Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMS frustrated over Parkland response
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/26/flo...ponse.html

Quote:Three high-ranking Florida officials close to the law enforcement response at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School tell Fox News there was a delay in Emergency Medical Service getting into the school in the critical moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire, killing 17 people and wounding at least 14 others.

Two separate sources told Fox News some of the EMS teams who requested to enter the school were told they could not. One source said it was the Broward County Sheriff’s Office – which was the commanding office – that ordered some of the EMS crews not to go into the school when they requested to enter.

“What’s going to come out is, in the communications on several circumstances, there was the request to enter... the request was denied from Broward County,” a Florida official told Fox News.

“When you have a police agency saying we don’t want you going in, that’s a problem,” another Florida official said. “The training since Columbine has been [that] first responders, police go in immediately with paramedics.”

Quote:In a press release, Moser said the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department was in command of all medical functions, and only that relating to the care of patients.

Moser said he could not recall EMS ever going into an area that hadn’t been cleared by law enforcement without the assistance of police or a security contingency.

“It’s a joint venture, they can’t operate with us and we can’t operate without them,” Moser said.

Still, officials and responders remained angry about how operations were handled. Fox News’ reporting aligns with similar information from reporter Brian Entin of Fox News affiliate WSVN in Miami.

Entin reports he spoke to a seasoned emergency medical responder who was one of the first on the scene to the Stoneman Douglas shooting. The responder told Entin, “everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing.”

The responder also reportedly told Entin that medical teams were willing to risk their lives to go inside and were asking their scene commander why they were standing around. “The response every time was, law enforcement did not clear the scene and would not allow medical personnel in.”

The responder added, “I would hypothesize I could have saved lives. I can’t say for sure.”

Three high-ranking sources including a fire official told Fox News the responder who spoke to Entin could be accurate.

“The WSVN report is correct,” one source said.

“The WSVN report does not shock me given what I’ve found out,” said the fire official.

Quote:The allegations of a delayed EMS response came as Florida Gov. Rick Scott launched an investigation into the Broward County Sheriff’s office response on the day of the shooting and how the emergency was handled in its entirety.

Quote:One fire official said if there was a delay in the deputies' response, it would have had a domino effect on EMS.

“If they’re not going in then we’re not going in. We’re trained to go in with them,” a fire official told Fox News.

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, the state’s top law enforcement official, spoke to Fox News on Monday and weighed in on the ongoing investigation into the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, suggesting it would shine a light on the timeline of the February 14 massacre.

"I know a lot more than you all do now, so all I’m going to say is, yes, I believe there needs to be a full investigation,” Bondi said. “I don’t think some people were being honest and we’re going to investigate this in Florida and the right thing will be done.”

I had an email alert about this issue earlier today because I still get breaking public safety news. I almost posted that article, but since it's been a few years since I have undergone the training and standards change in new disciplines as experience is gained I wanted to verify my knowledge so I texted a few friends who are still in fire, EMS, and law enforcement. To a person they confirmed what the medics were saying in this article....the standard they are trained to is that EMS goes in behind the entry team and while under law enforcement protection begins triage and treatment of the victims.
02-26-2018 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: EMS frustrated over Parkland response
I am not a violent person but the drama kinds yeah I hope they get their ass beat.
02-26-2018 09:53 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Looking more and more like a stand down.
02-26-2018 10:06 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
There is no way Sheriff Israel survives this. Incompetency at its highest on so many levels. Hmmmmm.

[Image: DWVKDpHUMAAfWJH.jpg]

[Image: 14907256_1588699801155633_48945246183930...e=5B0A3E48]

[Image: 12039313_1233351940023756_24948032769703...e=5B052DC3]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018 10:12 PM by UCGrad1992.)
02-26-2018 10:07 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(02-26-2018 10:06 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Looking more and more like a stand down.

It won't be pretty.
02-26-2018 10:08 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
James Woods‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods

It will be a real catastrophe if evidence emerges that the four #Broward deputies were told not to engage the killer. There was either a training problem, a communication problem, or a command problem. It’s too easy to call men “cowards.” Something is rotten in this whole deal.

just saw this, wow

http://dailyrollcall.com/broward-county-...t-schools/
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018 10:32 PM by shere khan.)
02-26-2018 10:30 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
(02-26-2018 10:30 PM)shere khan Wrote:  James Woods‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods

It will be a real catastrophe if evidence emerges that the four #Broward deputies were told not to engage the killer. There was either a training problem, a communication problem, or a command problem. It’s too easy to call men “cowards.” Something is rotten in this whole deal.

just saw this, wow

That last thing takes the cake. Training the Muslims but not schools, what a Dem made mess. Hopefully that sheriff is canned, what a clown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
02-26-2018 10:38 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-26-2018 10:38 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 10:30 PM)shere khan Wrote:  James Woods‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods

just saw this, wow

That last thing takes the cake. Training the Muslims but not schools, what a Dem made mess. Hopefully that sheriff is canned, what a clown.

Wouldn't matter. Broward County would just elect another leftist idiot.
02-26-2018 10:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

just saw this, wow

Wow what a disaster. Giving lessons at a Mosque but not a schools. Unreal.
02-26-2018 10:51 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
45 MINUTES 45 M I N U T E S! UFB!
If my child had layed there 45 MINUTES...
02-27-2018 12:01 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-26-2018 10:07 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  There is no way Sheriff Israel survives this. Incompetency at its highest on so many levels. Hmmmmm.

[Image: DWVKDpHUMAAfWJH.jpg]

[Image: 14907256_1588699801155633_48945246183930...e=5B0A3E48]

[Image: 12039313_1233351940023756_24948032769703...e=5B052DC3]

But, but, but

I've given AMAZING leadership!

Uhhh, yea, sure. You and the cank as well... 21 Now dead.

Lock Him Up! Too. 07-coffee3
02-27-2018 01:26 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-26-2018 10:51 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

just saw this, wow

Wow what a disaster. Giving lessons at a Mosque but not a schools. Unreal.

Thank you Oblunder. Gotta protect his people.
02-27-2018 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.