Anyone know anything?

03-02-2018 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stevenashville Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Evans Update?
According to Tom Groeschen, Evans said he is "fine." Source.

03-02-2018 10:01 AM
GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats
Evans, a Baton Rouge-native, had a sizeable contingent of family and friends in Bearcats red sitting behind the bench and delighted them with three early 3-pointers as part of an 11-point outburst before hurting his ankle with 8 minutes left in the first half. He needed help to get to the locker room initially. He limped back to the bench before the first half ended and told Cronin he was able to play, but never checked back in.

''I wasn't going to put him back in. It's March, so we've got a lot bigger fish to fry, so he wasn't going to get back in no matter what he told me,'' Cronin said. ''I mean, I love him and he wanted to play, but it is what it is.''

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...CY@TULANE/

03-02-2018 10:04 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

Too lazy to look for it but twitter says he'll be playing Sunday at Wichita St.

03-02-2018 10:05 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
As Bearcat fans, I think we all have PTSD from Kenyons leg and probably always will. Seeing our star player on the ground pounding his fist and dropping F-bombs makes your gut wrench. Glad it sound like he is ok. I would consider not playing him Sunday if he isn't 100% or st least limiting his minutes, no 38-40 minute game. JE is tough guy though, so it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

03-02-2018 10:23 AM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(03-02-2018 10:23 AM)jarr Wrote:  As Bearcat fans, I think we all have PTSD from Kenyons leg and probably always will. Seeing our star player on the ground pounding his fist and dropping F-bombs makes your gut wrench. Glad it sound like he is ok. I would consider not playing him Sunday if he isn't 100% or st least limiting his minutes, no 38-40 minute game. JE is tough guy though, so it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

Still spend time wondering what could have been. Not just for that season either, it affected his NBA career.

03-02-2018 10:27 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2018 10:23 AM)jarr Wrote:  As Bearcat fans, I think we all have PTSD from Kenyons leg and probably always will. Seeing our star player on the ground pounding his fist and dropping F-bombs makes your gut wrench. Glad it sound like he is ok. I would consider not playing him Sunday if he isn't 100% or st least limiting his minutes, no 38-40 minute game. JE is tough guy though, so it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

Yeah, you could hear him very clearly on the TV and since it was impossible to tell what happened in real time, I was very scared until I saw the replay. He was probably scared more than anything with so much on the line with the postseason and his NBA future.

03-02-2018 12:24 PM
scvanguard1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincy, Oklahoma
Any concerns that this might lead him to go for the NBA now rather than risk another injury at the college level?

03-02-2018 12:44 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(03-02-2018 12:44 PM)scvanguard1 Wrote:  Any concerns that this might lead him to go for the NBA now rather than risk another injury at the college level?

No.
Think you're jumping a school of sharks with that one.

03-02-2018 01:12 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

You really think he's gone after this year? Everything I have seen has him a possible late 1st round, definite 2nd round guy. If he sticks around, could he become a lottery pick next year? I'm looking out for the good of the team vs. his interests. Awesome for him if he has played himself into a 1st round, guaranteed contract already.

03-02-2018 01:58 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(03-02-2018 01:58 PM)bearcatdp Wrote:  You really think he's gone after this year? Everything I have seen has him a possible late 1st round, definite 2nd round guy. If he sticks around, could he become a lottery pick next year? I'm looking out for the good of the team vs. his interests. Awesome for him if he has played himself into a 1st round, guaranteed contract already.

I think he might be, but not because of that injury yesterday.
Look, playing your way to a lottery pick is not something you can really control anymore. You have people overseas, way more competition and most teams want once in a generation type players. More than anything, they want prospects who are younger. If he stays and doesn't make that line, he's a year older and less desirable.

https://twitter.com/colezwicker/status/9...3FPage%3D4

Not saying I don't want him to stay, but it would not surprise me at all if he left.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018 02:21 PM by Recluse1.)
03-02-2018 02:19 PM
Advertisement

digibrink Offline
2nd String

Look at the SK situation. I know he's not perfect but the NBA seems to be really fickle. Gotta take your opportunity when it comes. Evans leaving would make that OSU game a lot more worrisome, and next year could be frustrating at times.

That said - it was really fun watching the young guys stretch their legs against Tulane, they looked great!

