Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Lib Mindset
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
The Lib Mindset
This is not from an article just an experience I had this weekend.

So I've worked for a construction company for 10 years and a perk we have is use of a condo. There's two, a big one and little one. During the summer they like for the people with kids to use the big one. It's just a perk. It's cheap and all salaried employees have access to it. This is the first year we've decided to use it. My wife said you know why don't you put in for dates and let's see what we get. So we got a week in April for the big one and the weekend of my birthday in October for the small one.

My wife said hey why don't we make a list of people to invite to the big one. So we have a couple friends that has a daughter a couple years older than our son. They play well, they'll go out and do things, and should be fun. The second on the list is my parents. They never took us on vacations and I don't think they've ever spent a week at the beach. The third option is my liberal mother in law. Only reason she's low on the list is because she's a history teacher at a college and would have classes to teach.

So I got the dates and we were discussing it in front of her and Saturday night she asked why hadn't we picked her. We told her that we thought it'd be nice for our couple friend to go since they've had a rough year and hadn't done a vacation in two years. Then explained about my parents. We told her she was third. Well she thought she should be first, the couple second, and my parents third. Whatever. It is what it is.

So she then asked about the weekend we're going. We're like it's my birthday weekend and it has one bedroom. She asked did it have a pull out sofa or anything. I said I think it does, but I wouldn't feel right about putting her on it. She got pissy and said um you'd be on it and I'd be in the master. Told her didn't matter she wasn't invading my birthday weekend. She got even more upset. Then asked if there was wifi. I said not sure why? Well if I come at any point I need internet to keep me entertained if you go out or go to the pool or beach.

So wait you're mad we haven't invited you but if you come you're staying inside and playing on the iPad. Yep.

Then I was asked could I get one for two weeks and let her have it a week by herself. Well no that's not how it works I have to be there. Then it was it's not fair you can't get the big one during the summer because your son is not school age. I should get it because I never have and she be able to have it for a month. She would be willing to occupy it. I thought she was kidding. Nope dead damn serious.

Then it was she needed to know who to talk to she could offer up a better schedule so it was fair to everyone. Told her she'd do no such thing. Then it was unfair that I get a perk when I do nothing to really contribute to this world. Just build buildings. Her job as a teacher for history that was totally more important and she deserves the condo more. If Hillary or Bernie was president they could've made it happen. Just on and on. Finally I told her I needed to go to bed. Then asked who built this house you're in a history student or a contractor. With that I got a huge FU.
01-01-2018 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: The Lib Mindset
I don’t know if that is so much a liberal mindset as that of a teacher.
01-01-2018 05:41 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Sorry man. That is just hellish. Credit for handling that with as much restraint as you did. Makes me appreciate my conservative, easy-going, loving mother-in-law all the more.
01-01-2018 05:44 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
That Nazi propaganda **** right there HoD. Next thing you’ll be asking us to watch videos comparing rats to teachers. No teacher that I know would act that way. More like a lawyer for an oil company....... yeah they would......03-lmfao
01-01-2018 05:48 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Maybe gdunn you can offer to pay for her room at the nearest 2 star...

[Image: saint-joseph-4021-frederick-boulevard-20...353big.jpg]
01-01-2018 05:49 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 05:48 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  That Nazi propaganda **** right there HoD. Next thing you’ll be asking us to watch videos comparing rats to teachers. No teacher that I know would act that way. More like a lawyer for an oil company....... yeah they would......03-lmfao

If you can find the videos I’ll post them.
01-01-2018 05:51 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(01-01-2018 05:48 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  That Nazi propaganda **** right there HoD. Next thing you’ll be asking us to watch videos comparing rats to teachers. No teacher that I know would act that way. More like a lawyer for an oil company....... yeah they would......03-lmfao

I actually agree Mach. My wife was a high school teacher for over 20 years and now she's a guidance counselor. That's not even in her remote parking lot of a ballfield to think and act like that.
01-01-2018 05:51 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-01-2018 05:41 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I don’t know if that is so much a liberal mindset as that of a teacher.

