Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not Trump but Trump Investigation
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
Not Trump but Trump Investigation
This back and forth at today's House Judiciary oversight really wraps up a lot of questions I have in nice concise package (FISA warrant, GPS, dossier, Clinton, and the new man of the hour Strzok). The body language of the FBI director made me squirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7A3QViXy-8

As an aside, it is somewhat amazing that the FBI is flirting with a contempt of Congress salvo on this matter....
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 07:26 PM by tanqtonic.)
12-07-2017 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Not Trump but Trump Investigation
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-...le/2642930

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-08...flynn-case

For those who think smoke is enough to justify an investigation - does it seem smoky in here to you?
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 03:41 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
12-08-2017 03:38 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(12-08-2017 03:38 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-...le/2642930

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-08...flynn-case

For those who think smoke is enough to justify an investigation - does it seem smoky in here to you?

I honestly have no idea what the Zero hedge article is trying to suggest - can you help me out there?

And for the Washington Examiner, what are they alleging happened during the meetings they highlight? That wasn’t clear either.

Both bring up the FBI agent who got canned, and I agree with the quote from Zero Hedge that they should review the documentation of any interviews that guy wrote up.
12-08-2017 05:50 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

12-08-2017 06:35 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

EXCLUSIVE: A senior Justice Department official demoted last week for concealing his meetings with the men behind the anti-Trump “dossier” had even closer ties to Fusion GPS, the firm responsible for the incendiary document, than have been disclosed, Fox News has confirmed: The official’s wife worked for Fusion GPS during the 2016 election.

The precise nature of Mrs. Ohr’s duties – including whether she worked on the dossier – remains unclear but a review of her published works available online reveals Mrs. Ohr has written extensively on Russia-related subjects. HPSCI staff confirmed to Fox News that she was paid by Fusion GPS through the summer and fall of 2016.

Fusion GPS has attracted scrutiny because Republican lawmakers have spent the better part of this year investigating whether the dossier, which was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, served as the basis for the Justice Department and the FBI to obtain FISA surveillance last year on a Trump campaign adviser named Carter Page.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/...ssier.htm
12-12-2017 10:13 AM
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

Anyone else here anywhere near somewhat concerned about that as of August, 2016, senior FBI executives were speculating (if not actually conspiring) as to how Donald Trump could be blocked from becoming president–in the office, apparently, of the Deputy Director of the FBI?
12-13-2017 04:15 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2017 04:15 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Anyone else here anywhere near somewhat concerned about that as of August, 2016, senior FBI executives were speculating (if not actually conspiring) as to how Donald Trump could be blocked from becoming president–in the office, apparently, of the Deputy Director of the FBI?

Had not seen that in reports of the texts - link?
12-13-2017 04:16 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

"Insurance policy" discussed

Quote:“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok wrote

The author of the text was the same guy who changed Comey's discussion of Hillary's server from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless".......
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 04:25 PM by tanqtonic.)
12-13-2017 04:23 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2017 04:23 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:   "Insurance policy" discussed

Quote:“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok wrote

The author of the text was the same guy who changed Comey's discussion of Hillary's server from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless".......

I'm aware of the news story, just hadn't seen these types of texts referenced. Most of them are just a bunch of nothing, the private political thoughts of a self-described conservative Democrat. But even with the nothingness to them, it's good he was sacked by Mueller when he found out about them.

However, this is a super weird and unclear about what they were talking about. After seeing these texts, I'm down for the investigation that is going on around the texts. Talking about how much you like/dislike a political candidate is one thing. But these leave too much unknown hanging out there.
12-13-2017 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.