Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
Please take us back lol. 03-hissyfit Sorry for the pity post but it's the truth. We USM fans desperately miss ECU, Houston, Tulane, Memphis, UCF, etc. Most USM fans won't admit it but it's the truth. Our attendance is down, fan support is down, apathy is high...I think it has a lot to do with our current opponents. I know it shouldn't matter but our fans/big money donors just do not care about any of the teams on our schedule anymore. Its sad and depressing. Again, sorry for the pity post...sometimes it feels good to vent to old friends. I still can't get over the current state of USM athletics. I know we are our own worst enemy. The good news is the dinosaurs (school president, administrators, officials, coaches, and even our long time city mayor) who ALL contributed to the status that USM is currently in have died out...they've retired, resigned, fired/voted out all over the past 7 years. For the first time in 15 years our school is finally becoming somewhat stable. College realignment really happened at THE worst time possible for USM. Football has slowly somewhat recovered from the Ellis Johnson debacle of 2012. The Donnie Tyndall sanctions are officially over. I honestly think that if we are to ever get invited to the AAC, it'll only happen if we have a lot of success and proven investment in basketball (in addition to winning bowl games, conf/div championships in football) but I totally understand why y'all wouldn't want us. Anyways, I know this is a random post but again, I just needed to vent.

On a side note maybe we'll see each other in a bowl game in a month or so. I've seen a few projections showing USM playing Houston, Memphis, and USF though I'm sure y'all would prefer playing someone in a P5 conference (I don't blame y'all). Cheers!
11-16-2017 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
RE: God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
(11-16-2017 12:17 AM)TTT Wrote:  Please take us back lol. 03-hissyfit Sorry for the pity post but it's the truth. We USM fans desperately miss ECU, Houston, Tulane, Memphis, UCF, etc. Most USM fans won't admit it but it's the truth. Our attendance is down, fan support is down, apathy is high...I think it has a lot to do with our current opponents. I know it shouldn't matter but our fans/big money donors just do not care about any of the teams on our schedule anymore. Its sad and depressing. Again, sorry for the pity post...sometimes it feels good to vent to old friends. I still can't get over the current state of USM athletics. I know we are our own worst enemy. The good news is the dinosaurs (school president, administrators, officials, coaches, and even our long time city mayor) who ALL contributed to the status that USM is currently in have died out...they've retired, resigned, fired/voted out all over the past 7 years. For the first time in 15 years our school is finally becoming somewhat stable. College realignment really happened at THE worst time possible for USM. Football has slowly somewhat recovered from the Ellis Johnson debacle of 2012. The Donnie Tyndall sanctions are officially over. I honestly think that if we are to ever get invited to the AAC, it'll only happen if we have a lot of success and proven investment in basketball (in addition to winning bowl games, conf/div championships in football) but I totally understand why y'all wouldn't want us. Anyways, I know this is a random post but again, I just needed to vent.

On a side note maybe we'll see each other in a bowl game in a month or so. I've seen a few projections showing USM playing Houston, Memphis, and USF though I'm sure y'all would prefer playing someone in a P5 conference (I don't blame y'all). Cheers!

Trying to put myself in your shoes and I'd hate to be in that position. Southern Miss was my first ever away game as a UCF student. I'd love to see you guys move up in the future.

04-cheers
11-16-2017 12:46 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Hey, TTT; good to see you here. Football isn’t the same without the Black and Blue annual bruise fest. You belong here; all of your athletic friends and enemies are here.
11-16-2017 12:57 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
I remember when ECU vs. USM meant something in college football.
11-16-2017 01:33 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I still have nightmares of Dwayne Harris catching a CRUCIAL 3rd and long pass-run-td score late in the 4th quarter ('10 i believe) at the rock. That sealed an ECU win in a crazy back and forth game.
11-16-2017 01:47 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
I pretty upset Southern Miss is letting F_U teams win. Y’all should dominate the conference every year. I still feel like Jeff Bower shouldn’t have been fired and Larry Fedora was the beginning of the end.

I would have preferred Sothern Miss over Tulane in expansion but I guess things are the way they are. I liked the black and blue rivalry with Memphis and it would have been good for the AAC because we are really starving for rivals and tradition.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 07:49 AM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
11-16-2017 06:53 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Although we were often on the short end of the score, I miss playing So. Miss each year. I have long thought that no program does more with less than So. Miss.
11-16-2017 07:33 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
You were a big time Cusa opponent at the time, Def were a thorn in UCF's side. As soon as UH, Cincy, UCF and USF get added to B12 I would love to see you move up.
03-cloud9 03-nutkick 03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 07:36 AM by goodknightfl.)
11-16-2017 07:34 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Pay $2 Mil per conference member per year and permanently sign away your rights to any conference $.
11-16-2017 07:56 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Southern Miss picked the worst possible time to struggle when expansion happened. I wished we picked up southern miss over at least one of our members (without naming anyone).
11-16-2017 08:15 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(11-16-2017 08:15 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Southern Miss picked the worst possible time to struggle when expansion happened. I wished we picked up southern miss over at least one of our members (without naming anyone).