Nah, not a teacher.....more like just another example of someone that for some reason feels extremely entitled...glad my MIL was never that way.
01-01-2018 06:03 PM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
Just another liberal whining because she didn't get her way. Predictable. Sorry you have to put up with that kind of bs.
01-01-2018 06:11 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(01-01-2018 05:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

I actually agree Mach. My wife was a high school teacher for over 20 years and now she's a guidance counselor. That's not even in her remote parking lot of a ballfield to think and act like that.

Dunno....one of my wife's friends is a teacher and she went into a full fledged rant one night right after I retired about how it was unfair I was able to retire with 25 years service and she had to work 30 years before she was eligible. When I pointed out that I worked all year long and didn't get several months off a year, two weeks off at Christmas and a week during the spring.....oh and every time I reported on duty I stood chance to being killed or maimed she wasn't having it. She said it was only fair for things to be equal and that she was going to contact her representative and see if they would change it.
01-01-2018 06:15 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 06:15 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 05:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Dunno....one of my wife's friends is a teacher and she went into a full fledged rant one night right after I retired about how it was unfair I was able to retire with 25 years service and she had to work 30 years before she was eligible. When I pointed out that I worked all year long and didn't get several months off a year, two weeks off at Christmas and a week during the spring.....oh and every time I reported on duty I stood chance to being killed or maimed she wasn't having it. She said it was only fair for things to be equal and that she was going to contact her representative and see if they would change it.

Boom...

There are few groups out there that feel more put upon and entitled as a group.

Those conversations also hinge on some outsized take on the importance of teaching.
01-01-2018 06:17 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
gdunn.....that's one helluva a story I can easily relate to on a variety of levels.....

I loved my former in-laws...I'd walk in and tell them it was gonna kill 'em early if they kept watching that fox shite all day....they'd laugh their arse off.....

after poppy passed, I told gran, "I'm mowing your grass pro bono until either one of us dies".....they easily got my sense of humor...

hell, I even get the occasional call from the ex with pseudo thanks....she has an MBA working for the MDHS in the 'burg.....go figure, eh?

sometimes, it's not easy playing both sides of the fence in that arena....

as an aside, well wishes to the young 'un......that's the real job now pal....as I'm certain you are, I have no doubt he's smilin' daily x10!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 06:21 PM by stinkfist.)
01-01-2018 06:20 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(01-01-2018 06:17 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 05:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I actually agree Mach. My wife was a high school teacher for over 20 years and now she's a guidance counselor. That's not even in her remote parking lot of a ballfield to think and act like that.

Boom...

Those conversations also hinge on some outsized take on the importance of teaching.

What's the "boom" for? Are you claiming ALL teachers are this way? I think it just depends. Obviously, I can't paint a broad brush stroke on ALL teachers but the ones I have encountered via through my wife would not exhibit this attitude that gdunn describes. We live in a very bible faring, conservative community in North Carolina and I've not encountered this entitlement that you describe. I don't deny that it's out there but my experience has been different.
01-01-2018 06:36 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 06:36 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 05:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I actually agree Mach. My wife was a high school teacher for over 20 years and now she's a guidance counselor. That's not even in her remote parking lot of a ballfield to think and act like that.

Boom...

What's the "boom" for? Are you claiming ALL teachers are this way? I think it just depends. Obviously, I can't paint a broad brush stroke on ALL teachers but the ones I have encountered via through my wife would not exhibit this attitude that gdunn describes. We live in a very bible faring, conservative community in North Carolina and I've not encountered this entitlement that you describe. I don't deny that it's out there but my experience has been different.

When did I say every one? If I didn’t say it it’s best not to assume.
01-01-2018 06:38 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(01-01-2018 06:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 06:17 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Boom...

Ok, I'm not assuming. Clarify "groups?" Majority? Your words, not mine.
01-01-2018 06:45 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 06:45 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 06:17 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Boom...

Ok, I'm not assuming. Clarify "groups?" Majority? Your words, not mine.

