Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Letter from George H.W. Bush to Bill Clinton
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Letter from George H.W. Bush to Bill Clinton
http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news...src=usn_fb

A lot has happened in 22 1/2 years. It would be nice if we could get a little more civility back into our politics.

And by the way, if Hillary wants to gain some more momentum, I think she should start floating out some prominent Republican names as people she'd like to see on her cabinet (or maybe she has already done so and I missed it). If she says she'll put Romney and Jeb Bush on her cabinet, I think it will help bring in a few more Republican/Independent voters. Maybe.
10-20-2016 06:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Letter from George H.W. Bush to Bill Clinton
(10-20-2016 06:30 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news...src=usn_fb

A lot has happened in 22 1/2 years. It would be nice if we could get a little more civility back into our politics.

My respect grew with time for Bush Sr. Not a great president, but underrated imo. Far better than our choices now.
10-20-2016 07:02 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-20-2016 06:30 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news...src=usn_fb

And by the way, if Hillary wants to gain some more momentum, I think she should start floating out some prominent Republican names as people she'd like to see on her cabinet (or maybe she has already done so and I missed it). If she says she'll put Romney and Jeb Bush on her cabinet, I think it will help bring in a few more Republican/Independent voters. Maybe.

And 8 years later, Bill and Al's people trashed the White House and sabatoged computers as George HW Bush's son came into the White House. The Clinton's are incapable of civility.
10-20-2016 09:34 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-20-2016 07:02 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

My respect grew with time for Bush Sr. Not a great president, but underrated imo. Far better than our choices now.

He artfully managed the collapse of the Soviet Union and fall of the iron curtain. He brought the world together to drive Sadaam Hussein out of Kuwait and protected the Kurds. He had the sense to know when to stop and the casualties were almost all Iraqi soldiers, not civilians.
10-20-2016 09:36 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(10-20-2016 09:36 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 07:02 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

He artfully managed the collapse of the Soviet Union and fall of the iron curtain. He brought the world together to drive Sadaam Hussein out of Kuwait and protected the Kurds. He had the sense to know when to stop and the casualties were almost all Iraqi soldiers, not civilians.

and after all of that, and a decent economy, the people voted in the rapist and his tyrannical wife.
10-20-2016 10:03 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

His biggest failing was that the Republicans had been in office for 12 years and a lot of the good people like James Baker had left DC. He lost a little touch with what was going on in the country. The economy was improving and the numbers showed that, but a lot of people weren't feeling it yet and his advisers had him go fishing to look outdoorsy and tough. It made him look uncaring. That sort of stuff cost him the election. Along with the windbag from Dallas bashing him all the time and Pat Buchanan.
10-20-2016 10:09 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(10-20-2016 10:09 AM)bullet Wrote:  His biggest failing was that the Republicans had been in office for 12 years and a lot of the good people like James Baker had left DC. He lost a little touch with what was going on in the country. The economy was improving and the numbers showed that, but a lot of people weren't feeling it yet and his advisers had him go fishing to look outdoorsy and tough. It made him look uncaring. That sort of stuff cost him the election. Along with the windbag from Dallas bashing him all the time and Pat Buchanan.

If I recall correctly, the economy was clearly in recovery but the MSM avoided that topic like the plague. Odd.
10-20-2016 10:50 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(10-20-2016 06:30 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  And by the way, if Hillary wants to gain some more momentum, I think she should start floating out some prominent Republican names as people she'd like to see on her cabinet (or maybe she has already done so and I missed it). If she says she'll put Romney and Jeb Bush on her cabinet, I think it will help bring in a few more Republican/Independent voters. Maybe.

She's going to win in what could be the worst performance by a Republican since Goldwater. She doesn't like Republicans and thinks half the country is deplorable racists/misogynists/redneck/evil white conservatives. Why would she remotely look to have Republicans in her Cabinet if she thinks we are all like that?

Bernie Sanders has more of a chance of a Cabinet position than Romney, and Jill Stein has more chance of a Cabinet position than Jeb Bush.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 11:22 AM by Lord Stanley.)
10-20-2016 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.