Initials TU?
11-16-2017 08:32 AM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Online
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(11-16-2017 12:17 AM)TTT Wrote:  Please take us back lol. 03-hissyfit Sorry for the pity post but it's the truth. We USM fans desperately miss ECU, Houston, Tulane, Memphis, UCF, etc. Most USM fans won't admit it but it's the truth. Our attendance is down, fan support is down, apathy is high...I think it has a lot to do with our current opponents. I know it shouldn't matter but our fans/big money donors just do not care about any of the teams on our schedule anymore. Its sad and depressing. Again, sorry for the pity post...sometimes it feels good to vent to old friends. I still can't get over the current state of USM athletics. I know we are our own worst enemy. The good news is the dinosaurs (school president, administrators, officials, coaches, and even our long time city mayor) who ALL contributed to the status that USM is currently in have died out...they've retired, resigned, fired/voted out all over the past 7 years. For the first time in 15 years our school is finally becoming somewhat stable. College realignment really happened at THE worst time possible for USM. Football has slowly somewhat recovered from the Ellis Johnson debacle of 2012. The Donnie Tyndall sanctions are officially over. I honestly think that if we are to ever get invited to the AAC, it'll only happen if we have a lot of success and proven investment in basketball (in addition to winning bowl games, conf/div championships in football) but I totally understand why y'all wouldn't want us. Anyways, I know this is a random post but again, I just needed to vent.

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-16-2017 08:41 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I know what you mean. Memphis is having one of the best runs in football in school history but attendance is mediocre. Unless we're playing an SEC school or Louisville, people really don't care.
11-16-2017 08:52 AM
Poseidon Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(11-16-2017 08:52 AM)TOGC Wrote:  

I know what you mean. Memphis is having one of the best runs in football in school history but attendance is mediocre. Unless we're playing an SEC school or Louisville, people really don't care.

So Memphis State misses it's old SEC schedule? 01-wingedeagle
11-16-2017 09:20 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
It seems like attendance is down across the ncaa. I think all these startups have diluted the appeal of div 1. I also think everyone making a bowl has killed the post season too. If you're 6-6, you shouldn't be in a bowl. If you're 1 game over .500 in a small time conference, you shouldn't make a bowl. Make it a reward to make a bowl.
11-16-2017 09:28 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2017 09:20 AM)Poseidon Wrote:  So Memphis State misses it's old SEC schedule? 01-wingedeagle

No, he only stated that SEC teams like Ole Miss, for example, draw more at Memphis home games than AAC teams. I think most Tulane fans could say the same thing about a home game against LSU than a home game against Memphis.
11-16-2017 09:33 AM
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(11-16-2017 09:20 AM)Poseidon Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 08:52 AM)TOGC Wrote:  

So Memphis State misses it's old SEC schedule? 01-wingedeagle

Our OOC schedule has mostly been SEC schools for the last 20 or 30 years. We regularly played Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, etc. every year.

But with the exception of a handful of teams, no one in Memphis gets excited about the AAC schedule. The forecast for our game against SMU this weekend is rain and cold, and most people think we will be lucky to get 30K at the game.

We used to average better than that back in the days when we were going 4-8.
11-16-2017 09:34 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2017 07:33 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Although we were often on the short end of the score, I miss playing So. Miss each year. I have long thought that no program does more with less than So. Miss.

Yeah, and nowadays we'd finally clobber em. 05-mafia
11-16-2017 09:37 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(11-16-2017 08:32 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 08:15 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Southern Miss picked the worst possible time to struggle when expansion happened. I wished we picked up southern miss over at least one of our members (without naming anyone).

Initials TU?

I may be the minority, but I wouldn't trade any TU school for any other option out there.

That being said, it makes all the sense in the world to try and get USM in the fold if they can figure out how to solve their financial and basketball issues.

If BYU and AFA are for sure no's, it might make sense to add USM + Army (South / North adds), with an Olympic sport paired to Army.

Southern Miss in the west would solidify rivalries with Tulane, Memphis and Houston, which would add the watchable tv and help raise the bottom line with regional, travelling fans I think.

First and foremost though, it has to make fiscal sense. No one is taking a pay cut for charity.
11-16-2017 09:37 AM
Poseidon Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
IMO The AAC should have taken USM and not Tulsa. I mean no offense at all to Tulsa. It was Obvious that the AAC was becoming a real CUSA 2.0 upgraded version. Taking Tulsa to pass on a charter member of the CUSA like USM was not cool. No offense is meant to Tulsa, they are a solid program and should fit into a good conference west of the mississippi like the MWC and aspire forBig 12. Tulsa was a staple in the Missouri Valley conference for around 50 years then INDY then WAC. They only entered a conference with teams majority of teams East of the Mississippi ten years ago. USM played Memphis, Tulane, ECU, and SEC schools since its inception.
11-16-2017 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.