Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Status on investigation into wake forest playbook
Cody6003 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisville
What is the status of wake forest's investigation of their playbook scandal. They made it a national news issue so we need a national news response when they close their investigation and publish the results.
11-23-2016 03:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

RE: Status on investigation into wake forest playbook
I wouldn't hold my breath on this, if I were you.
11-23-2016 06:20 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
I would hope that John Swofford would issue a Conference statement regarding the outcome of WF's investigation. After all, WF informed John Swofford after going to the press with the accusation/suspicion.
11-23-2016 08:23 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
What investigative tools does anybody involved have at their disposal in this matter?
11-24-2016 11:06 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

This whole thing seems to be poorly handled by WF. If you don't have any evidence of wrongdoing then why take it to the media? Take it to the commissioner & then IF any wrongdoing is discovered then notify the media with a punishment. You don't allude to the media that a conference member is cheating & then just let it dangle there without any evidence, details or updates.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 11:43 AM by Lenvillecards.)
11-24-2016 11:42 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(11-24-2016 11:06 AM)ken d Wrote:  What investigative tools does anybody involved have at their disposal in this matter?
Magic 8-ball

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using CSNbbs mobile app
11-24-2016 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-23-2016 03:53 PM)Cody6003 Wrote:  What is the status of wake forest's investigation of their playbook scandal. They made it a national news issue so we need a national news response when they close their investigation and publish the results.

Don't know. Why don't you FOI Wake and get the information you desire?

Oh wait....
11-24-2016 12:17 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I have a feeling WF is going to "CNN" this investigation.
11-24-2016 12:24 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Wakes next football game Louisville will be their Wake ! 07-coffee3
11-24-2016 12:32 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I'm pretty sure Dr. Hatch reads the Wake Forest board. Maybe a post there would get a response form him??
11-24-2016 01:26 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Why are people assuming they don't have anything? That seems like a real leap to me. Maybe they're just taking their time and conducting a proper investigation?

I absolutely agree with the Louisville posters that if this investigation turns up nothing, then Wake needs to issue a formal apology and Clausen should be suspended for some period of time for falsely making such a serious accusation.

Conversely, if the investigation shows that Louisville was indeed somehow cheating, Petrino needs to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Also, the Cardinals should be banned from competing in a bowl game for year.

The stakes are high here. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. The conference's athletic integrity is at stake no matter what comes of this and someone's reputation is going to change forever pending the results of this investigation.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 04:14 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
11-24-2016 04:12 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-24-2016 12:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(11-23-2016 03:53 PM)Cody6003 Wrote:  What is the status of wake forest's investigation of their playbook scandal. They made it a national news issue so we need a national news response when they close their investigation and publish the results.

Don't know. Why don't you FOI Wake and get the information you desire?

Oh wait....

03-lmfao Yup that stupid little Faber College codicil FOI requests do not apply to private schools.
11-24-2016 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(11-24-2016 04:12 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Why are people assuming they don't have anything? That seems like a real leap to me. Maybe they're just taking their time and conducting a proper investigation?

I absolutely agree with the Louisville posters that if this investigation turns up nothing, then Wake needs to issue a formal apology and Clausen should be suspended for some period of time for falsely making such a serious accusation.

Conversely, if the investigation shows that Louisville was indeed somehow cheating, Petrino needs to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Also, the Cardinals should be banned from competing in a bowl game for year.

The stakes are high here. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. The conference's athletic integrity is at stake no matter what comes of this and someone's reputation is going to change forever pending the results of this investigation.

I doubt this is going on like an episodic procedural cop show. The odds are you never hear a thing again about the episode no matter what the facts. With most issues in the conference you only see the tip of the iceberg.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 08:13 PM by lumberpack4.)
11-24-2016 08:11 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-24-2016 08:11 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  
(11-24-2016 04:12 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Why are people assuming they don't have anything? That seems like a real leap to me. Maybe they're just taking their time and conducting a proper investigation?

I doubt this is going on like an episodic procedural cop show. The odds are you never hear a thing again about the episode no matter what the facts. With most issues in the conference you only see the tip of the iceberg.

No doubt you are correct on this, however, that "tip of the iceberg" got shoved up our azzz in the national media and we ain't happy about it. There will be payback on the field and court. 05-mafia
11-25-2016 11:17 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel

I have not doubt that Wake would do that. They would also discipline Clausen but you will never hear a peep about that part.
11-25-2016 11:39 AM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(11-25-2016 11:17 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(11-24-2016 08:11 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

No doubt you are correct on this, however, that "tip of the iceberg" got shoved up our azzz in the national media and we ain't happy about it. There will be payback on the field and court. 05-mafia

It's not really possible for you to understand how out of character it is for WF to say ANYTHING in public about ANYTHING other than announcing a new coach or an expansion of Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. I wouldn't pick an overt fight with them because the odds are they know a hell of a lot more than they think you know. Although i must admit I too am curious about the real issue, if there is one and not a set of communications errors.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 12:04 PM by lumberpack4.)
11-25-2016 12:01 PM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

On another thread, someone said that Wake had accused Louisville of cheating. I asked if there was a link to that somewhere (I couldn't find anything on the internet) but I got no answer. Did Wake ever say anything more than that they had found a stray copy of their game plan, and were investigating how that happened?
11-26-2016 08:36 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(11-26-2016 08:36 PM)ken d Wrote:  On another thread, someone said that Wake had accused Louisville of cheating. I asked if there was a link to that somewhere (I couldn't find anything on the internet) but I got no answer. Did Wake ever say anything more than that they had found a stray copy of their game plan, and were investigating how that happened?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/wak...57221.html

From the article:

"Wake Forest officials are investigating how documents pertaining to the Deacons' game plan might have ended up in Louisville’s hands before last Saturday’s football game at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.

“We are concerned that there was some type of security breach,’’ coach Dave Clawson said Tuesday. “I have shared it with Ron Wellman, and we’re doing everything we can to make sure all of our information and data is more secure moving forward.’’

WF is usually guarded with what they say in public, Wellman in particular. If you are reading for just plain English you might glean one meaning, but if you are in fact reading Legalese you have to consider all the possible meanings of words.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 09:08 PM by lumberpack4.)
11-26-2016 08:55 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2016 08:55 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  
(11-26-2016 08:36 PM)ken d Wrote:  On another thread, someone said that Wake had accused Louisville of cheating. I asked if there was a link to that somewhere (I couldn't find anything on the internet) but I got no answer. Did Wake ever say anything more than that they had found a stray copy of their game plan, and were investigating how that happened?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/wak...57221.html

From the article:

"Wake Forest officials are investigating how documents pertaining to the Deacons' game plan might have ended up in Louisville’s hands before last Saturday’s football game at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.

“We are concerned that there was some type of security breach,’’ coach Dave Clawson said Tuesday. “I have shared it with Ron Wellman, and we’re doing everything we can to make sure all of our information and data is more secure moving forward.’’

WF is usually guarded with what they say in public, Wellman in particular. If you are reading for just plain English you might glean one meaning, but if you are in fact reading Legalese you have to consider all the possible meanings of words.

So does that mean that the answer to my question is no? I took those comments to mean that Wake was concerned one of their staff was careless, not that they thought Louisville had stolen anything or cheated in some way.
11-26-2016 10:31 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
12-13-2016 05:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.