Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Naval Academy Hosting ‘Transgender 101’ Training for Midshipmen…
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Naval Academy Hosting ‘Transgender 101’ Training for Midshipmen…
[Image: midshipmen.jpg]

Hopefully this nonsense ends when Mad Dog takes over the defense department.

Quote:The U.S. Naval Academy is bringing in Google employees to provide voluntary “Transgender 101” training to midshipmen this week as part of an ongoing “safe space” training series.

The academy’s Center for Teaching and Learning is holding two events on Friday, one for faculty and staff and another for midshipmen. The hour and a half-long workshops will be hosted by Marnie Florin and Kevin Perry, who are “transgender trainers” for Google.

Midshipmen and staff who take the training course will get the opportunity to display cards outside their door that show they are allies of the LGBT community.

The course was described in an email circulated by the Naval Academy on Tuesday.

“On Friday, December 9, the Center for Teaching & Leaning welcomes Kevin Perry and Marnie Florin who will be presenting Transgender 101: Gender Identity in the Workplace,” the email said. “Marnie and Kevin have given this workshop at Google offices around the globe to more than 2,500 employees.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/naval-acade...idshipmen/
12-07-2016 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Naval Academy Hosting ‘Transgender 101’ Training for Midshipmen…
What's wrong with this. The US Millitary is still recovering from don't ask don't tell. They need sensitivity training.
12-07-2016 11:30 PM
wmubroncopilot Online
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
It's voluntary. I'm not seeing the problem.
12-07-2016 11:33 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-07-2016 11:33 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  It's voluntary. I'm not seeing the problem.

There isn't one. Just because they don't agree with one's lifestyle choices, doesn't mean they shouldn't work to get along with them, especially if they are going to be serving together.

Requiring it would cross a line, but as long as its voluntarily, I have no issue with it.
12-07-2016 11:36 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
People tasked with fighting wars need no instruction nor distraction in learning how to properly address that "lady" with a beard and an Adam's apple that has just entered the restroom.

Training sensitivity to the masses to deal with the <1% of deviants is not a military function, and such bull**** is why the US has really won no wars since WW2. You fight wars to take territory and kill people. That is the base goal. Nation-building, democratizing, winning hearts and minds, etc. is all bull****. The military, of which I was a a part of for over a decade, is there to kill bad guys and take strategic positions. It is that fricking simple. And the focus on smart weapons and minimization of civilian casualties has made the US more vulnerable to defeat. Kill the bad guys and take their territory. Plain and simple. I hope Mad Dog follows through on this philosophy.

*** **** the idiot that is putting our future Naval Officers through such bull****.
12-07-2016 11:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-07-2016 11:42 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  People tasked with fighting wars need no instruction nor distraction in learning how to properly address that "lady" with a beard and an Adam's apple that has just entered the restroom.

Training sensitivity to the masses to deal with the <1% of deviants is not a military function, and such bull**** is why the US has really won no wars since WW2. You fight wars to take territory and kill people. That is the base goal. Nation-building, democratizing, winning hearts and minds, etc. is all bull****. The military, of which I was a a part of for over a decade, is there to kill bad guys and take strategic positions. It is that fricking simple. And the focus on smart weapons and minimization of civilian casualties has made the US more vulnerable to defeat. Kill the bad guys and take their territory. Plain and simple. I hope Mad Dog follows through on this philosophy.

*** **** the idiot that is putting our future Naval Officers through such bull****.

One...You make transgenderism out to be the same thing as a cross dresser. They are not the same at all

Two: I prefer the US Military be here to defend this country, and not go to war with others unless absolutely necessary. I would prefer we not kill 50,000 civilians just to shoot the one bad guy.
12-07-2016 11:56 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Online
Heisman

(12-07-2016 11:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 11:42 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  People tasked with fighting wars need no instruction nor distraction in learning how to properly address that "lady" with a beard and an Adam's apple that has just entered the restroom.

One...You make transgenderism out to be the same thing as a cross dresser. They are not the same at all

Two: I prefer the US Military be here to defend this country, and not go to war with others unless absolutely necessary. I would prefer we not kill 50,000 civilians just to shoot the one bad guy.

Well said
12-08-2016 12:01 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
You two should move to France. You'd be real comfortable there.

IDGAF about what you prefer. Enemies have entered our country and our at our border, and the left has done nothing to quell the tide.

And I don't GAF about distinctions about degenerate behavior. It is all degenerate. I'll tolerate it, but I damned sure will not be an accomplice to its acceptance on a wider scale, especially with my children.

Hillary's DOS oversaw the overthrow of governments in Libya and Syria. How'd that work out, losers. Ask our Benghazi personnel how that worked out. Oh you cannot, as HillDog refused to support them as Chris Stevens was getting arse-raped prior to his death.

