Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LIBERTY & DUKE AGREE TO 3 GAME SERIES
Bookmark and Share
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Flames
The Flames and Blue Devils will meet on November 22, 2025 and September 4, 2027 in Durham and on September 26, 2026 in Lynchburg.
08-14-2017 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
RE: LIBERTY & DUKE AGREE TO 3 GAME SERIES
Nice series, wish it was a one for one though.
08-14-2017 03:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
I doubt you all we get 1- 1 with ACC regional teams in the near future. You all need to get to the BYU level before 1-1s like that. Still a great series. Hope NCSU does something with you all.
08-14-2017 06:54 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
H&W/1&1 with P5s is the hope. Maybe in 10 years that can start to be scheduled with a lot of work. Examples of the work ahead include stadium expansion, winning seasons, bowl games, growing national brand, growing fan support, strong recruiting, and strong coaching staff. The future is bright.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-14-2017 09:07 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
A winnable, nearby P5 game is a great game to schedule.
08-14-2017 09:22 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Very happy to be playing Duke. Yet again, another great scheduling move.

I am a bit concerned, or at least confused about all the unequal scheduling. Are we gonna be able to, or struggle to fill out home schedules? Not really I suppose.

2020 looks very empty though.
08-15-2017 04:21 AM
Advertisement

Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Flames
(08-15-2017 04:21 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Very happy to be playing Duke. Yet again, another great scheduling move.

I am a bit concerned, or at least confused about all the unequal scheduling. Are we gonna be able to, or struggle to fill out home schedules? Not really I suppose.

2020 looks very empty though.

I think one poster with good sources said 2020 is complete, just waiting for the ink to dry before announcing.
08-15-2017 04:49 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
In theory Liberty only needs two get Four FBS teams and 1 FCS to meet the 5 home game min rule. With they way they are scheduling, I doubt 2020 will be an issue. They have UMASS already and I imagine right now NMSU needs games in 2020 as well, I would not be surprised if Liberty/NMSU help each other out in 2020. I have a feeling Liberty is not done with the ACC yet. I can see more MAC, SB and CUSA games getting scheduled as 1-1.
08-15-2017 02:49 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
There are only so many 2-1 games Liberty can schedule before they will have less than six home games which should be unacceptable. They will have to buy some games with no return to even out the 2-1 games.
08-15-2017 05:05 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Even with the 2-1's it looks like Liberty will be able to do 6 home games. 2020 will be the question. I imagine there will be one home FCS game that can be added to 2019-2021. It appears 2020 could be a challenge for six but is still doable.

2019 (9 games scheduled)
Home (4) - SYC, Buffalo, New Mexico, NMSU
Away (5) - Toledo, UMASS, NMSU, Rutgers, BYU

2020 (8 games scheduled)
Home (2) - UMASS, Southern Miss
Away (6) - Bowling Green, NCSU, VT, UVA, Syracuse

2021 (8 games scheduled)
Home (4) - ODU, UMASS, Army
Away (4) - Troy, Syc, UAB, UNT

If I were a betting man, I could see Kent St and Liberty schedule 2019 at Kent and 2020 at Liberty. Others Akron, FIU, NMSU, ULM. ULL,
08-16-2017 03:20 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
What ever happened to the game we, JMU, owes Liberty? I thought it was tentatively rescheduled for the 332nd time for 2019.
08-16-2017 06:39 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(08-14-2017 06:54 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  I doubt you all we get 1- 1 with ACC regional teams in the near future. You all need to get to the BYU level before 1-1s like that. Still a great series. Hope NCSU does something with you all.

In recent years Duke and Wake both have scheduled some 1 for 1 games with some schools most would not have figured. Troy played at Duke in 2013 and a return game was played at Troy in 2014. ULM played at Wake in 2013 and a return game was played at ULM in 2014. State has done some 1 for 1's and even UVA did an unusual one about 10 years ago with either MTSU or WKU, can't remember which it was. Once LU get's their program in full swing, I have no doubt some good 1 for 1's can be done. Right now, LU is doing the right thing, it's going to take a little patience.
08-16-2017 06:50 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(08-16-2017 06:39 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  What ever happened to the game we, JMU, owes Liberty? I thought it was tentatively rescheduled for the 332nd time for 2019.

