Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How does one qualify to be a "liberal elite"?
JustAnotherAustinOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
How does one qualify to be a "liberal elite"?
I assume you have to be a liberal, though I've seen some conflate 'liberal' with 'not hardcore right-winger' - but what about the elite part? I've heard a lot about 'coastal elites' and 'urban elites' but what about a garbage collector who votes dem and lives in Brooklyn or Queens. Is s/he an elite?

What about a doctor or lawyer in Des Moines or Waco? Clearly they live in "real America" so I assume they are not an elite, but still, they are highly educated and compensated professionals, not "regular Americans". Or does it depend on how they vote? Is it OK to be an elite if you are not a liberal? Or to be a liberal, so long as you are not an elite?

I'm very confused, I just want to know who are the real Americans and who are the elites out to ruin everything.
02-17-2017 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: How does one qualify to be a "liberal elite"?
(02-17-2017 05:57 PM)JustAnotherAustinOwl Wrote:  I assume you have to be a liberal, though I've seen some conflate 'liberal' with 'not hardcore right-winger' -

And I have seen some conflate 'hard-core conservative' with 'doesnt believe everything that Elizabeth or Bernie spouts' --- any particular reason for the snark?
02-17-2017 06:03 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-17-2017 06:03 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(02-17-2017 05:57 PM)JustAnotherAustinOwl Wrote:  I assume you have to be a liberal, though I've seen some conflate 'liberal' with 'not hardcore right-winger' -

And I have seen some conflate 'hard-core conservative' with 'doesnt believe everything that Elizabeth or Bernie spouts' --- any particular reason for the snark?

Another post in another thread.
02-17-2017 06:04 PM
JOwl Offline
sum guy

I Root For: Rice

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I can't be sure what gets you on the list, but a degree from a private school certainly makes you suspect.
02-17-2017 06:27 PM
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Rich enough and/or powerful enough to have influence in the DNC. Pelosi, Soros, Clinton, Schumer, for examples.
02-17-2017 08:48 PM
JSA Offline
1st String

I Root For:
On Fox Sunday shows, Corey Lewandowski said Democrats are "continuing to move to the left and forgetting what the real people care about."
So, who are the "real people?"
03-01-2017 08:46 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2017 08:46 AM)JSA Wrote:  On Fox Sunday shows, Corey Lewandowski said Democrats are "continuing to move to the left and forgetting what the real people care about."
So, who are the "real people?"

Based on some of the things that got the right standing last night (paid family leave, infrastructure spending, corporate regulations to keep jobs from moving overseas), I'd say the right is moving a bit left as well.

I'm starting to realize there is really no left or right on a lot of policy, just your team versus ours. Lewandowski isn't really talking about policy choices, he's talking about message framing.
03-01-2017 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.