Lecture me not about foreign policy, you imbecilic pieces of human detritus.
12-08-2016 12:25 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(12-07-2016 11:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

But you have no problem letting people in this country that want to kill us. I will never understand the fantasy world you libs live in. Thank God the President we have now that lives in that fantasy land is about to go and a new leader who sees the world as it really is about to take over.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 12:32 AM by usmbacker.)
12-08-2016 12:30 AM
wmubroncopilot Online
Heisman

(12-08-2016 12:25 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  You two should move to France. You'd be real comfortable there.

IDGAF about what you prefer. Enemies have entered our country and our at our border, and the left has done nothing to quell the tide.

And I don't GAF about distinctions about degenerate behavior. It is all degenerate. I'll tolerate it, but I damned sure will not be an accomplice to its acceptance on a wider scale, especially with my children.

Hillary's DOS oversaw the overthrow of governments in Libya and Syria. How'd that work out, losers. Ask our Benghazi personnel how that worked out. Oh you cannot, as HillDog refused to support them as Chris Stevens was getting arse-raped prior to his death.

Lecture me not about foreign policy, you imbecilic pieces of human detritus.

Hillary's foreign policy was just as bad as any mainstream Repubs. Not sure why you would assume people advocating non-intervention would be behind her.
12-08-2016 12:47 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(12-07-2016 11:28 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: midshipmen.jpg]

Hopefully this nonsense ends when Mad Dog takes over the defense department.

Quote:The U.S. Naval Academy is bringing in Google employees to provide voluntary “Transgender 101” training to midshipmen this week as part of an ongoing “safe space” training series.

The academy’s Center for Teaching and Learning is holding two events on Friday, one for faculty and staff and another for midshipmen. The hour and a half-long workshops will be hosted by Marnie Florin and Kevin Perry, who are “transgender trainers” for Google.

Midshipmen and staff who take the training course will get the opportunity to display cards outside their door that show they are allies of the LGBT community.

The course was described in an email circulated by the Naval Academy on Tuesday.

“On Friday, December 9, the Center for Teaching & Leaning welcomes Kevin Perry and Marnie Florin who will be presenting Transgender 101: Gender Identity in the Workplace,” the email said. “Marnie and Kevin have given this workshop at Google offices around the globe to more than 2,500 employees.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/naval-acade...idshipmen/

03-lmfao

Ok. Now THIS one, on the day of the bombing of Pearl Harbor has GOT to be "fake news", right?

C'mon. Is this a scene from punk'd or something?!? No effing way. 03-lmfao
12-08-2016 01:11 AM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(12-07-2016 11:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  What's wrong with this. The US Millitary is still recovering from don't ask don't tell. They need sensitivity training.

For WHAT?!?

To better prepare that they “will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic” and that they “will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.” ?!? Isn't that what our military is for? Not for social engineering and weird experiments in the ranks?

Good grief. 1/20 can't rush here soon enough... 07-coffee3
12-08-2016 01:15 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The military has historically been at the forefront of social change. It led the rest of the country in racial integration and women in the workplace, to name a couple. I was on active duty when women first started going to sea. When I got out and went into the civilian work place, I found it strange that my bosses knew so little about dealing with professional women in the workplace.

The purpose of defense should be to defend the Constitution against all enemies. It should not be nation building or winning hearts or fighting wars that we don't intend to win. Its proper functions are to kill people, break things, and seize and hold contested territory. Learning how to do those things better, and how to use all our resources to do them, and how not to go doing them willy-nilly in situations where they are not necessary or appropriate are proper military training objectives.

Meddling in the internal affairs of other sovereign nations is not a proper military function. Nor is social engineering. Racial and sexual equity affect large numbers of our population. Gender issues don't. This is an agenda item that clearly appears to be pushed by those seeking to impose their will on our society, not by any widespread need.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 06:23 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
12-08-2016 04:40 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
It's tight quarters on a ship. Nothing wrong with a little sensitivity training.
12-08-2016 05:52 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
One thing I learned in my years of working for the government is that whenever they trot out an "optional" course like this if they don't get the number of attendees they believe they should it's not long before optional becomes mandatory.
12-08-2016 06:19 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Hopefully Mattis stamps out this degenerative nonsense.
12-08-2016 06:23 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(12-08-2016 06:19 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  One thing I learned in my years of working for the government is that whenever they trot out an "optional" course like this if they don't get the number of attendees they believe they should it's not long before optional becomes mandatory.
Who the fuq would voluntarily sign up for this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
12-08-2016 06:30 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(12-08-2016 06:19 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  One thing I learned in my years of working for the government is that whenever they trot out an "optional" course like this if they don't get the number of attendees they believe they should it's not long before optional becomes mandatory.
Same at Fortune 500 companies.
12-08-2016 06:34 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
The Navy wanting it's officers to be sensitive to those with mental health issues is nothing to be overly concerned about.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 06:39 AM by Fo Shizzle.)
12-08-2016 06:38 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-08-2016 06:30 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Who the fuq would voluntarily sign up for this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not really sure. What I want to know is what could they be learning in the time spent in this optional class that could lead to them saving the lives of our sailors and Marines later on in their career when they have to do their real job instead of playing amateur social engineer.
12-08-2016 06:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.