Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Nigerian Prince" scammer arrested in Louisiana
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
"Nigerian Prince" scammer arrested in Louisiana
http://www.fox8live.com/story/37155946/p...in-slidell

Quote:After an 18-month investigation, Slidell Police have arrested a man in connection with a “Nigerian prince” scam that bilked people out of thousands of dollars.

The scam involved an email from someone claiming to be Nigerian royalty who tell the recipient that they are the beneficiary in a will to inherit an estate worth a million or more. The email solicits the recipient's personal financial information to "prove" they are the beneficiary and to speed the transfer of funds.

In connection with the scam, Slidell Police financial crimes investigators arrested Michael Neu, 67, for 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering. Neu is suspected of being a middle man who participated in hundreds of financial transactions that conned money from victims across the United States. Some of the money obtained by Neu was subsequently wired to co-conspirators in Nigeria.
12-29-2017 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigersroll Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: "Nigerian Prince" scammer arrested in Louisiana
Now I know we have some dim folks, but who in the world would fall for these types of scams. If it sounds too good to be true, then you turn the tables on the scammers. hell, I have been everything from a prison inmate to a pirate when responding to scams like this. drove the scammers insane for a long as I can. might as well have a lil fun with them.
12-29-2017 05:40 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-29-2017 05:40 PM)tigersroll Wrote:  Now I know we have some dim folks, but who in the world would fall for these types of scams. If it sounds too good to be true, then you turn the tables on the scammers. hell, I have been everything from a prison inmate to a pirate when responding to scams like this. drove the scammers insane for a long as I can. might as well have a lil fun with them.

04-cheers
12-29-2017 05:45 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I told that guy if he wired me 20 bucks for the uber to my bank, I’d wire him the 10k he needed to release my portion of his inheritance. I never heard back.
12-29-2017 05:54 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(12-29-2017 05:40 PM)tigersroll Wrote:  Now I know we have some dim folks, but who in the world would fall for these types of scams. If it sounds too good to be true, then you turn the tables on the scammers. hell, I have been everything from a prison inmate to a pirate when responding to scams like this. drove the scammers insane for a long as I can. might as well have a lil fun with them.

You'd love this then!

http://www.419eater.com

A blogger I've followed for a while went to Nigeria a few years ago and met real scammers, they're called 'Yaooze' since the early ones used Yahoo mostly. Recently the US market has actually dried up quite a bit since the stereotypical Nigerian prince scam is so well-known by this point, so their new schtick is to create pose themselves as American college girls with fake Facebook accounts, meet lonely European men online, and milk money out of them (and convincingly so) by having phone conversations that convert their voice to that of a woman. All of it is highly illegal even there, but profitable enough to where people still do it.
12-29-2017 08:12 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
A complete list of the victims needs to be compiled and then each and every one of them needs to be arrested for gross stupidity.
12-29-2017 08:28 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-29-2017 08:28 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  A complete list of the victims needs to be compiled and then each and every one of them needs to be arrested for gross stupidity.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

why do you continue to chide and steer me closer to jimi hendrix as I now am choking on the 'jane phlegm......

I need a dadgum red flag warning pal........
12-29-2017 08:56 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-29-2017 08:28 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  A complete list of the victims needs to be compiled and then each and every one of them needs to be arrested for gross stupidity.

Agreed.

I have zero sympathy for anybody who stupidly allows their own greed to cost them money like this.
12-30-2017 07:58 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Come ON!!!! I never got to finish my transaction with the Prince!!!! I was counting on splitting his family estate with him after I sent him $5,000. 03-hissyfit
12-30-2017 08:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.