago at LSU and Washington both under Mark Emmert's watch.

http://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/op-e...enn-state/

Look up the Roc Alexander case in particular. After Emmert took over in 2004, someone pressured the victim in the ADs office.
07-31-2016 02:20 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Boot 'em, they should have never been in our spot in the first place.
07-31-2016 02:40 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I cant believe they are going to bring in BYU with the honor code basically the same thing...

If you come tell, you violate the honor code....
07-31-2016 03:16 PM
bearforce Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 02:40 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Boot 'em, they should have never been in our spot in the first place.
How is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
07-31-2016 03:35 PM
bearforce Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 03:16 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  I cant believe they are going to bring in BYU with the honor code basically the same thing...

If you come tell, you violate the honor code....
BYU is getting scrutiny over that and I'm betting things will be adjusted.

As for my alma mater, I'm all for an honor code but you have to see the forest for the trees and apparently there are some that apparently lacked the common sense to do that and I hope they are now unemployed.

07-31-2016 03:38 PM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
So nothing new happened, right? We're still talking about the same thing that already happened?
07-31-2016 03:39 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(07-31-2016 03:35 PM)bearforce Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 02:40 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Boot 'em, they should have never been in our spot in the first place.
How is that?

They were one of if not the worst program in the country all throughout the 90's and up until Briles got there, and they are now proving it in another way with their rape crimes.
07-31-2016 03:41 PM
bearforce Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 02:20 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 10:02 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  It looks as though Baylor admins tried to coerce victims with threat of punishment and telling their parents for violating school rules. If true, it makes it actually worse than the cover up/non reporting of Penn State.

The real surprise is that people believe this doesn't happen regularly. It happened at Tennessee recently, a few other schools, like BYU, and it even happened years ago at LSU and Washington both under Mark Emmert's watch.

http://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/op-e...enn-state/

Look up the Roc Alexander case in particular. After Emmert took over in 2004, someone pressured the victim in the ADs office.
Interesting but still inexcusable, but to your point even the military struggles with the underage drinking, adultery, and other what I would call secondary charges (charges because in the military they are criminal offenses) in regards to the circumstances surrounding serial assault.

07-31-2016 03:44 PM
bearforce Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(07-31-2016 03:41 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 03:35 PM)bearforce Wrote:  
How is that?

They were one of if not the worst program in the country all throughout the 90's and up until Briles got there, and they are now proving it in another way with their rape crimes.
Throughout the 1990s huh? Thats odd as I graduated in 1995 and only remember not going to a bowl once. How about Houston during that time. Oh by the way how about all the NCAA infractions you racked up in the 80s and 90s. How about your attendance, even during the Andre Ware days? Not saying Baylor deserved anything but if they did it was sure more deserving in 1996 when the Big 12 started than Houston.

Oh and PS, you still need our vote so you best play nice.

07-31-2016 03:49 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
Judge: Federal lawsuit against Baylor University can proceed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...story.html
03-08-2017 10:46 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Obviously a university can't sexually assault anyone.

They're just going after Baylor, rather than the individuals who took it upon themselves to actually commit the crimes (and by that I mean covering up the sexual assaults), because they'll get a larger payout.

I imagine it will be settled out of court for X millions of dollars, and they'll sign a non-disclosure contract. That will be that, and we won't hear of it again.

With any hope, Baylor has massively overhauled its policies, such that individuals in its administration can't ever take it upon themselves to commit these crimes again!
03-08-2017 12:18 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(03-08-2017 12:18 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  Obviously a university can't sexually assault anyone.

They're just going after Baylor, rather than the individuals who took it upon themselves to actually commit the crimes (and by that I mean covering up the sexual assaults), because they'll get a larger payout.

I imagine it will be settled out of court for X millions of dollars, and they'll sign a non-disclosure contract. That will be that, and we won't hear of it again.

With any hope, Baylor has massively overhauled its policies, such that individuals in its administration can't ever take it upon themselves to commit these crimes again!

yea, just once, I'd like a plaintiff and their attorney to say..."No NDA, you're going to disclose how much hush money you paid"
03-08-2017 12:35 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
03-13-2017 11:04 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-13-2017 11:04 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/kevinoncfb/status/84...2993015808

Baylor dismissed Assoc. Dir. for Football Operations DeMarcko Butler, who was hired last month. Was sending inappropriate texts to teenager.

So is he going to Liberty too?
03-13-2017 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.