Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 4 Thoughts
Bookmark and Share
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Week 4 Thoughts
Hey guys. Will probably be at work most this football Friday. Any thoughts with this football Saturday in Big Ten or elsewhere as we go through the day?

UNLV @ Ohio State (-40) noon
Central Florida @ Maryland (-4.5) 3:30PM
Georgia Southern @ Indiana (-23.5) 3:30PM
Rutgers @ Nebraska (-11) 3:30PM
Michigan (-10.5) @ Purdue 4PM
Penn State (-11) @ Iowa 7:30
Notre Dame (-3) @ Michigan State 8PM

First thoughts:
-Only one noon game? That feels really weird.
-Iowa has had some good wins with home night games. Penn State is rightly favored, but I still feel like we don't fully know the team.
-Maryland not favored by that much over Central Florida. Was a little surprised by that (would not have been had it been South Florida instead).
-Not sure how Nebraska comes out after last week of events, but guessing they play hard for their coach.
-Win or lose, I want to see how Purdue looks vs. Michigan
-It's nice seeing Notre Dame still on the schedule for Michigan State for at least this year. Miss the early season Big Ten/Notre Dame games.
09-23-2017 07:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: Week 4 Thoughts
Penn State needs to avoid a 2008 repeat. In fact, that shouldn't have happened in the first place and it should never happen again. I don't know if Iowa has the firepower to keep up with Penn State's offense and I don't know if their defense can slow PSU's offense down much. Penn State's defense has improved this year with only a couple holes to fill from last year and has improved which makes the team that much more dangerous. They aren't unbeatable but there are only a few teams in the conference who look up for the task right now.
09-23-2017 08:17 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(09-23-2017 07:09 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Hey guys. Will probably be at work most this football Friday. Any thoughts with this football Saturday in Big Ten or elsewhere as we go through the day?

UNLV @ Ohio State (-40) noon
Central Florida @ Maryland (-4.5) 3:30PM
Georgia Southern @ Indiana (-23.5) 3:30PM
Rutgers @ Nebraska (-11) 3:30PM
Michigan (-10.5) @ Purdue 4PM
Penn State (-11) @ Iowa 7:30
Notre Dame (-3) @ Michigan State 8PM

First thoughts:
-Only one noon game? That feels really weird.
-Iowa has had some good wins with home night games. Penn State is rightly favored, but I still feel like we don't fully know the team.
-Maryland not favored by that much over Central Florida. Was a little surprised by that (would not have been had it been South Florida instead).
-Not sure how Nebraska comes out after last week of events, but guessing they play hard for their coach.
-Win or lose, I want to see how Purdue looks vs. Michigan
-It's nice seeing Notre Dame still on the schedule for Michigan State for at least this year. Miss the early season Big Ten/Notre Dame games.

UCF has only played 1 game so far this year. They beat FIU 61-17, had a bye week and then were suppose to host GT last week but the game was canceled. Do they come out rusty or super prepared for Maryland? Part of the Terps -4 has to do with UCF's QB. A speedy, athletic QB that can really hurt you. Part of it is Scott Frost has really turned the program around quick. The last part? When the Terps played at UCF last year, UCF played them really tough and took Maryland to OT before Maryland finally won. I'm not sure people realize that they are a pretty good program right now and those who overlook them do so at their own peril.
09-23-2017 11:38 AM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
And...yeah. That sucks. Hard to do much with a 3rd string QB. UCF was the better team today.
09-23-2017 06:59 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
1) Too bad for the Terps. Hopefully Hill's injury isn't major and he can play soon.

2) Rutgers played hard but that game showed they're not quite there talent wise yet.

3) If I were Nebraska I wouldn't be reading too much into the victory other than if they play like that against the better teams in the B1G, they'll get beat.

4) Michigan has a great defense, but I worry about how good a team can be that has THAT hard a time scoring.

5) Congrats PSU. Big win and hopefully a season shattering demoralizing loss for Iowa.
09-23-2017 10:49 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Well I hate Iowa. Kudos to their fans for the hostile environment and the waving to the children's hospital.

It would have been such a waste to not win after Saquon Barkley's effort. That guy nearly won the game by himself despite the very poor quarterback play from Trace McSorley. He came through in the clutch but man was it a heart attack to get there.

I don't even know how everything happened and I watched the whole game. The game never felt close until the score and then Iowa took the lead with 1:42 left in the game. Just incredible.
09-24-2017 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.