Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rivalry in Dixie Week
Bookmark and Share
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Rivalry in Dixie Week
Looking forward to the next installment of the “Greatest Rivalry in Dixie”. Can’t wait to make it three straight years of putting you in your place. #WreckTech

Trash talk aside, I had a good time in Ruston two years ago. I plan on making the trip again this year. Let me know if any places to eat/grab a beer/etc. that y’all would recommend.
10-14-2017 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
RE: Rivalry in Dixie Week
I’m really rooting hard for Southern Miss in this one (plus I actually think USM is the better team)
10-14-2017 11:44 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Soften them up for us tech.
10-14-2017 11:49 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-14-2017 10:55 PM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  Looking forward to the next installment of the “Greatest Rivalry in Dixie”. Can’t wait to make it three straight years of putting you in your place. #WreckTech

Trash talk aside, I had a good time in Ruston two years ago. I plan on making the trip again this year. Let me know if any places to eat/grab a beer/etc. that y’all would recommend.

Maybe it wont rain this time.
10-15-2017 12:32 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
USM has been playing well and La Tech has not, therefore there is every reason to believe that Tech will win this one.
10-15-2017 05:14 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

USM has played well enough to win 4 games this year, but is not disciplined enough to be able to go on a roll. I will say this, if we win this week at Tech, we will lose the next week to whomever we play, or vice Versa....If you had seen how we played yesterday on offense you would have had a sick stomach like I did.
10-15-2017 07:52 AM
Advertisement

winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Anyone want to try and guess the opening line?

I think it opens Tech -4
10-15-2017 09:39 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-14-2017 11:44 PM)AustinFromUNT Wrote:  I’m really rooting hard for Southern Miss in this one (plus I actually think USM is the better team)

We shall see, won't we. All the "talk" can finally be put aside.
10-15-2017 09:45 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

USM -3?

Our passing game is a "C-", so you'll stack the box like everyone else has. Ito is carrying us.

The stats show Tech isn't playing too much better. J'Mar seems to be carrying the offense.

This could be ugly and low-scoring. We played down to UTEP. We might play as bad as you.
10-15-2017 10:24 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2017 10:24 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  USM -3?

Our passing game is a "C-", so you'll stack the box like everyone else has. Ito is carrying us.

The stats show Tech isn't playing too much better. J'Mar seems to be carrying the offense.

This could be ugly and low-scoring. We played down to UTEP. We might play as bad as you.

Good to know. It's great to hear that a team that's literally TWO PLAYS AWAY from being 5-1, is garnering so much respect from USM fans. 07-coffee3
10-15-2017 10:57 AM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
(10-15-2017 05:14 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  USM has been playing well and La Tech has not, therefore there is every reason to believe that Tech will win this one.

Exactly
10-15-2017 11:54 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

if we're -3, I'm betting a dime on Tech.....

I think Tech opens around -4.5
10-15-2017 03:24 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I have no idea what Tech team will show up this weekend, we are so Jekyll and Hyde. We'll start clicking and dominating for a half and them come out looking like we've never seen a football before. I think Southern Miss will win just because we won't be able to stop Ito Smith.
10-15-2017 03:34 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

if USM started Griggs (which they wont), La Tech wouldn't have a chance. considering Small Hands Howard will start and turn the ball over a minimum of 4 times, USM doesn't have a chance. Thanks to Daddy Ball Hopson.
10-15-2017 03:44 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer

No doubt if they stack the box to stop Ito and have good corners, we are in trouble. I have no idea what USM team will show up this week.. If the Keon that played against UTSA, the oline play against UTSA and the lack of penalties against UTSA shows up, we have a chance.
10-15-2017 03:48 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(10-14-2017 11:49 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Soften them up for us tech.

+1 Please do Tech.
10-15-2017 04:25 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2017 03:44 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  if USM started Griggs (which they wont), La Tech wouldn't have a chance. considering Small Hands Howard will start and turn the ball over a minimum of 4 times, USM doesn't have a chance. Thanks to Daddy Ball Hopson.

How is a broken bone in a hand playing daddy ball?
10-15-2017 04:50 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
How does LT's defense look this year?
10-15-2017 05:18 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
(10-15-2017 04:50 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 03:44 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  if USM started Griggs (which they wont), La Tech wouldn't have a chance. considering Small Hands Howard will start and turn the ball over a minimum of 4 times, USM doesn't have a chance. Thanks to Daddy Ball Hopson.

How is a broken bone in a hand playing daddy ball?

Exactly. This daddy ball stuff needs to stop.
10-15-2017 06:17 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2017 05:18 PM)TTT Wrote:  How does LT's defense look this year?

This is probably the best LA Tech defense we've seen since our 2011 WAC championship team. The Tech defense is solid, and is holding opponents to about 24 points per game. (A couple of Mississippi State's scores against Tech had nothing to do with the defense.) So far, it's the defense that has kept us in games. The Tech DB's are young, but real good. Starting senior safety Sedrick Cooper was CUSA Player of the week 2 weeks ago for his performance against South Alabama, but he was kicked out of the UAB game for a BS "Targeting" call. He won't be able to return until the 2nd half of the USM game.

But LA Tech's offense can't score. It's that simple. QB J'Mar Smith has not been what we had hoped for. His passing game is mediocre, and when he runs the ball he slides more than Ty Cobb. The boy is desperately afraid of contact.

Consequently, LA Tech's offense has only averaged 23 points per game against the 5 FBS opponents it has faced in 2017. That's a far cry from the 52 points per game that Tech's offense averaged just a couple of years ago. This is clearly the worst, most mistake prone offense that LA Tech has had since its miserable 4-8 record in the 2013 season. They just can't seem get their act together.

Against USM, I expect another low scoring game. Probably a 28-24 type score. And honestly, either team could win.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 06:46 PM by HogDawg.)
10-15-2017 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.