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018 02:23 PM by digibrink.)
03-02-2018 02:22 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
(03-02-2018 02:19 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 01:58 PM)bearcatdp Wrote:  You really think he's gone after this year? Everything I have seen has him a possible late 1st round, definite 2nd round guy. If he sticks around, could he become a lottery pick next year? I'm looking out for the good of the team vs. his interests. Awesome for him if he has played himself into a 1st round, guaranteed contract already.

I think he might be, but not because of that injury yesterday.
Look, playing your way to a lottery pick is not something you can really control anymore. You have people overseas, most teams want once in a generation type players, who are younger. If he stays and doesn't make that line, he's a year older and less desirable.

https://twitter.com/colezwicker/status/9...3FPage%3D4

Not saying I don't want him to stay, but it would not surprise me at all if he left.

Actually, the defensive end has really placed a spotlight on his athleticism. When he swats someone it's never a tip block. it's like he's playing volleyball.

i agree with a lot of what's stated above. i think he should go. He'll have more opportunity and access to resources at the next level that will help his development moreso then here.

03-02-2018 02:26 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

If the kid wants to spend a final year in college more power to him but he's best to go now. He's already a good all around player so he's unlikely to be a dramatically different prospect a year from now. He's guaranteed to be a year older next year. I believe he'll work his way into the late first round and will have a long career due to his size, athleticism, ballhandling, defense, and 3 point shooting. For a role player he's a better prospect in every way than SK who lasted three years in the league.

03-02-2018 02:59 PM
ucbrownsfan Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2018 02:59 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  If the kid wants to spend a final year in college more power to him but he's best to go now. He's already a good all around player so he's unlikely to be a dramatically different prospect a year from now. He's guaranteed to be a year older next year. I believe he'll work his way into the late first round and will have a long career due to his size, athleticism, ballhandling, defense, and 3 point shooting. For a role player he's a better prospect in every way than SK who lasted three years in the league.

Not to say there isn't downside to staying... but for him I think his best situation would be staying a year and improving his handle, that's his best bet to ever be a NBA starter. He's not a natural alpha personality tho, so his NBA career may be best as a good role player anyway... if that's the case he should go.

03-02-2018 03:06 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

That's also something he can develop while getting paid.

03-02-2018 03:11 PM
Advertisement

330Bearcat Offline
Water Engineer

Many players I noticed don’t wear mid or high top shoes anymore. Evans had low tops on which have less ankle support. Yes , you can get injured in any shoes , but the low top trend I don’t get it. I couldn’t even tell what brand they were but they looked like casual shoes. Seems like guards wear low ones more often , but if you are driving and jumping , it can lead to twists and sprains. They all get UA issued shoes but guys look like they just wear whatever they want.

03-02-2018 03:32 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(03-02-2018 03:32 PM)330Bearcat Wrote:  Many players I noticed don’t wear mid or high top shoes anymore. Evans had low tops on which have less ankle support. Yes , you can get injured in any shoes , but the low top trend I don’t get it. I couldn’t even tell what brand they were but they looked like casual shoes. Seems like guards wear low ones more often , but if you are driving and jumping , it can lead to twists and sprains. They all get UA issued shoes but guys look like they just wear whatever they want.

I totally get it.
A lot of hightops(and other gym shoes in general) have soft backs and are a pain in the ass to put on unless you plan to undo most of the laces.
Got a pair of lugz the other day, I hadn't worn shoes like that in ages and it's just aggravating. Feels like I'm trying to put on some thigh-high stripper boots but without the zipper on the sides of them. I don't know anyone who still sells shoe horns anymore and frankly, I don't feel like looking for them.
Just every time... it's a struggle with the heel. As for the roll last night, he stopped and tried to change direction when he was cut off. It's unfortunate, but I don't know that it would have made a difference.

03-02-2018 03:43 PM
ucbrownsfan Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2018 03:11 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  That's also something he can develop while getting paid.

Maybe, it just seems to me that a lot goes into how you enter the NBA. Develop and then get drafted... the more attention you get to improve. Once you're there, a lot more is on you to improve.

03-02-2018 03:44 PM
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-02-2018 03:32 PM)330Bearcat Wrote:  Many players I noticed don’t wear mid or high top shoes anymore. Evans had low tops on which have less ankle support. Yes , you can get injured in any shoes , but the low top trend I don’t get it. I couldn’t even tell what brand they were but they looked like casual shoes. Seems like guards wear low ones more often , but if you are driving and jumping , it can lead to twists and sprains. They all get UA issued shoes but guys look like they just wear whatever they want.

If Jake wraps his ankles, the shoes don't make a big difference.

03-02-2018 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.