Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

School to Win the AAC Tourney Other than Cincy, WSU, and Houston - Your Input
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
MyBB School to Win the AAC Tourney Other than Cincy, WSU, and Houston - Your Input
Currently, it appears only Cincy, WSU, and Houston will earn an NCAA bid from the AAC.

Other than those schools, which team do you think has the best opportunity to win the AAC Tourney?

Here are my thoughts (FWIW):
Memphis, UConn, ECU, Tulane, and USF are too wretched to seriously consider. If Fall was healthy, I would go with UCF. If Temple was more consistent, I would go with the Owls. SMU has serious injury (they may not recover in time and maybe rusty) and depth issues. By process of elimination, my pick is Tulsa.
02-19-2018 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: School to Win the AAC Tourney Other than Cincy, WSU, and Houston - Your Input
USF or ECU everyone will over look them...
02-19-2018 08:23 AM
pvtlamb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WSU
RE: School to Win the AAC Tourney Other than Cincy, WSU, and Houston - Your Input
The only possibility is Temple.
02-19-2018 08:26 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-19-2018 08:26 AM)pvtlamb Wrote:  The only possibility is Temple.

Yep.

If it were in Hartford and the league contracted Ted Valentine to officiate, I would put literally every dollar I have on UConn, but alas, Orlando it is.
02-19-2018 08:37 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
ECU
02-19-2018 08:41 AM
Shockem Offline
Bench Warmer

Temple is the only other team that can win the big games. The problem for Temple is they will probably turn around and get blown out the next game. I think it’s a three team race. The only hope for Temple is that the 3 big dogs get knocked off early to create an easier path.
02-19-2018 09:12 AM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
I would never count out UConn this time of year. SMU is also gonna get some of their players back.
02-19-2018 09:49 AM
Play Angry Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wichita State
Temple and, depending on injury status, SMU are the teams with the highest ceilings from this group.

Probably a ~5% chance in aggregate for the field IMO.
02-19-2018 09:54 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
TCU has a chance to win the aac
02-19-2018 10:08 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Temple has the best shot, but they have been beaten by UC and Houston by 30.
02-19-2018 10:09 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Temple or Ucf (home team) but both really long shots. Smu maybe with Milton?
02-19-2018 10:11 AM
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
The best one for the conference is Temple. If they bring the game they brought in Wichita they will have enough juice to beat everyone except for us IF we bear down and play desperate. If we relax, we'll get stomped too. Can they do it for 4 games in a row? Probably not.

T

...03-cool
02-19-2018 10:16 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
@billpotter_
1h1 hour ago
More
Crunched the numbers this morning, and sure enough, still exists a scenario in which we get to a 5-way tie for the @American_MBB regular-season title.
02-19-2018 10:34 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(02-19-2018 10:16 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  The best one for the conference is Temple. If they bring the game they brought in Wichita they will have enough juice to beat everyone except for us IF we bear down and play desperate. If we relax, we'll get stomped too. Can they do it for 4 games in a row? Probably not.

T

...03-cool

Probably not.
02-19-2018 10:37 AM
Shockem Offline
Bench Warmer

FWIW the Shockers are typically not a very good conference tournament team. We struggled even with our best teams (other than our undefeated year) in the MVC tourneys. I'd be thrilled to pull it off, but history says we lose on Saturday.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 11:44 AM by Shockem.)
02-19-2018 11:44 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(02-19-2018 11:44 AM)Shockem Wrote:  FWIW the Shockers are typically not a very good conference tournament team. We struggled even with our best teams (other than our undefeated year) in the MVC tourneys. I'd be thrilled to pull it off, but history says we lose on Saturday.

Sounds like Cincinnati. Houston hasn't been great in the conference tourney either.
02-19-2018 11:46 AM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(02-19-2018 11:46 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-19-2018 11:44 AM)Shockem Wrote:  FWIW the Shockers are typically not a very good conference tournament team. We struggled even with our best teams (other than our undefeated year) in the MVC tourneys. I'd be thrilled to pull it off, but history says we lose on Saturday.

Sounds like Cincinnati. Houston hasn't been great in the conference tourney either.

SMU is not good in the NCAA tourney
02-19-2018 11:50 AM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
UCF over Temple in the finals, AAC with 5 bids.
02-19-2018 11:51 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
tulsa is the hottest team right now (5 in a row) but non were top teams

my answer is temple but depending on the match up....everyone thinks temple is hot and cold...i think temple isnt that hot and cold but have huge weaknesses certain teams can exploit...i don't think temple matches up with houston especially at the physicality in the paint..but can handle a scoring duel with wsu
its not that temple is good 1 day and bad the other ...i think they can handle certain things well but handle other thing horribly

temple can win if they avoid certain teams
02-19-2018 12:07 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(02-19-2018 12:07 PM)pesik Wrote:  tulsa is the hottest team right now (5 in a row) but non were top teams

my answer is temple but depending on the match up....everyone thinks temple is hot and cold...i think temple isnt that hot and cold but have huge weaknesses certain teams can exploit...i don't think temple matches up with houston especially at the physicality in the paint..but can handle a scoring duel with wsu
its not that temple is good 1 day and bad the other ...i think they can handle certain things well but handle other thing horribly

temple can win if they avoid certain teams

It’s our streaky shooting that is good and bad. Unfortunately, when we shoot badly, we also defend and rebound poorly. That’s how we lose to UC by 4 then by 30; orget blown out early at home by Houston, yet hang with Wichita for two games. The Owls are not mentally or physically tough enough to deal with adversity.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 12:41 PM by vick mike.)
02-19-2018 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.