Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Trounces Tourism
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Trump Trounces Tourism
Those pesky unintended consequences can be a giant BEEOOOTCH!

Quote:When President Donald Trump issued his executive order on immigration last week, it was the travel ban on seven Muslim-majority countries that dominated headlines—leaving hundreds of people in limbo, provoking airport protests, and raising questions about whether the U.S. was targeting religion in the guise of a new security rule.

But immigration lawyers who have read the order carefully are now increasingly concerned that one of its provisions could have much wider repercussions, affecting literally every foreign visitor to America, from tourists to diplomats.

The little-noticed section, appearing immediately after the travel ban, calls for the government to develop a “uniform screening standard and procedure” for all individuals seeking to enter the United States. As written, it appears to require all visitors to go through the same vetting measures, regardless of where they come from or how long they intend to stay.

If interpreted as broadly as it’s written, “It would basically shut down tourism,” said Stephen Legomsky, the former chief counsel for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services during the Obama administration.

The little-noticed bombshell in Trump's immigration order
02-03-2017 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Trump Trounces Tourism
The operative wording in the quoted part is, "it appears to"
02-03-2017 06:24 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Lets make it cheap to trade tourism with the British. Make a trip to the UK as cheap as a trip to Chicago. And we need them coming here. Not Syrians.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
02-03-2017 11:06 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-03-2017 06:24 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The operative wording in the quoted part is, "it appears to"

Nah...the operative word is Politico. A website that up until recently had a popup ad soliciting donations to be part of the "resistance"
02-04-2017 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.