Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What does Wake Forest bring to the ACC?
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I'm still waiting for WakeForestRanger to give a valid reason since he wants to hit everyone's reputation over it. Figured it deserves its own thread lol.
10-13-2016 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: What does Wake Forest bring to the ACC?
Brian's Song
Arnie's Army
Tim Duncan

Also, Lawrence-Joel Coliseum is probably the most comfortable basketball arena I have ever sat in (though to be fair I've never been to the Yum Center or some others)

That's a start...

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using CSNbbs mobile app
10-13-2016 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
History - WF's history w/ a number of ACC schools, most notably the NC ones, makes them an attractive opponent for a number of ACC teams - even some of the bread winners.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 08:49 AM by nzmorange.)
10-13-2016 08:47 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
No issue with Wake at all...plus they have a very solid Basketball history...07-coffee3
10-13-2016 08:50 AM
Advertisement

Tech Savy Offline
Banned

I Root For: JOSH PASTNER
(10-13-2016 08:50 AM)Maize Wrote:  No issue with Wake at all...plus they have a very solid Basketball history...07-coffee3

2 NCAA Tournaments in 11 years...07-coffee3
10-13-2016 10:40 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
So who would be the replacement? Connecticut or Cincinnati ?
10-18-2016 11:09 AM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(10-18-2016 11:09 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  So who would be the replacement? Connecticut or Cincinnati ?

No one is replacing WF, especially two Big East also-rans.
10-24-2016 04:08 PM
Advertisement

Tech Savy Offline
Banned

I Root For: JOSH PASTNER
(10-24-2016 04:08 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  
(10-18-2016 11:09 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  So who would be the replacement? Connecticut or Cincinnati ?

No one is replacing WF, especially two Big East also-rans.

If those two are also-rans what does that make Wake? UConn won the national title 3 years ago and Cincinnati has made 6 straight NCAA's and 5 straight bowl games. Those two look like the New York Yankees compared to Wake.
10-25-2016 12:39 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Wake Forest brings the conference a private school that has shown in the past that they are more than willing to put the best interests of the conference ahead of what would be best for them. Despite the fact that they haven't had huge amounts of success in the sport they typically tend to side with the football side more than the basketball side, and they serve as a moderate voice in the middle. They are also able as a private school that everybody trusts to handle delicate negotiations, contacts, etc. in secret because they aren't subject to FOIA requests. Neither of the AAC schools listed above can replace this very valuable service that Wake provides the ACC. BB&T Stadium is one of the best football venues to watch a game, and Wake fans are always first class.

And has been mentioned on these boards many times if you are looking to dump someone you have focused in on the wrong team from Yankee Carolina. The one we should be replacing is NC State. Wake can at least point to their size and status as a private school as to why they aren't more competitive....NC State is a large public school.
10-25-2016 01:50 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
Kap, if you have the mojo to prevail on UNC to allow us to go in trade for someone else who no longer fits their conference my hats off to you. NC State would be better off in the B10 or SEC although we would not be able to compete in football in either conference, basketball and Olympic sports would be fine and we would be freed of the UNC entanglement like TAMU freed itself.

Hell, we might even high a dynamic coach again for a revenue sport, the kind we use to hire until the programs were gutted in the early 90's.

Why not seek to replace us with Purdue, MSU, or even Vandy or NW - they don't bring programs but Nashville and Chicago beat Raleigh.

Help us out and you can get us off your schedule which you see as a waste.

Find that one or two super rams with ties to the BOG and help us out.
11-06-2016 09:06 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Online
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
NC State for Auburn or Michigan State, any takers?
11-06-2016 12:36 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-06-2016 09:06 AM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  Kap, if you have the mojo to prevail on UNC to allow us to go in trade for someone else who no longer fits their conference my hats off to you. NC State would be better off in the B10 or SEC although we would not be able to compete in football in either conference, basketball and Olympic sports would be fine and we would be freed of the UNC entanglement like TAMU freed itself.

Hell, we might even high a dynamic coach again for a revenue sport, the kind we use to hire until the programs were gutted in the early 90's.

Why not seek to replace us with Purdue, MSU, or even Vandy or NW - they don't bring programs but Nashville and Chicago beat Raleigh.

Help us out and you can get us off your schedule which you see as a waste.

Find that one or two super rams with ties to the BOG and help us out.

We tried to trade you to the SEC but all they would offer in return was Vandy and they wanted a 2nd and third round draft pick and a case of game ready footballs to boot. We tried to counter for Tennessee's scout team but they wouldn't go for that.

We tried to trade you to the Big 10 but they laughed, said something about community college level academics and hung up the phone.

We tried to trade you to the AAC for ECU since at least they have shown they can win games against ACC teams with winning records but Debbie Yow complained that the AAC was too competitive for NCSU and exercised her no trade clause.

At this point we are in negotiations with the Sun Belt and Southern Conference. Not sure how either is going to work out as the Sun Belt says that Georgia State is a fair trade and the SoCon had some initial concerns about having a large public school dominate the league like App State and Georgia Southern did but they seem to be coming around after looking at your records in football and basketball the last 25 years.

We have feelers out to the NCHSAA to see if we can get a two for one deal. NC State for East Wake and North Davidson. That looks promising.
11-06-2016 12:45 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well they are the one team my Wolfpack always seems to enjoy losing too!
11-11-2018 01:35 PM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad

The Deacon Blues?
08-07-2019 02:33 PM
Garrettabc Online
All American

I Root For: Florida State
Can we talk about this again?
12-20-2023 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.