Honestly it would do LU no good to schedule JMU. They are a tough FCS team, and even though JMU would give high attendance numbers, losing to them would be a blow. It makes more sense to schedule lower tier FCS teams near by.
08-18-2017 01:47 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
I would agree Liberty does not need to schedule JMU until they have 5-10 years as FBS since they can count one FCS to Bowl Eligible. They have plenty of options with TN, NC and VA. Probably schedule JMU around year 7-10. With they way they have been scheduling, it appears they will only need one FCS for the home game to get them to 5 or 6.

NC Schools
WCU
Gardner-Webb
NCCCU
NC A&T
ELON
Campbell (Getting ready to join Big South)

VA
Richmond
VMI
WM & Mary
JMU

TN
ETSU
UT-Chat
08-18-2017 05:47 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

(08-18-2017 05:47 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  I would agree Liberty does not need to schedule JMU until they have 5-10 years as FBS since they can count one FCS to Bowl Eligible. They have plenty of options with TN, NC and VA. Probably schedule JMU around year 7-10. With they way they have been scheduling, it appears they will only need one FCS for the home game to get them to 5 or 6.

NC Schools
WCU
Gardner-Webb
NCCCU
NC A&T
ELON
Campbell (Getting ready to join Big South)

VA
Richmond
VMI
WM & Mary
JMU

TN
ETSU
UT-Chat

Did you intentionally leave off the majority of FCS teams in those states?
08-19-2017 10:16 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
I was looking at the ones currently playing FBS teams. I did not realize the 90% scholarship requirement was gone, that all FCS schools may count as bowl eligible win. That is probably good news for Hampton and Norfolk St.
08-19-2017 12:54 PM
Advertisement

voss749 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FAU
(08-19-2017 12:54 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  I was looking at the ones currently playing FBS teams. I did not realize the 90% scholarship requirement was gone, that all FCS schools may count as bowl eligible win. That is probably good news for Hampton and Norfolk St.

I know FAU has a hole in its schedule Sep 12, 2020, you want us to come to you, on a 1 game away only pay up :)
08-20-2017 08:54 AM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
It wouldn't surprise me at all, voss749. We will be having guarantee games to fill slots moving forward now that we have more clarity and all of these 2-for-1s lined up. Although I admit that a game in Boca would be a nice fit for our recuiting efforts. We work that area hard so a road game in South Florida would be attractive for us.

I also suspect we will have one FCS home game on the schedule moving forward. As for that JMU game, that thing has been moved so many times it is tough to keep track of where it stands. My guess is that it will still be played since it is cheaper than buying a game elsewhere. The question is likely just when we will slide it into a slot that matches up.
08-22-2017 09:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

(08-22-2017 09:18 AM)SlyFox Wrote:  It wouldn't surprise me at all, voss749. We will be having guarantee games to fill slots moving forward now that we have more clarity and all of these 2-for-1s lined up. Although I admit that a game in Boca would be a nice fit for our recuiting efforts. We work that area hard so a road game in South Florida would be attractive for us.

I also suspect we will have one FCS home game on the schedule moving forward. As for that JMU game, that thing has been moved so many times it is tough to keep track of where it stands. My guess is that it will still be played since it is cheaper than buying a game elsewhere. The question is likely just when we will slide it into a slot that matches up.

The 2-1 aren't that bad because you want 6 home games per year (FCS and FBS). 5 will be FBS 1 FCS which means the ratio is 5 FBS home games to 6 FBS road games. My point is you have one road game to essiently give away. Most teams would rather get a payout and not the home game in return. At LU money isn't a problem so I would think they will go for a decent amount of 2-1.
08-22-2017 10:30 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Want Liberty to go play at Tennessee. Seems like a game they could get and is close. Would love for them to get UK, Vandy, WKU or UofL as well.
08-27-2017 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.