Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Weir brings 5 star to UNM
Bookmark and Share
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Weir brings 5 star to UNM
Weir gets another Ohio State transfer, this time 5 star JaQuan Lyle. He has averaged 11+ppg in his two seasons in Columbus. Great pick up.

Both Menzies and Weir have gotten 5 star commits in their first season after leaving NMSU. I know if they came from SU, that'd be very hard to watch happen.

I cant wait to see the MWC back to relevance when UNLV, New Mexico, and SDSU are back to their normal selves. Especially when at least 2-4 of Boise State, Fresno State, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah State, and Colorado State contend each year as well
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 11:02 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-04-2017 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM
I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.
08-04-2017 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
(08-04-2017 07:24 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.

After what they did in the WAC while producing three quality NBA players, no reason they cant be a yearly contender in the MWC. Boise State landed a 4 star recently too I saw. MWC as a whole is on a major upswing back to relevance
08-05-2017 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

holaMesilla Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Crimson Aggies
(08-05-2017 11:03 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 07:24 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.

After what they did in the WAC while producing three quality NBA players, no reason they cant be a yearly contender in the MWC. Boise State landed a 4 star recently too I saw. MWC as a whole is on a major upswing back to relevance

From my observation there is a reason 4-5 star players land in mid-majors, and it's generally not good as they seldom produce.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 06:59 PM by holaMesilla.)
08-06-2017 06:58 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
MWC will still be max a 2 bid league for the foreseeable future until the committee stops ignoring mid-majors and non P5's.
08-06-2017 07:01 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
(08-06-2017 06:58 PM)holaMesilla Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 11:03 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  

From my observation there is a reason 4-5 star players land in mid-majors, and it's generally not good as they seldom produce.

Although I will always want our coach to pursue the higher (4 and 5) star prospects, the real litmus test if a player is truly highly touted is who is actually recruiting him. Regardless of stars, if a player has a lot of P5 offers, the coaches know more about a player's potential than the recruiting sites and the fans.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 12:14 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-07-2017 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.