Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

reds 2018
Bookmark and Share
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
reds 2018
anyone else think if winker ends up starting he should bat leadoff? i'm expecting him take to depants scheby schebb schebb if he gets that full time. it's pretty awesome we have two starting catchers. if mez is finally healthy, with the gold glove barnhart, he'll probably stay off the dl and pop about twenty dingers. pretty loaded on offense. still gotta find room for senzel.

i'm sure luis castillo will crush all our spirits by ballooning a little bit. not like bartolo colon. and stephenson is going to surprise us, iglesias gets traded and lorenzen stays in the pen. those are my bold predictions. they finish .500

02-01-2018 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: reds 2018
All 4 will get a decent amount of playing time. Me thinks, Duvall will be the one that gets the short straw though.

02-01-2018 02:33 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

yeah it's a tough one. schebby gets on base more and clubs the same amount of dingers and they both deserve playing time. i've become quite the softy for the adam dunns of the baseball world. todd frazier is quickly going that way. kinda surprised by that. he's sold out to the dinger. it's hilarious that adam duvall is almost thirty. christ, we should he actually have reached the big leagues?

02-02-2018 11:52 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Reds ink Suarez to a $66M 7 year deal with a club option to make it 8 for 2025. Huge signing imo. I think a lot of people overlook just how good he was last year, maybe in part because his batting average wasn't that great. But he hits with some real power, has decent speed for a 3B, knows how to take a walk and to the surprise of many had a great year in the field.

I know he complicates the Senzel situation a bit, but if he can keep improving he's a cornerstone type guy on a playoff team imo.

Now if we could just get a healthy pitching staff...

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 11:04 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
03-16-2018 11:01 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
NL Central is going to be really deep this year. Nearly the entire Reds lineup had career years last season and the team still really struggled. Pitching has to be better this year, but I have a hard time seeing it translate into many more wins.

03-16-2018 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

i think gennett might be the real deal

03-16-2018 12:38 PM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-01-2018 12:20 PM)Lush Wrote:  anyone else think if winker ends up starting he should bat leadoff?

03-30-2018 02:02 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

(02-01-2018 12:20 PM)Lush Wrote:  anyone else think if winker ends up starting he should bat leadoff?

I'm not sure how big of a deal it is, but I'd be open to it. If things work as hoped, the Reds could put together a pretty impressive 4some of guys who really know what they are doing at the plate as far as getting on base in Votto, Winker, Suarez and Senzel. I also really like Schebler and you could make a case that Duvall and Scooter have a decent idea of what they are doing as well. Tucker continues to impress and maybe it isn't impossible that Mez could return to form? I doubt that Peraza ever learns to take a walk, but I do think he could hit over .300. I love Billy too, but I just don't know if he's ever going to be anything but a liability at the plate. Still, there's the makings of a pretty good lineup there in the near future imo.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 05:41 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
03-30-2018 05:40 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

you think pereza could bat over .300? i'd rather move geno to short and plug in senzel. scoot's a guy i'd hate to part with. hate to part with pereza as well, but both deserve to start

03-31-2018 11:17 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

(03-31-2018 11:17 AM)Lush Wrote:  you think pereza could bat over .300? i'd rather move geno to short and plug in senzel. scoot's a guy i'd hate to part with. hate to part with pereza as well, but both deserve to start

People forget that Peraza is only 24 and that he hit .324 for the Reds in 2016 in 241 ABs. The problem is he doesn't have any power and he doesn't take many walks so he has to hit .300+ to avoid having a terrible OBP. And his defense at SS remains to be seen.

Suarez has to play. I get where you are coming from, but he has actually been fantastic defensively at 3rd so it's borderline crazy to try to turn him into a SS which requires so much range and athleticism. Scooter's defense is questionable at 2B, but his hitting and power so far means he should also be playing everyday.

At least right now, with his potential power and good eye at the plate, Senzel projects much higher than Peraza so I think SS is where he goes when he's ready. If he can handle it defensively, his bat should be a huge advantage there. Maybe Peraza becomes our pinch hitter/supersub who can take over at 2B, SS, 3B and ideally OF if anyone gets hurt.

03-31-2018 11:56 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Reds has the bases loaded, back to back innings, with nobody out and scored 2 total runs. Pathetic.

03-31-2018 03:30 PM
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
2 games in vs the best starting rotation in baseball, so not alot nm yo make of it, but I'd say the Reds are st least another year out. Too bad they'll be wasting Vottos talent and salary on another losing season.

03-31-2018 03:49 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-31-2018 03:49 PM)jarr Wrote:  2 games in vs the best starting rotation in baseball, so not alot nm yo make of it, but I'd say the Reds are st least another year out. Too bad they'll be wasting Vottos talent and salary on another losing season.

I think they are a ways away from competing again. I am not so sure we see anything out of this rebuild except for more guys to trade away and try again.

04-02-2018 10:03 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

it's all up to that pitching. i have high hopes for quakenbush. christ, what was that ridiculously named pitcher last year?

04-02-2018 11:46 AM
Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
Will they lose 100 again? How soon will they be mathematically eliminated?

04-02-2018 02:17 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

(04-02-2018 11:46 AM)Lush Wrote:  it's all up to that pitching. i have high hopes for quakenbush...

I think they'll hit, but yeah pitching is the big "?" Perhaps naively, I was hoping for a return to form from Disco this year, but at this point it's probably smarter to just write him off and consider anything we get out of him to be found money. He's a big loss imo. I think the Reds can contend, but they'll need a lot of young pitchers to step up big time and stay healthy. It's possible but it's probably not realistic to think that we'll get enough of those pitchers to "break through" this year.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2018 03:29 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
04-02-2018 03:28 PM
Advertisement

The Big O Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Another nice outing from Mahle. I think he's going to be better than what a lot of people are expecting.

04-02-2018 06:08 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2018 06:08 PM)The Big O Wrote:  Another nice outing from Mahle. I think he's going to be better than what a lot of people are expecting.
Mahle dominated at AA last year. I think he's going to be good but he may be up a little early by necessity. He's one of the few things that excite me about this team.

04-02-2018 06:29 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

Nevermind. I see he's 23 and had a full season between AA/AAA last year. He's here and it's not because of necessity, he belongs here and hopefully is a building block.

04-02-2018 06:38 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

(04-02-2018 06:38 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Nevermind. I see he's 23 and had a full season between AA/AAA last year. He's here and it's not because of necessity, he belongs here and hopefully is a building block.

Mahle is one of the pitchers I was talking about earlier today as far as the Reds needing him to step up big time. So far in the minors, Mahle has been one of those guys that the scouts don't love, but all he does is get guys out in games. I think in an ideal world, the Reds might have preferred to give him at least part of another season in AAA, but obviously the need and opportunity is there so good on him for grabbing it. He's looked very good so far in very limited time last year and of course today. So hopefully he can hold on and we can find a few other pitchers to help out.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 10:38 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
04-02-2018 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.