Groups...

What clarification is needed?
01-01-2018 06:47 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

Boom...

yeah.....that's a lawyer for ya....

we all knew what you implied....

this premise isn't about how to argue in court....

these are real people sharing real stories within their culture base.....

it's actually ironic how this one's playing out.....
01-01-2018 06:50 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 06:50 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 06:15 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Dunno....one of my wife's friends is a teacher and she went into a full fledged rant one night right after I retired about how it was unfair I was able to retire with 25 years service and she had to work 30 years before she was eligible. When I pointed out that I worked all year long and didn't get several months off a year, two weeks off at Christmas and a week during the spring.....oh and every time I reported on duty I stood chance to being killed or maimed she wasn't having it. She said it was only fair for things to be equal and that she was going to contact her representative and see if they would change it.

Boom...

yeah.....that's a lawyer for ya....

we all knew what you implied....

this premise isn't about how to argue in court....

these are real people sharing real stories within their culture base.....

it's actually ironic how this one's playing out.....

...ok
01-01-2018 06:54 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Boys I was fine with 30 years. Kasich changed it to where I have to work 38 years to enjoy my retirement. 18 years in these sons a ******* did this to us. All because of the propaganda that’s put on us like above. In twenty years the fascists will be wanting to put us into concentration camps for a tax cut to corporations. They will sell it as a win win........

I’m sure there are some of you in here with a crooked smile rubbing your chin..... you know that’s not a bad idea.....
01-01-2018 06:59 PM
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(01-01-2018 05:33 PM)gdunn Wrote:  This is not from an article just an experience I had this weekend.

So I've worked for a construction company for 10 years and a perk we have is use of a condo. There's two, a big one and little one. During the summer they like for the people with kids to use the big one. It's just a perk. It's cheap and all salaried employees have access to it. This is the first year we've decided to use it. My wife said you know why don't you put in for dates and let's see what we get. So we got a week in April for the big one and the weekend of my birthday in October for the small one.

My wife said hey why don't we make a list of people to invite to the big one. So we have a couple friends that has a daughter a couple years older than our son. They play well, they'll go out and do things, and should be fun. The second on the list is my parents. They never took us on vacations and I don't think they've ever spent a week at the beach. The third option is my liberal mother in law. Only reason she's low on the list is because she's a history teacher at a college and would have classes to teach.

So I got the dates and we were discussing it in front of her and Saturday night she asked why hadn't we picked her. We told her that we thought it'd be nice for our couple friend to go since they've had a rough year and hadn't done a vacation in two years. Then explained about my parents. We told her she was third. Well she thought she should be first, the couple second, and my parents third. Whatever. It is what it is.

So she then asked about the weekend we're going. We're like it's my birthday weekend and it has one bedroom. She asked did it have a pull out sofa or anything. I said I think it does, but I wouldn't feel right about putting her on it. She got pissy and said um you'd be on it and I'd be in the master. Told her didn't matter she wasn't invading my birthday weekend. She got even more upset. Then asked if there was wifi. I said not sure why? Well if I come at any point I need internet to keep me entertained if you go out or go to the pool or beach.

So wait you're mad we haven't invited you but if you come you're staying inside and playing on the iPad. Yep.

Then I was asked could I get one for two weeks and let her have it a week by herself. Well no that's not how it works I have to be there. Then it was it's not fair you can't get the big one during the summer because your son is not school age. I should get it because I never have and she be able to have it for a month. She would be willing to occupy it. I thought she was kidding. Nope dead damn serious.

Then it was she needed to know who to talk to she could offer up a better schedule so it was fair to everyone. Told her she'd do no such thing. Then it was unfair that I get a perk when I do nothing to really contribute to this world. Just build buildings. Her job as a teacher for history that was totally more important and she deserves the condo more. If Hillary or Bernie was president they could've made it happen. Just on and on. Finally I told her I needed to go to bed. Then asked who built this house you're in a history student or a contractor. With that I got a huge FU.

So Fit is your mother in law?
01-01-2018 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.