Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio St
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Ohio St
As my earlier posts indicated, I didn't think Tulsa had any chance against OSU and nothing in the game changed that but.....and it's a big but.....Tulsa, the team played better than the Tulsa coaching staff did. With 3 minutes to go in the first half, it was 6-3 and Tulsa had actually been playing pretty good, especially the defense.....not pretty good, unbelievable!!! I thought Tulsa would run the ball 3 times, take a minute to a minute and half off the clock and kick it to OSU since the defense was doing so good. Go in at halftime 6-3 as a big winner......Tulsa celebrating, OSU with their heads down. The defense comes out in the 2nd half feeling good about what they've done and continues trying as hard as they could. Tulsa doesn't have the size or speed of OSU and Tulsa loses 24-6 and OSU and the media say that Tulsa is a lot better than we thought. Unfortunately the coaches got involved and decided two consecutive positions at the end of the first half we need to pass from the opponents 20 yard line......why, I have no idea....the first pass was WHY......the 2nd one was unbelievable, the commentators were even going nuts about it......why are we passing with 20 seconds to go on the opponents 20 yd line.......as the commentators said, after playing a really good first half going in 13-3, Tulsa was still in the game.......instead OSU goes in celebrating and Tulsa is hanging there heads. OSU comes out all fired up and Tulsa says, we just have a half to play. THANKS, COACHING STAFF!!
09-11-2016 03:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
RE: Ohio St
My opine is that the coaches were taking a gamble that they needed big plays to win or even stay close. But with the wet field and rainy conditions, there weren't a lot of options left on the table but to pass because Ohio St was loading up the box. That first interception was off KL's hands and was a definite momentum game changer. But if we had come out running the ball, I get the idea the coaches just didn't think they'd have a chance.

I just don't like the idea of scheduling games like these where its "just a paycheck". Gragg is just going to keep doing this as often as he can and then sayng he has no other choice. I'm not always a big fan of Athletic Directors who just do things for the money because its always at the expense of winning. Its obvious he just isn't concerned with jeopardizing the teams and the coaching staffs for the quick buck. But in the end they will be gone sooner because they see they are just being used for an athletic directors purposes of rewarding his/her buds on the AD staff. Most ADs just don't care about what occurs on the field as much as at the bank.

If you were a coach, would you want to stay in a place where vitually every year there was a built in loss or two on the schedule? I wouldn't.

And when will Ohio St come to Tulsa and play a game with us in front of our fans and with our refs?

Oh well, at least we are no worse than 1 and 1 OU or 1 and 1 OK St. Both "upset" by so called inferior teams. So when all is said and done, we are where we thought we'd be at this point - a team with one win and one loss. We need to win this week in convincing fashion.

So lets get back to winning this week and beat that NC A@T bunch from __________ (fill in blank?) North Carolina?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016 11:56 AM by rabidTU2.)
09-11-2016 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.