Advertisement

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
RE: First
(01-25-2017 09:36 AM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  Welcome Redhawk fans

Maybe there will be more SU fans than just me on this board
01-27-2017 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
What is missing with you guys? You always seem to be on the verge of something. Good game last night at Key Arena. That game made me nervous and I'm glad we pulled through it. Now do us a favor and beat GCU and CSUB at home!
01-27-2017 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(01-27-2017 12:13 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  What is missing with you guys? You always seem to be on the verge of something. Good game last night at Key Arena. That game made me nervous and I'm glad we pulled through it. Now do us a favor and beat GCU and CSUB at home!

Currently it's consistency and finishing games. Have to wonder if having Menzies would have been the difference and we upset you guys. Same as last game vs GCU. But we are a very young team after Powell/Westendorf, so we will see what future holds. Menzies, Uleano, and Kavas are showing a lot of potential as future big men, and we have height across the board. Our guards are all in 6'3-6'5 range. Really am a fan of Morgan Means too. The future is bright for us, brighter than we all thought. The Euro guys look good.
01-27-2017 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Will Dollar keep his job though? That is the question.
01-27-2017 12:46 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I hope not. He's been given plenty ofor time. Yeah the CBI appearances are okay, but being included last year was embarrassing.
01-27-2017 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(01-27-2017 09:34 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  I hope not. He's been given plenty ofor time. Yeah the CBI appearances are okay, but being included last year was embarrassing.

Agreed. We only got in because we were such a good host the year prior when we actually did deserve it.

I think it is time for Dollar to go. He has failed to get more than a tad bit of interest from the local hot bed of talent. He was a master at that while at UW, but after 8 years he has failed to get the same hype around Seattle U. He came close, having 4-star Alabama player Ar'Mond Davis and Nevada big man Elijah Foster signed/almost signed. Both of them on this team now with Westendorf, Menzies, and Powell would have been lethal and maybe the best team in the WAC.

The foreign players are great and Menzies, Kavas, Uleano, and Means are a solid core going forward. If Montoya can get healthy and back to his form last year, and Nate Pryor ends up being a stud, there is a lot to like about the future of this very young team with height across the board.

That being said, much like the situation at UW with Lorenzo Romar right now, you cant keep a coach that isnt living up to expectations for 6+ years just because of the potential future of the players. Just like getting three Top 100 & national #2 Michael Porter Jr next year, it appears that isnt going to be enough to save Romar's job. Having some freshman with seemingly a lot of potential is nice for SU, but at this point I'm not sure it should keep Dollar his job after this year. The CBI run with Umipig and Flora was probably his peak.

There is a new AD now who won't hesitate to make changes I hope, and there are two coaches that have had outstanding success in the PNW in Ken Bone and Lorenzo Romar (if fired) I want to see SU go after. Then theres my top choice to hire, local legend Brandon Roy, who by just being hired at Nathan Hale HS convinced four elite players and #2 nationally Porter Jr to transfer to play for him. Nathan Hale has always heen historically terrible and was 3-18 last year. In one hire of Brandon Roy, they are now the #1 HS team in the nation. That is unbelievably remarkable. Think of what SU hiring Brandon Roy could do, and what players he could get to Seattle U.
01-28-2017 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.